Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

pc 60 and/or PC 78us boom base and pin size..same as a 75uu-1 ?

CLAYCO ยท 2019-06-27 05:17

Was wondering if anyone out there knows if one could can swap out the z boom on a 75uu1, and replace with a straight boom from a stateside version machine. searching for actual literature/spec stuff seems like a goose chase, (part of the grey market challenge?) but will happily take any leads in that direction also. Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1Tags2019-06-27 20:24

    You may want to check this thread out.... HeavyEquipmentForums He did a real nice job with it and seems quite knowledgeable about it.

  2. #2CLAYCO2019-06-27 20:46

    Thanks for that Tags. The search results had some good stuff but not this... Now i'm on the trail..

  3. #3Batkom2019-07-03 22:25

    Clayco Measure up the base width of your 75-1 boom and let me know what it is. I am the one that recently did this conversion on a 75uu-2. The pc78 is to narrow and the pc60 would be also to narrow for my PC 75uu-2. I used a PC 90, and I believe PC 80 may also be the correct width. On mine, the pin size and width of the base pin area were a perfect match to the PC90 I did have to bush the boom hydraulic cylinder pin, the booms hole was a larger size than the hydraulic cylinders pin hole. The pin for the stick to boom were the same, and the same width. However if you look up my post you will see one fairly major issue you may run across with the stick cylinder. If you have access to a machine shop and a good welder, not really a problem though.

  4. #4CLAYCO2019-07-04 06:36

    Thanks Batkom- I have been meaning to get in touch. Great work on your machine. I will go re-measure today but IIRC 17 inches across is what the boom itself measures. (pin approx 24" x 2.25" i believe) again I will go double check.. QUICK BACKSTORY The guy (retiring friend) I bought the machine off of, put an old ford extendahoe dipstick on it. Everything works great and i love the idea of the extra reach, but..... the quick attach he made AND the the boom to ford stick pin (bushings too) are now terribly worn and sloppy. ( i cant say it was a GREAT deal, but it wasn't too painful ($7k-fires up instantly and sounds good, no leaks engine or hydros, fresh rubber and both final drives replaced within the past few years). My intentions are to find an entire set up, boom, stick, cylinders, links, and bucket, from a donor. (i guess i wont run into pin rub issue?..(( but will run into a starving wallet possibly!!)) (from the first yard (allegan MI) i heard back from... We will have a boom for $1500, stick for $1250, stick cylinder for $850, bucket cylinder for $650, inner bucket links $125ea and the outer bucket links $75ea. All needs to be pulled and inspected.) Any feedback on these prices? 4650 w/no bucket.... May i ask... How did you source your boom? At this point i am gathering info to see if its only a pipe dream or if it can be done w/o dumping a mint into a fudge bucket!! Thanks for the reply. "some people rescue pets..."

  5. #5Batkom2019-07-04 15:25

    Looks like a good plan! The boom foot width is 17.7 on the pc75uu2 and pc90. The pin diameter is 60 mm or 2.36 inches. I sourced mine from the same outfit, the price was the same you are being quoted. There was one closer to me in Oregon but they wanted a bit more for it, and it had been in a fire, so was not real appealing. The boom foot width on a pc78-6 is 15.75 - not sure on the pin size. If the pin is the same you could make spacers to take up the extra width. Unless you own machine tools - lathe and mill, it will definitely be cheaper and less work to buy the whole setup as you are thinking of doing. If you have any other questions let me know- I will try and help! I like you pet rescue statement- I feel like I do the same sometimes with machine tools.

  6. #6CLAYCO2019-07-05 05:50

    Awesome info! I got 17 5/8" ( with a 100 ' fiberglass tape!! not super accurate but sounds like about 17.7") will bring caliper for pin size later today. sounding good so far.... much appreciated Batkom