Currently looking into purchasing an excavator in the 20ton range. I've found a 2001 pc 200 lc-6 that fits the price range and appears to be in decent condition (in the pictures, haven't physically gone to look at the machine yet). It has a hyd thumb and manual q/a, both options that i'm looking for. Just wondering what the general opinions are on these machines and what the common issues are with them. Anything in particular I should check when looking over the machine other than the regular excavator wear points? Thanks
I have some videos that show you a few things. First is how to access info on the monitor panel. The second is what the controls do. And the third is the maintenance that is specified by the factory. Good Luck!
We had several years ago, we run every one up to 12,000hrs before they were sold off. Only one of them was a problem child, and it started when the nut came loose on the crowd cylinder. Other than the normal hoses and cylinder reseals, they were great. I don't ever remember going into any of those engines or pumps, not like the newer common rail engines.
They are a great machine. Should serve you well for many many hours. Can't think of any where in particular to look.