Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Parts prices…

stumpjumper83 ยท 2011-02-09 22:56

So I was dismanteling a linkbelt speeder dragline for scrap and my takeuchi tb53 was assisting with the thumb and I managed to do a little damage to the tak instead. It has a cp quick hitch, manual style and when it was stuck together, they didn't get enough penetration on their welds and this is what happened. The pan is to take th quick hitch off, grind the welds out, press it back tight and weld it back together again. This time using a big enough welder and going to make sure the welds penetrate. Also going to redo the other side as well, just because. Worst part is that it bent the main pin for the thumb, 1.775 (45mm) x 14" or so. Dealer thinks the pin is worth $542.00 ouch... Guess I'm headed to the tool & die shop and see what pin stick costs. I guess pins get expensive when they are drill for greese zerks.

Replies1
  1. #1skbexcavating2011-04-24 03:39

    I would drill the end of the crack and plate it too. I have had to do some work on my CP quick change too. I wish I would have ordered it with the style that uses the wedge bar. I have to 'tune' mine every 200 or so hours or it will start to mess up the buckets. I just got done replacing the back and bar (tube) on my 36' CP bucket. I put a 1" back in it and went to solid 3" bar for the cross tube (now cross bar). I also put a half inch plate on the back of my 42" clean out bucket. Because the cross tubes tend to bend I added a gusset using 1/2 x 2" flat stock on the inside to hopefully prevent to others from bending. I ran the gusset from the edge of the opening for the quick change to each side of the bucket. I figured that only having the tube attached to the back in one spot (other thatn the sides) was letting it bend. At least now it is triangulated. So far so go. Replacing the backs and tubes is a pain. Once the tube starts to bend it trashes the quick change.