Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC390LC-10 Undercarriage Compatibility

631G · 2021-11-08 11:11

Would anyone have some insight into what determines if an undercarriage from an older model excavator from the same manufacturer will fit up to a newer model machine? In this instance I am looking at a Komatsu PC390LC-10 SN: A30059 and if I can reuse an undercarriage off a burned PC400-6 machine. The local Wilson Finley rep quoted me using a set of rails for a PC400-6 in the line description and so I looked into it and found that the PC390-10 and the PC400-6 and PC400-7 share the same number of top rollers, bottom rollers, track length and track length on ground.

Replies3
  1. #1Vetech632021-11-08 12:41

    Pin and bushing measurements, pin centers to pin centers, sprockets teeth count, pitch, and spread

  2. #2John C.2021-11-08 20:25

    Komatsu apparently stopped making their UC manuals years ago so I don’t know. I do agree with Mr. vetech that if the pitch and bushing diameters are the same, they will fit.

  3. #3gggraham2021-11-10 09:53

    Chains for 390-10 are KM2489/49 Link, 400-6 same chain but only 46 link. TCR 390-10 KM4184, 400-6 is KM1817 Bottom Rollers are the same on both KM1743 Sprockets are the same on both KM2384 Idlers are the same on both KM1973