I thought there had been an accident on the other carriageway If the wind had been in the other direction I think there could easily have been one
is that the M 25 expansion?
paving in the rain sucks ,its like being a steamed lobster
They don't let us pave in the rain here, but I guess if you didn't get to over there, you might still be on gravel roads.
: :drinkup
Doesn't look like any fun for anyone. :Banghead I'm curious what you were having to do in the foul weather, Rob, if you were there to witness the paving crew's suffering? Looks like more than a passing shower....
Nice pics Waiting for moe
British weather No Buddy, this is the M27 on the south coast. Adding an extra lane each side between 2 junctions. Eastbound is fed by the M271 coming out of Southampton docks onto an uphill grade 4 lanes into 3, as a result :Banghead and Westbound has the southbound M3 joining and again a 4 into 3 plus a services area slap bang between the 2 junctions. very true. I dont believe that they will start in heavy rain but from memory this came in fairly quick towards the end part of the day and that might have been the last load. :thumbsup It was a few weeks ago now and I was probably trimming stone for the concrete channel ( well supposed to be ) Management down like rain offs on lane rental jobs and many a day the lads get soaked. If its very heavy they get cabined up for a while till it eases but often as not they are out in it.
Looks like perfect weather ..... for a duck!:drinkup
:Banghead must be slipping, I didnt see that one coming
With the help of a cold wind out of the north, it would be time to grab the ithaca, the lab, and head to the swamp :drinkup
When I was there a few weeks ago going to Yorkshire we avoided the M1 like it was the plague because of all the roadworks and delays. I wanted to go that way. got to see some of the construction for the olympics and around london which was cool.
You cant be from there originally else you would have called it Gods country. Yorkshire men call it that because they love it and refered to by the same name by southerners because he is welcome to it My parents are on the Wolds, I'm an ignorant southerner but have very fond memories of my time in Yorkshire in my late teens, the further north you go the friendlier the natives are. :drinkup
paving NO rain Just to dispell the myth that it always rains in England heres some laying of blacktop in the dry. Note one set of wheels up on the step on an already sloping road This is the picture that was nearly in a totally different thread. I was convinced the truck was going over it is on a grade forward and sideways and a couple of tons had stuck in the top on the nearside with a set of wheels on the step. By the time I had the camera out he had dropped the body and repositioned.
photoshopped come rob all you have done is photoshopped the rain out snow this weekend now i think :beatsme then back to rain :Banghead have readypower still got machines on that job cheers graham
You cheerful ****** No thier C@t duck went soon after I arrived, I think it was on for either Dragtone on drainage or the subbie doing the gabion baskets.
Up on the dales it is beautiful, I was in Bradford which use to be beautiful but now is a dirty city. downgraded every trip back. My grandfather is still there that is the reason I went there. WE lucked out only 1 day of rain in three weeks. spent 2 weeks around london
If you think that the work there for the olympics is bad, wait till you see what is happenin here for 2010 FIFA world cup! Especially in Pretoria and Johannesburg. I am up here right now, and everywhere you go, there are just dump trucks: 10m3, 15m3 you name it. then every few kilometers if not hundred meters, there are graders, TLBs, excavators, cranes, rollers, pavers, milling machines, concrete mixer lorries, lowbeds, bulldozers, everything imaginable, except scrapers. Traffic is a nightmare!
But not one decent photo :Banghead consider youself repremanded
I feel so ashamed!! I will post some pics of some of the ongoing projects, but I just couldn't find where the paving equipment slept at the weekends, so I had no chance of getting some paving equipment, but I got lots of trucks and excavations.
On a similar note, I tried to really get as much equipment as possible, but I might be going back up soon, so I will try harder! A lot of the stuff is in relation to the Gautrain project, a massive public train transport system to link the airports and several major routes,as well as carriage way widening, bridgebuilding, tunneling, and stadiums, on top of which Gauteng is expanding extremely quickly. I think I will star a new thread...
On those dry paving pictures, the milling and cleanup looks perfect.