Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC120 pattern selector location?

Canadian_digger ยท 2008-06-10 21:37

Hello We just bought a used 2007 Komatsu PC120 and I do not know if it has pattern selector. We are supposed to get it tomorrow or the day after. I was wondering if anyone would know were the pattern selector would be if it has one? switch in the cab? or valve somewhere on the outside? Thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1dumptrucker2008-06-10 23:55

    not sure but i think that komatsu has hoses that are color coded and have quick couplers on them. They are coded one way for deere and coded another for cat controls.

  2. #2bordercollie2008-06-11 21:09

    pilot hoses are gonna be color coded, and will have quick couplers on them, make sure you change them on the CAB side. the pilot hoses run to a tree with pressure switches in it. change then here on the side where the hoses run into the cab. It may have the quick change option installed, follow the pilot hoses from the main control valve and see if you come to a rotary valve with a handle on it that has a lock bolt thruogh the handle, remove lock bolt and turn, re-install lock bolt. the tree and or rotary valve are usually located behind the cab somewhere.

  3. #3Canadian_digger2008-06-12 21:13

    Alright got the machine today! Machine is on Cat control and I would like it Deere. I found the tree behind the cab with the color coded quick connects. I thought I figured out what needed to be changed but I did not work the way I wanted. Does anyone know what colors have to be changed to go from Cat to Deere. And the quick connects what a pain in the *** I cant figured them out they are almost impossible to get off! I get them once and a while but I must be missing something. There has to be an easy way to get them off. Any help would be great.

  4. #4John C.2008-06-12 22:22

    In order to get the quick coupler to release you have to drain all the pressure off the system. Start the machine and move the lock out to on and make sure the implements are resting on the ground where they will not move. Shut the engine down and then turn the key back to on as soon as the engine is dead. Remove the hydraulic tank cap slowly letting any air pressure out of the tank. Then cycle the control handles so that all the residual pressure is off the pilot system. Now when you try to release the couplers you have to push in real hard, then turn the plastic knob to the right. Now you can pull back on the hose and it should come loose. I have attached a file that I hope might help you. It shows the pilot arrangement for a Dash 6 Komatsu. Let me know if it works. If not I'll try to put it into a different kind of file.

  5. #5John C.2008-06-12 23:15

    Here is a jpg image that might turn out better.