I have this 2012 360-10 10k hrs New sprocket and rails (oem) but the tracks walk back and forth 2 “ when working , it drives me nuts . Had the planetaries apart and completed the insides to new parts , hardly a difference if any . Is it possible the motor brake is not grabbing right and it uses hydraulic oil of the motor to brake the drive ? Both seam the same . The sun gears are tight . The other gear set connects to motor with shaft , so if motor would brake the outer gear should not move . Unless there is a lot of slop , but we compared the inside parts to brand new ones we ordered , just to compare , no difference . Would love a little advice . It has gotten worse over the last couple years . I can post a video if u want me too . Thank you
Watching this with interest. I have not seen much of this problem before.
Seen something similar before and found a small bit of wear between the rotating group and the shaft in the motor. The small bit ot wear on the splines inside the motor multiplied out through the final drive to allow quite a bit of movement on outer hub
Before tearing stuff apart, i would have someone observe from the side. Is it chain to sprocket or is it the sprocket turning.
Was thinking exactly the same
Hopefully some experts will give advice
Sprocket 99%
But when I had them apart , I stuck the shaft into the moter and didn’t feel slop , but didn’t try with a big pliers ,to see if I can rock back and forth , the outer gear set walks from 12:00 to about 3:00 before being really tight with second gear set via the second sun gear , but I had brand new outer gear set and the second sun gear fit exactly the same in the old vs new , and the sun gear showed 0 wear , the second gear set it 99% tight . So I think the slop comes from in between gear set 1 to gear set 2 , but couldn’t find anything odd, will tear one apart again and really check it out . I spot welded the gear ring to the frame so it don’t fall apart when taking long bolts out , I put 2 bolts back and had someone rock back and forth while I watched . Didn’t make video . Gotta be fixable .
Thats too much to me. It must be something you are overlooking.
^^^^ like vetech63 said that's seems like a lot of movement.
Will tear apart and shoot a video .
https://youtube.com/shorts/FTYxHdJ0pvQ?feature=share
And this wasn’t bad , I just jerked stick back and forth , drives me crazy , will take cover off , put some bolts back and make another video and see where slop is coming from .
From what I can see the most of your movement is the chain moving on the sprocket and the track chain adjustment seems a little loose to me.
Remove the final drive oil plug and check the magnet and the oil color. When removing the cover check the play of the main (1st stage) carrier
What’s a good way to check this , as I have had the cover off ?
The main carrier (4 gear planetary) is static. It is mounted on the motor body and mesh with teeth, try to rotate the carrier cw and ccw to check for backlash. As the cover is removed, remove the sun gear and test the machine like you did in the video and check if the motor output is rotating. A good way to test also is to relief any work equipment while looking at the motor output, in case the travel pr. compensator is defected
Can u explain a little more on the compensator ?
Compensator allow to use more than one actuator at the same time. Compensators are located on the main control valve close to each pilot cap toward the outlet (two for each spool). If you are familiar with CLSS system, you have to do the necessary testing to decide if the problem comes from travel motor and final drive or from control valve.
That looks like pin and bushing wear to me. Show us the really bad video of this.
Tracks are brand new oem ,sprockets are brand new 20 hrs
All pin and bushings on boom -stick- bucket are brand new , oem .
Swing Bearing is brand new.
Try digging over the sprockets then let us know if it's still moving. It may be a very simple fix.
Doesn't appear to be much movement in the final drive, looks more chain to me, looks a bit loose too, should be 10-30mm of deflection from the front idler to first carrier roller. How tight are those cover bolts too by the way, as they retain the ring gear
When you replaced the track chains did you check the tension springs and the bolts at go through them? If either are broken they will cause movement like that. an easy way of checking is to pull the dipper with the bucket in the ground and over the idlers and see if the idlers are retracting into the frame.