Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Parts were stolen off of my Vermeer RT700 trencher! Anyone know where I could find used??

maquinariawiebe ยท 2018-05-03 11:44

A while back someone stole the joystick ( p/n 257538001 ) and a control module ( p/n 255215001 ) off of my Vermeer RT700 trencher. I sell equipment so I had the machine in our lineup. One day we had a customer for it, and we went to start her up. Low and behold someone had stripped these parts off the machine! Anyway, I qouted new and Vermeer is wanting about $3,500 for all the parts. Given that these are electronic parts, I highly doubt I will find used. Also I do not know of many dealers that sell USED Vermeer parts either. Does anyone have an idea where I can look or who I can ask?

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2018-05-03 13:56

    Since you have the numbers handy, plug them into machinerytrader's parts search.

  2. #2maquinariawiebe2018-05-03 14:01

    I have already tried that. That was the second place I looked

  3. #3tool_king2018-05-13 21:47

    You could try H&R Equipment .They are equipment salvage .They part out machines 1 877-453-0094 .With four location in the US.

  4. #4bunkclimber2018-05-15 08:14

    you say 'one day we had a customer for it'- who came and looked at the machine..there's a lead..someone stole parts off your machine (1) had to know that you had the machine or (2) totally random person came to you and stole them? seems pretty farfetched that a random some one off the street just came and unbolted parts..cause they were cool looking,or they needed them? for $3500 i'd be looking into it deeper..special parts only good to someone who has a Vermeer RT700?..Hmmm. Neighborhood kids? I doubt it. FWIW Best of luck to you.