Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pc360-10 rebuild

steve waldner · 2021-01-26 21:56

New pins ,bushings,paint , undercarriage...

Replies49
  1. #1steve waldner2021-01-26 21:57

    More pics to come as I slowly work on it ,

  2. #2Aarons812021-01-26 23:24

    How many hours are on it?

  3. #3mutti_wilson2021-01-27 00:19

    Looking great. What is the extent of the rebuild?

  4. #4Shimmy12021-01-27 00:46
  5. #5mutti_wilson2021-01-27 11:35

    I missed that. On a PC the pictures were so large that I didn't see the small text. You got me!

  6. #6steve waldner2021-01-28 16:40

    10k

  7. #7steve waldner2021-01-30 15:18

    What a chore ! Plasma cutter works well .

  8. #8steve waldner2021-02-02 15:01
  9. #9Aarons812021-02-02 18:02

    Was this the grouser bolts? New rail? Your grousers didn't look bad in the pics. Your doing a very nice job shining it up, and at 10k hours and all the metal is straight... thats awesome.

  10. #10steve waldner2021-02-03 19:18

    Reusing grouser pads .

  11. #11Coaldust2021-02-03 20:39

    What a beautiful facility. Kudos to your obvious, high-level workflow organizational project ability.

  12. #12southernman132021-02-05 05:00

    Wry nice work and man what a shop!! U have it going on fosho!

  13. #13JL Sargent2021-02-05 11:16

    The 850J and now this PC360, what's next?

  14. #14steve waldner2021-02-05 18:49

    Had to pull apart , clean the ram , was full of dried rust , wouldn’t compress all the way.

  15. #15steve waldner2021-02-05 18:50

    Didn’t work , to small ,

  16. #16steve waldner2021-02-05 18:50

    Built bigger pin pusher , worked! But what a nightmare ! 50t

  17. #17steve waldner2021-02-05 22:07
  18. #18steve waldner2021-02-05 22:09

    Those are all oem parts I am useing.

  19. #19Welder Dave2021-02-06 02:56

    You must have quite the fabrication resources at your disposal. Looks like you welded a plate on the smaller porta-power cylinder?

  20. #20steve waldner2021-02-06 13:18

    I machined a hub , then welded that to the hub so I can remove it. I got nice machining equip . My brother runs a MFG business . So I can manipulate him to laser cut some parts . I can also cad . I baught that press off eBay accedently for 250$ 2 weeks ago .

  21. #21steve waldner2021-02-06 18:54

    If I only had a line bore welder , this line bore is one of those cheap off eBay , it works great so far.

  22. #22southernman132021-02-06 21:57

    You don’t play fair u have all the right ****!! Awsome stuff man

  23. #23steve waldner2021-02-06 22:12

    hard work

  24. #24skyking12021-02-06 22:18

    oops I read above. Yes the line welder is nice.

  25. #25southernman132021-02-07 09:47

    No doubt your a hard worker and motivated man! You have a dream shop with all the right tools. Even though it’s hard work it can be an enjoyable experience when you have the right resources. Nice work bud!

  26. #26skyking12021-02-07 10:30

    Can you link the line machine please? Also how much room do you need on the off side? I might want to do the boom cylinder base bores and boom base bores, and do not want to remove the cab or tool box. Or the fuel tank for that matter!

  27. #27steve waldner2021-02-08 22:04

    That will be tight !, I’ll share link , at least 24” on one side , but the shaft is quite long , unless u wouk cut it off

  28. #28Shimmy12021-02-09 00:20

    Why is that so worn out? I have 4500 hours on my hoe, and there is almost no wear in my bucket or stick pins.

  29. #29steve waldner2021-02-09 12:38

    10000 hrs , not sure , but has a little play in it , I wanna fix it before it get worse . Hate sloppy machinery , I’m very picky .

  30. #30steve waldner2021-02-09 12:40

    Also doing this pin , I think they use a breaker on it , and shows little slop , the rest are tight .

  31. #31steve waldner2021-02-09 12:41

    I looked it over , I think it will be impossible to line bore without removing cab .

  32. #32southernman132021-02-10 01:43

    Did u build the brackets that are welded to the machine to align the boring unit? We have a pc 200 that we purchased used it has some slop but I’m not sure if it’s into the meat yet. I need to pull it down and see. I’d consider getting one of these units as well. Last time I had line boring it was 1000.00 per hole I believe

  33. #33steve waldner2021-02-10 08:11

    Yes I made them , but they come with some but I didn’t like them .

  34. #34skyking12021-02-10 12:17

    Thanks for looking at it Steve I appreciate it. I can get the line bore done by the pros for about $800 each setup. They would count each boom cylinder pin as a setup so 2400 bucks for someone else to line bore the house. I would unboom it and take it to them bare.

  35. #35Volvomad2021-02-10 19:54

    something like this. Kept my bearings close so tool setting will be akward.

  36. #36John C.2021-02-11 09:50

    Most excavator booms are just a shell. The hardest part of removing them is access to the bolts. I used to replace Komatsu and a couple of Hitachi cabs in about six hours. I've never seen a boom bore done without pulling the cab. The is a pretty nice set up Volvomad.

  37. #37steve waldner2021-02-12 22:42

    That’s not a bad deal ,

  38. #38steve waldner2021-02-12 22:46
  39. #39southernman132021-02-13 00:24

    Beautiful job my man! It’s a shame to get it dirty lol!!

  40. #40Volvomad2021-02-13 11:24

    Thanks john c. Hand welding the bore by the cab brought new meaning to out of position welding. Weighed the boom after removing and is 2T even. Is a 210 machine. Have it half bored but got sidetracked.

  41. #41John C.2021-02-13 11:32

    I used to do a bit of that hand welding with stick early in my career. I did a couple with hard wire when I worked at the Komatsu dealer. It went real fast in that case but looked pretty rough when I was done. The machinist said don't worry, I can take it out faster that you can put it in.

  42. #42steve waldner2021-02-13 18:14

    This overhead crane is priceless . So those of that wonder , this is my repair shop , I also do heavy equip on the side , I got a excavator,dozer,Volvo dump truck, crane , loader , side dump, etc .

  43. #43steve waldner2021-02-13 18:16

    Lol ! That’s is so true , I had to redo one of mine , took 4min to take out , takes 1/2 hr to weld .

  44. #44steve waldner2021-03-03 13:28
  45. #45steve waldner2021-03-03 13:28

    Bored the quick attach , sleeved it, machine is finished . Now to install a dig sys .

  46. #46steve waldner2021-03-03 13:31

    Machined 1” tee blocks for Idigbest sys.

  47. #47steve waldner2021-03-03 13:33

    Idigbest valves mounted .

  48. #48steve waldner2021-03-16 19:51

    Idigbest laser receiver and cover.

  49. #49steve waldner2021-03-16 19:52