Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

paving without any equipment

BradyHill1 ยท 2011-03-24 21:46

we paved this driveway apron today by hand. we only had shovels, borrowed a rake, and had a single drum roller....I think it came out ok though.....we're not professionals and don't claim to be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m56IH5NBYnc

Replies6
  1. #1dscont2011-04-26 11:47

    ok i guess hard to tell

  2. #2jazzyjeffer2011-04-26 13:39

    Was that base its hard to tell. How small of a roller did you use?(weight wise)

  3. #3Brettski2011-04-29 16:30

    Pretty good joint...looks like hl8 ....hard to see the mix up close

  4. #4louisejane2012-08-07 02:16

    How you made it through? I just can't figure it out.

  5. #5jughead2012-08-14 06:25

    no matter how it is done no paving job is any better than the base under it. we paved my parking lot which is 75 ft square with cold pack 25 years ago and in the last 3 years a few cracks have begun to show. had a pro do the 200 ft driveway 12 years ago and it is already cracking. we did the parking lot with a pick-up truck, rakes, shovel and small hand roller

  6. #6louisejane2012-08-14 19:58

    Thanks for your kind response. I now understand.