Figured you guys could really apprieciate these!
few more
Pic of Tony Stewart Checking out the paver
thats really cool...i couldn't believe how steep that was until i was there. So how exactly is the paver held in place? a cable to the D8?
HOLY CRAP THAT IS SOOOO COOL!!!!:thumbsup :thumbsup , Thanks a buch for the pics:notworthy
Wow I never would have guessed thanks for the pics.:thumbsup :thumbsup
Thats got to be expensive job Those guys running the paving equipment must have a bad case of but crack burn :roll
That is sooo cool... Thanks for posting those!
Thats Great...... Would be a sight to see in person.
I have a ton more pics but have to resize them. Some really cool pics of the graders on the high banks. Yes nothing would ride in the corners with out a cable to the dozers. I cant imagine how happy they were get get on flat ground.
What, you mean those pavers won't do 195mph in the corners...damn restrictor plates. Maybe they need to petition Nascar to let them run less rear spoiler...:bouncegri Joe
That is just sick. I wish I had that gig. They had to pay out some $$$$$$$$$$ to get that repaved.:yup
couple of questions? 1. Did you use a cable on the corners also? 2. Do the glass beads make the track slipery? Please post some more.
what kind of time are we looking at to do something like that with the crew assigned?
That Is So Cool And Yes I Am Yelling
A truely amazing process. I tried to get to Vegas for their resurfacing job, but couldn't make it. Awesome pics.
one of he coolest projects i have ever seen pics of...wow
Thats awsome, never really thought about how they do that.. :cool2
Those are some nice pics, Looks expensive
they did bristol next to my house a few years ago, now that is one steep track !
The pic showing what I think is referred to as Tony Stewart checking out the paver has another guy in the pic with the reflective vest on. I'm pretty sure that is Danny J, a friend of mine from years back. If it is in fact Danny, he is responsible for the ingenuity of that process. Some years back the company he works for was contracted to pave Daytona Speedway. That was the start of the anchored equipment to enable the pavers to pave continuosly in the direction of the travel on the slopes. Well, it was the first process that was developed that worked correctly.
This is bad @$$!!! But it looked to me that they sould have put two rounds of wedge in that roller it looked a little loose in the corner. LOL!!!