Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pc300 bucket no strength

matomiguel300 ยท 2016-02-23 19:41

Hi everyone I been having this problem with my komatsu pc300 excavator making it almost useless for my field of work, we do demo. The problem is simply that the whole machine is strong and fast boom stick swing tracks but the bucket has no strength what so ever it moves opens and closes but it can't even dig a hole, can anybody point me in the right direction and help me out it would be greatly appreciated all filters are new

Replies8
  1. #1matomiguel3002016-02-23 20:29

    Nobody ?? plz help I need this machine for tomorrow

  2. #2DK882016-02-23 20:33

    I'd start by checking to see if the cylinder is bypassing

  3. #302Dmax2016-02-23 20:33

    I'd start at the control valve. Pull the circuit reliefs and check for debris.

  4. #4matomiguel3002016-02-23 20:36

    How can I check if it's bypassing because I'm kind of leaning that way l

  5. #5John C.2016-02-23 21:44

    What Dash series machine do you have? That will make a difference in what to look for. Does the bucket cylinder drift if the bucket is left in the air for a while?

  6. #6matomiguel3002016-02-24 11:49

    It's a pc300-7 I'm working on it today no it stays up drifts a tad little bit here is what I did today I loosened the house in the cilinder that opens the bucket and applied pressure to close the cilinder stops leaking meaning it has no bypass but I get oil coming in to the cilinder from that hose as I apply pressure to close how can this be I should only have oil coming in from one side only right?

  7. #7matomiguel3002016-02-24 15:05

    I'm going crazy with this problem I inverted the hoses behind the boom and the excavator digs fine with strength but when I open the bucket it's really slow and weak reverse to what it did before what could this be

  8. #8John C.2016-02-24 19:39

    As stated above, swap the circuit reliefs for the bucket in the main control valve and if it doesn't swap sides then pull the cylinder and dismantle it.