Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

pattern changing on older Komatsu PC 300-7

chicken farmer1 ยท 2025-11-26 20:12

I just purchased a PC300-7 excavator that is set on Cat controls , I want to switch it to John Deere controls . There is a stack of quick coupler pilot control lines right behind the cab . Does anyone a basic diagram on which 4 hoses need changed? Some of mine are marked with colored zip ties but I don't know which ones are which and I would rather not try running it and experimenting just to find out which is which. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1Shimmy12025-11-26 23:21

    Track your lines from the boom and stick cylinders to the main valve, then the pilot lines from there to the bank. Probably easier said than done. Or, call your local Komatsu dealer. They should be able to tell you which lines to swap around.

  2. #2funwithfuel2025-11-27 20:41

    I would strongly suggest not touching those quick connects. They are anything but quick. The seals are not serviceable and always get knicked upon disassembly. I would follow the lines back toward the back of the cab in hopes that there is a hidden pattern change valve. Best of luck.

  3. #3Bill P. Adam2025-11-27 20:53

    You talk about ISO and SAE pattern ?

  4. #4Bill P. Adam2025-11-27 20:55

    If yes , you're supposed to have a valve under a door unduer the floor mat or behind the cab near the air box

  5. #5nikthewho2025-11-28 00:18

    It requires you to remove a bolt in the valve that holds the pattern changevalve in a stationary position. Then move the pattern change lever in the opposite direction and reinstall the bolt. Image: An example of a pattern-changing valve on a compact excavator. The manual lever is held to place between a roll pin and a removable screw. The screw must be removed in order for the pattern-changing valve lever to be shifted to the other position. You can mark the hoses to aid reassembly after the repair.