Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC-150-5 Slew bearing mechanics

John Sarappa ยท 2021-02-27 10:47

Good morning I have a PC 150 Dash five excavator needs a new slew bearing/turntable gear.Are there any mobile mechanics or shops in the South Jersey area that are willing to give me a price on the labor to do this job I have the part. thanks

Replies3
  1. #1John C.2021-02-28 12:08

    It depends on the lifting equipment and the quality of the people. I've done them by myself in about a day and a half with a big forklift and a helper part time. Probably figure 16 to 20 hours with the right people and no problems with the carbody or the bottom of the house. All that goes out the window if any machine work needs to be done.

  2. #2uffex2021-03-01 04:12

    Good day John The attached may help. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3John Sarappa2021-03-01 06:19

    Thanks,we have been thinking about doing it ourselves,as it seems straightforward, but would rather have someone who has done it before do it. We are swamped with excavation work.