Hi to all of my fellow heavy machinery experts and aficionados I'm on a quest to find a Valve Assembly with the part number 723-47-29100 for a Komatsu PC200 LC-8MO. Mine was damage by machine burr (attached images of the damage). I've been searching on boneyards for a used one cause a new one cost over 33K after taxes . 1) They told me that by changing the correct spool might be enough to bring my baby back to life. However, the valve assembly is already scratched and the spool might not fit properly with the solenoid block. Am I wrong? 2)Any salvage yard that you might know of that could have it? Preferably on the south. I've already done a complete cleaning of the hydraulic system as well as the hydraulic pump to prevent it from damaging the new one.
I don't think a spool is gonna help either. Those bore scratches are deep. I don't know if they dabble in Komatsu, but there is midwest industrial sales in Gardner il . If they don't, perhaps they could lead you in the right direction. Good luck.
The only hope I can see for a used valve is still going to be very expensive. You could try Martin Kaldahl at Modern Machinery used parts in Missoula, Mt. [email protected] That model of machine is still relatively new so most scrapped machines will have been burned. You might also check people like CoPart and Insurance Auto Auctions. They liquidate wrecked cars and anything else for insurance companies that have paid total loss claims. They used to publish lists of items being auctioned off.
What? So let me know if I understand this correctly. They literally burn the "newer" models? To get the salvage value from the insurance companies? It's a shame that now, the trend is always buying a new one instead of fixing the old things (garments, appliances, etc.)
What he's saying is most salvage will have been fire jobs vs repairable accident damage or component failure. I dont think they'd even scrap a flood machine unless it was 100% compromised.