Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC160 blown bucket cylinder hose

josephny · 2018-09-01 15:46

I just sprung a leak in the hose that attaches to the top of the bucket cylinder. I removed it and went to cap the pipe coming down the boom using a cap from my handi-dandi assortment of Komatsu JIS 30* 1.5 pitch fittings and the thread is wrong. (The other side of the hose attaches to the bucket cylinder with a 2-piece bolt down flange type connection.) I had purchased the assortment kits of Komatsu fittings for just this type of situation. Can anyone help ID what type of thread is on my hose and where I can get a new one? Thank you!

Replies24
  1. #1josephny2018-09-01 16:11

    Here's pics.

  2. #2josephny2018-09-01 16:12

    And more pics

  3. #3josephny2018-09-01 16:12

    And 1 more

  4. #4Ronsii2018-09-01 17:38

    https://www.surpluscenter.com/images/techhelp/ORFS.pdf You're also going to need to know what kind of hose that is..press. ratings,size... I'd start with a local napa auto parts or similar and if they can't make that up for you they will certainly refer you to who can. Have you looked up the local komatsu dealer? or any other heavy equipment dealer most of them will make hoses up for just about anything... Looks like you'll be needing a few more before long anyways....

  5. #5heymccall2018-09-01 17:55

    Code 61 by din S...me thinks.

  6. #6Junkyard2018-09-01 17:56

    That looks more like regular flat face o-ring to me as apposed to Komatsu’s own version of JIC. Have you tried a regular flat face cap/plug?

  7. #7funwithfuel2018-09-01 17:58

    Komatsu is a bit Weird . Not quite code 61 or 62. But code 62 will do you in a pinch. The threaded end is plane old ORFS or ORS meaning o-ring face seal . Good luck.

  8. #8josephny2018-09-02 06:52

    Thank you all so much! I believe I just began my education in hydraulic fittings. My initial searching led me to believe that Komatsu's all had their 30-degree metric fittings, but it sounds like that is not always the case. I'm hoping that, because of that, my local NAPA can make this up. I'd be happy to order online, but that would mean I would need to be certain of all the specs -- and I'm not certain (nor do I have more than a clue) of anything.

  9. #9funwithfuel2018-09-02 07:33

    https://www.crossco.com/crosshose/how-identify-flange-fittings This may help http://www.parker.com/literature/Ho...g 4400 PDF Files/2015_Catalog_4400_Linked.pdf CAUTION, This is a PDF of the parker catalog, it's a big download, gonna take a bit. More info than you would ever want or need. If it's not in here, odds are it's German metric hand made one off obsolete poop

  10. #10josephny2018-09-02 08:33

    Wow, sure does! F: 1.5" C: .267 R: 1.25" L: .56 Looks like it is a code 61 12PQ1 Wish I had various hydraulic fittings to see which one fits the threaded side, but I don't. Do I understand correctly that ORS and ORFS are the same thing, with one side having the oring that mates to the other side? Thank you!

  11. #11Wilson8922018-09-02 08:33

    Do you have a Parker store close. They usually have any and all fittings in stock and the proper hose too. John

  12. #12funwithfuel2018-09-02 08:50

    yes ORS & ORFS are the same animal. Some say potato some say potato. lol I would slide that coil up the hose so that you can read the jacket. Imprinted on the hose will be the pressure rating. This is terribly important. Measurements must be absolutely correct. A code 61 -16 is almost the same as a code 62 -12. The thickness of the flange where the flange halves grab it , is what tells the tale.

  13. #13josephny2018-09-02 09:16

    Got it on ORS/ORFS -- thanks. On the threaded side end, the fitting reads: 9120508 No imprint on the code 61/62 side. When you say the thickness of where the flange grabs it, do you C in this image:

  14. #14funwithfuel2018-09-02 09:17

    yes "C" & "F" are the definitive identifiers And notice that all code 62 are 6000psi whereas code 61 is all over the place.

  15. #15josephny2018-09-02 09:20

    I believe I measured carefully and C is .267" and F is 1.5" But now I'm worried about the pressure rating.

  16. #16funwithfuel2018-09-02 09:36

    based on dimensions you provided it looks like -12 Komatsu low pressure . Please take a few and compare against your hose. This the part where I said Komatsu were kinda there own animal.

  17. #17Tinkerer2018-09-02 10:58

    I am surprised you don't have more leaks from the looks of the tension on these hoses. You might want to get a couple of longer ones for spares. I think you will be needing them.

  18. #18josephny2018-09-02 11:05

    If they are one of those Komatsu fittings, does that make them difficult to find? Think NAPA will have them?

  19. #19josephny2018-09-02 11:05

    I've been worried about that. I was hoping there is some sort of extension fitting I can just put in-line to give it a few more inches.

  20. #20funwithfuel2018-09-02 11:15

    The money you would spend on extension for the existing hoses would be better spent on a hose or 2 as Tink suggested. I wouldn't bet that Napa would have them . I would look for a Parker store or Eaton or Gates hydraulic hose store. You do have a Pirtek in Newark and south Brunswick NJ if that helps. BTW, have you thought to contact your dealer. They just might surprise you with a reasonable price, maybe?

  21. #21mikebramel2018-09-02 11:51

    Napa usually sells Gates

  22. #22funwithfuel2018-09-02 11:52

    Well, let's hope

  23. #23Junkyard2018-09-02 11:56

    Based on my experience it will depend on the Napa store. The one in town here has a really good selection. I could take that hose in and he could make it. Certainly not true for all of them. The dealers are usually pretty fair on hoses.....if for no other reason than the hose and fittings aren’t Komatsu or anything proprietary.

  24. #24Ronsii2018-09-02 12:03

    Yeah, there are different kinds of napa stores... some of the independents carry all kinds of stuff and others don't have much of anything. The main reason I suggested them was to give you a starting point and *maybe* they'd have what you needed and I know there are a lot of napa's around not sure about the other guys in your neck of the woods....