Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pc200-8

southernman13 · 2021-08-04 20:37

Will these machines run a mowing or mucking head? Ours is plumed for a hammer or whatever I reckon and it has a hydraulic thumb. Not sure what the pressure and flow rate is on the auxiliary hydraulics. We were thinking of adding a cutter head to it if it makes sense. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1funwithfuel2021-08-04 21:48

    The flow requirements are gonna dictate whether or not the machine is up to task. Are you planning on traveling while using the implement or moving up to your work area and then sweeping side to side. I think your looking at tandem pumps @ 55-60 gpm. Your motor would have to be less than this. Since most kits return directly to tank, an additional filter might be a good idea when adding a motor, in case it grenades. Case drain is another consideration. Does your implement require a separate case drain.

  2. #2John C.2021-08-04 22:21

    I believe you will have to figure out if you auxiliary valve that is running the thumb and hammer is a one pump valve or a two pump valve. I believe you can also add another valve block that can be two pump flow. After all that, then you will need to follow FWF's advice and spec out the mulcher.

  3. #3southernman132021-08-05 01:27

    Tenfo. We have an extra drum mulcher for a skid steer that’s high flow. It requires about 35-40 gal per min and 3-4kpsi I believe. Thought about adapting it to the pc200 of feasible. We could drive then mulch I’m sure. Just a thought. Though I’d research a little before we went any further. Usually when I start thinking it cost time and money lol. Thanks guys

  4. #4southernman132021-08-05 06:27

    And yes this head we’re talking about has a case drain.