Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pattern change help!

gunznut273 ยท 2023-05-18 09:42

I recently purchased a mini excavator 30NX and am just learning about it. I have a couple questions that I can't find anywhere else. #1 - My serial number is WE001105. Can you advise me of the production year (or how to read it)? #2 - Is there a pattern change switch on that year / model that I can access to change? Its location? Or is it a hose change for pattern change? My left "stick" is in the swing pattern when pushed forward, which really makes it difficult for me to operate. I am looking for the ISO pattern where its left side / right side swing and boom out and in on the forward and back. If there is ANYONE on this site that can help me out I would greatly appreciate it! Kevin

Replies8
  1. #1uffex2023-05-18 12:42

    Good day Kevin Not sure which make we are talking? Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Acoals2023-05-18 13:46

    Google tells me that IHI called one of their mini's "30NX". Google also tells me that the pattern changer is somewhere in the left side of the machine, behind either a outside door or under a cover plate on the floor or in the column under the lockout lever. Google might even be right . . .

  3. #3uffex2023-05-18 15:09

    Good day Missing from Google but in the parts book "C" . Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4gunznut2732023-05-18 19:28

    Sorry fellas... Yes, it's an IHI 30NX. And after checking around a bit, I believe it is a 1999 or 2000. I will do a little deeper dive on the machine itself and take a couple photos. Google does not like that machine and directs me to a parts manual. There are not even any videos showing how to change pattern on that particular machine. Thanks for the insights that you have so far.

  5. #5Acoals2023-05-18 19:32

    Change a IHI Excavator Control Scheme | Durante Rentals IHI's quick-changing operating pattern selector (A to F Quick change valve) allows you to change a IHI excavator control scheme with the flip of a switch. duranterentals.com

  6. #6gunznut2732023-05-18 19:42

    I saw that one Acoals... but it is on a 35NX. When I checked under the flip panel, there is only a control valve with no changing switch in view. I think I am going to just take off the furniture on the left side of the machine to get a better look around in there. I am actually pretty good at research and/or finding videos, but I was hoping someone had this exact machine and could just say its "right here" and then "do this". I am an old farm kid that my wheelhouse is more combines and catapillars.

  7. #7Acoals2023-05-18 19:58

    It might not be there, some of the older stuff didn't have it.

  8. #8uffex2023-05-19 04:02

    Good day Follow the lines from the remote control valve. Kind regards Uffex