I was wondering if anyone has purchased parts from Lift Parts Warehouse. Or if they are reputable to deal with. I need a rebuilt Delco 35MT starter for my tractor and they are the cheapest I have been able to find. $338.99 delivered and no core charge. https://www.liftpartswarehouse.com/
New Delco Remy 35MT Starter for sale | Louisville Kentucky United States | Starters | TPI Delco Remy Part No. 8200833 35MT Starter truckpartsinventory.com
Thanks for taking the time to find that one and the link to it. but it seems there are almost endless variations of the Delco Remy starters. The nose on them and number of teeth on the pinion causes a lot of confusion. An old and now deceased rebuilder told me that the part number will indicate what the configuration was when it was new. Before I owned the tractor some bozo put a replacement starter on it that had an 11 tooth pinion instead of the 10 tooth it was supposed to have. It made strange sounds and would start the tractor but it eventually destroyed the ring gear.
What a pain. I had to do a nose cone rotation explanation a while back, to one of the guys. He was ready to take the starter back, because it was clocked wrong. I rarely buy starters online, there's still a starter/ alternator shop about a hour away from me, and I usually go there.
No-one in my area rebuilds them anymore. NAPA and all the other retailers I contacted want more for a rebuilt starter than I was able to buy new on-line. Lift Parts Warehouse is legitimate. They would have drop shipped that starter I tried to buy. Their supplier increased the price to over $800.00. I canceled the order. It took a lot of online searching and I purchased a new one for $418.00 delivered, FedEx is delivering it today. I am guessing it is Delco-Remy clone made in India or China.
It seems the Chinese have figured out how to copy every old and modern starter and alternator from the last 30 years. Right down to the castings minus the manufacturers mark not being cast into it. Some of these parts are so low volume I don't know why they do it. I have had a bunch of these alternators fail for some reason or another. Done some starters too, not sure what to think.
I think it's more a case of the american manufacturers outsourcing them to China. Might even have sent the prints over there to begin with. Chinese vendor is smart, has same internet that we all have, starts selling them out the back door directly.
Inside hint. . . Dbelectrical, or rarelectrical both sell retail, from the same warehouse we, (rebuilders) order wholesale. Bout same price too . . . . Use the number off the old starter and it will be right. Sure it's Chinese, unless they have an OE option,
I purchased the starter from Rareelectrical. They sent me the wrong one. The description and the application chart on their website indicated it was the correct one for my tractor. They have not responded to my request to return it yet. I did use the model number that is on the metal tag of the OEM starter.
Number?
That really sucks when despite checking to make sure it's right they send the wrong starter! I'm getting a new Kubota ignition switch. It's a little more $$ so I hope it's better quality than aftermarket but hard to say since it's made in Taiwan. Maybe even from the same factory?? There's probably a dozen aftermarket brands for the switch. I think it's a crap shoot if any are better than the others. I'm buying locally so it's easy to take back if it doesn't work right. I don't know how much hassle it would be to return if I ordered one off Amazon.
Delco Remy 1113399. The starter that was sent to me doesn't have an SAE #3 flange. It has a 12 tooth bendix drive. The OEM has a 10 tooth drive. The Rareelectrical listing is an exact replica of the DR 1113399. That is not what they sent.
Hopefully it's easy to correct. I've seen wrong parts in the right box before as well as mis-labeled boxes and parts.
Installed a water softener yesterday that had wrong parts in the correctly labeled box. Ordered one with analog meter, showed up with digital meter. Digital meter not compatible with the analog valve body that I ordered, and properly came. Waiting to hear from supplier on getting this swapped out.
It happens. I had an HPU that was going through pumps every month and the company I was working for kept ordering pumps and I was so sick of cleaning up hydraulic fluid spills every time the pump blew up, I decided to actually do some work to correct the issue. After taking apart a couple of the pumps, I discovered that whomever was assembling them, they were putting the low pressure input seals on the HP side and it was overheating the pump. I cobbled together a good pump and they wanted me to put a new pump on. I tried to get the attention of the engineers and explain the issue but alas, they wanted a new pump put on but in the meantime, they had ordered a steel bodied pump instead of the aluminum ones that kept blowing up. I declined and put the rebuilt one on. I got in a little trouble for it but that pump ran until we updated the unit 5 years later. No thanks of course, the upper management just hated to be wrong. I was glad to be rid of the place.