Oh boy have I been having my fill of hydraulic fun for past two weeks. And now this girl. had trouble with floating contamination early in the year never found source. Changed damaged reliefs and filters when dust settled there idea not to dig deeper. Now I went digging. Complaint was week boom raise. Scored main reliefs like last time. I polished tapered plungers and started setting pressures inner pump pressure came up them dropped off. I stopped pulled filters and got cast pieces in return filter about the size of a pen tip. Broken cast iron uniform size don't appear to be smashed or ground. Betweeen 50 and 100 of them. Tank had few pieces of sharp steel small don't seem related maybe from cylinder earlier in year.
So I removed hydraulic pump faces of barrel and port plate a scored pretty good but no sign of the source of this cast iron pieces. So i disassembled swing motor because we had issues rotating. Swing looks nice. Pulled main control spools no sign of this metal going though valve body. Pull top cover off rotary manifold no sign. Pull head off left drive motor and pulled lines off right drive motor no signs. Nothing I pulled apart seems to have these shaped parts that thsee pieces can come from? Pieces don't seem to have a radius like from a cylinder piston motor / pump or valve? I'm trying to upload pics but keep getting logged off. Not very tech savy.
Is there inline filter on the outlet of the main pump?
Hey hydraumind yes it has a pair one for each section of pump but both where previously compromised. Ended up being stick cylinder piston seals be broken was get nervous system was almost completely disassembled lol. I'm going to get a pic resizer downloaded and share some of these pics cylinder always drifted but I forgot Komatsu runs the metal seal rings. They are actually cast iron hard to believe. What an experience.... hopefully we can get it all cleaned out and back to normal machine has been thorn in my side all summer.
good detective work!