Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC300-6 short / wiring issue on A/C panel / heater fuse.

Atokatim ยท 2024-10-25 17:20

Good evening all! Got a Komatsu PC300-6 that I am attempting to fix the A/C blower motor on and the fuse labeled "Radio, cigar lighter, A/C panel, Heater, Window Washer, Knob Switch, auto lubrication" blows immediately on insertion. To find the problem, I disconnected the batteries then connected my meter to ground and to the load side of the fuse and set my meter to Ohms. There is a 3.1 ohm load currently in that circuit. I have disconnected everything I can find which is the radio, cigar lighter, and window washer and the load did not change. I have no idea what the A/C panel is since the panel is all mechanical except for the blower speed control which I have also disconnected. Not sure what the "knob switch" is either and my machine doesn't have Auto Lubrication that I know of. So basically, my question is what is the A/C panel, Knob Switch, and Heater listed on that circuit? I have disconnected other random plugs to see if I can eliminate the short, but nothing has changed. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Replies2
  1. #1LACHAU2024-10-26 00:31

    To be accurate, you must swap the meter's probes to measure twice because the circuit has some diode components. There may also be a shorted circuit diode. See 02 attached files for more details.

  2. #2Atokatim2024-10-26 06:21

    Where did you find the wiring diagram for the machine? Everywhere I have looked they want money for it and I'm skeptical about doing that. I do know when testing in Diode Mode, the polarity would be reversed at the probe. Unfortunately the meter I have at my house doesn't have Diode Mode. The Ohm mode reading is the same on either polarity.