just like it says pro's and con's on the lmi systems
both are fundamentally reliable and accurate .. The only thing I dont like abot the Greer is that the A2B may short to ground effectivly over-riding the A2B system.. this cant happen on a PAT because the ECM is looking for a resistance value ..anything other and the system shuts down All in all ..both are pretty good units ..
In my opinion,neither are really any good.....Old technology that is incompatible with newer tech......We just purchased a cranesmart system, and we love it!!!!
Yeah ..If you dont mind changing batteries .. My kids toys run on batteries ..my crane dosent ..No offense their Blaszer ..The Pats and Greer's have always been ready to roll when I am ..And once a guy gets onto the interface and knows the codes it really user friendly .. The LSI and Cranesmart system's basicly offer the operator the advantage of being the computer ..which somedays is better than the computer..
I'll admit, I was skeptical too.But, I'm happy with the purchase...I have a Maestro that the calibration was off on........I had to send the complete head unit and load cells away for 2 weeks just to be zero-d....We had a greer that we replaced because it would have cost more to fix it than to go to a competitor....Actually,We replaced the PAT for the same reason...
I believe you about the parts ..Pat and Greer are quite spendy .. Pat DS50 ..user interface console was more than $4000.. Its a box about 8inch square with a two PCB's and a couple of leds and touch pads ..and a small LCD display ..It was terrible .... But you play -you pay .. Warrenty for a Mainboard and harness in a PAT DS350 system paid over $6 G's But the new stuff over the past few years ..the crane is engineered around it ..especially the European stuff ..Its getting to the point that it's OEM or it aint gonna happen .. Liebherr has been doing that since the early 90's ..but alot of the other manufacturer's are playing along ..
I'v thought about installing the "cranesmart" system on the grove.It looks pretty cool. www.cranesmart.com Right now I would be happy with a load cell so at least I would have a good idea of whats on the hook.Some times the truck driver will have a scale ticket that I can look at ,allot of the time it's just verble over the phone."we think it wieghs around 30,000 lbs".Then I get out & eyeball the load on the truck,Look back at my dad and say ," looks more like 35,000,Keep an eye on the outriggers".Dad makes a pretty good lmi system,although some of our customers get a laugh at us yelling back & forth.I holler" how are we!",dad yells back "your good,your good to go!"Dad is a talking lmi system with built in attitude.I would still like to try the cranesmart system.
Dad is a talking lmi system with built in attitude. LOL ...your on to something 25C... I would love to have an LMI that flipped the bird outta the top glass when she hit the red line
Thats how it is at most crane job sites we work liebherr1160.I'm not joking abit.Dad and I set up the crane then we discuss all the hazards on the site,make a plan,drink coffee waiting on the load to show up.Then when the truck driver gets to the job,My lmi unit "Dad" proceeds to tell the truck driver how to back in to the site.We have allot of fun,but all joke's aside,It's a good idea to have a "spotter" on the site.Somone that can yell at you when they see somthing wrong.
OILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! any lattice conventional rig or any hydraulic over 60 tons gets one........A second set of eyes is priceless!!!!!!
provided they are Union.. I worked for one company that was Union then went non union.... their 35t were the same size as the 50t.... One foreman said it was so the didn't have to have an oiler.... I think he said they were"derated" "rerated" something, just can't remember what he called it
De-rated ..On the short side ..pull a few head sheaves out to limit the maximum line pull to 35t ..you have a 35T unit .. Gets done even in Union gig's .. the reason ..the people who' give it the final say often are nothing more than a meek shirt and tie ,who's never lifted a finger only to hit the button on the staff room water cooler...Or hit the remote start on the BMW in the reserved parking spot ..so they can be closer to a office to judge a job they know nothing about ..