Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC 200-7 LC

southernman13 ยท 2017-08-04 21:13

Just checking how it stacks up to a cat 320CL. Got one to look at the next few days. Has new UC new bud pump. Rebuilt valve bank and many more updates all done at Komatsu dealer. New AC basically rebuil unit. Has 7500 ish hrs. Not sure if it's Komatsu or Cummins engine. Assuming it's been properly maintained what's the expected engine life. That's about the only thing not done and says it's still good to go. Basically any thing to look for or things on this model that wasn't great. Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1John C.2017-08-04 22:43

    What is the model year or the serial number of the unit? I was OK until you got to the rebuilt valve bank. In my experience what that really means is that there was a problem, most likely the compensators, that they replaced parts on until it was repaired and then they called it rebuilt. I wouldn't touch the thing unless they warrant the hydraulic system for at least a thousand hours. What is a bud pump? The Cummins engine has multiple valve covers while the Komatsu engine has a single one. Think carefully!

  2. #2southernman132017-08-05 04:52

    Rebuilt hyd pump it should have read. Damn spell check. Hehe. It had som sort of issue not sure what. He had them re-seal the valve bank.

  3. #3John C.2017-08-05 12:02

    Kind of sounds like a problem child to me.

  4. #4southernman132017-08-05 14:00

    Could have been. I know he had issues and went through it. I'll approach it very carefully when t at all. Thanks

  5. #5Shimmy12017-08-05 15:12

    Except for a 200HD-8, every Komatsu I've ever ran needed another 20% in the counterweight, including a 300-8 that only had a 3-tine ripper on it. Sounds to me like they are really trying to sell all the work done on it. The price should tell you how big of a lemon it might be. Under $50,000, I'd run like hell. Somebody paid for all that work. If it was the owner, he gave it away to get rid of it.

  6. #6southernman132017-08-06 07:39

    He's asking 60. Had 70k I. Repairs and only 200 since. He purchased a new one

  7. #7bam19682017-08-06 12:27

    I will put my $.02 in. I have a PC200 LC-7 that has @ 9000 hrs on it and has been a virtually trouble free machine. I will agree with shimmy about needing a little more counterweight but I guess you just get used to it after awhile. FWIW mine has the cummins motor in it and is starting to burn a little oil ( 1 gal in @ 150 hrs). Which I consider to be pretty minimal.

  8. #8southernman132017-08-06 13:24

    Tenfo. Thanks for the info. I may be close to where this one is tomorrow if so I'll at least look at it and see what I can find out about to.