Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC400LC pics and video

fArMeRkNoWsBeSt · 2009-03-03 16:37

Hi there, Found this PC400LC moving some soil around and building a pad for a new warehouse complex going in. The location is on the Island of Montreal in Point Claire right along side the 40. About a km west of Hewitt Caterpillar. On site was the PC400LC, a Ford L9000 dump truck, and a SuperPac roller. Anyways, hope you enjoy the video and the pics. Warren http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdH3q1DQ478

Replies16
  1. #1fArMeRkNoWsBeSt2009-03-03 16:39

    A few more pics. Also the new highway side display at Hewitt's.

  2. #2Danial Doherty2009-03-03 21:18

    wow that is a tiny bucket on the 400... not used to seeing that!

  3. #3blowerman2009-03-03 21:21

    It's not that small.. I assume they went with the smaller bucket because of the frozen ground?

  4. #4JoeS19892009-03-04 07:09

    That machines far to big for that little spoil heap! You would be far more suited to a 20-25 tonner!

  5. #5Frenchy2009-03-04 15:08

    Lol, it's just behind this Hewitt building, in the yard, I find my passion for Heavy Equipment. I have an oncle work like field mechanic for them. 2-3 time a years they chance the display in front off the office building. The last display was a 777 with a 988! Frenchy:canada

  6. #6joispoi2009-03-04 16:30

    Better yet, a wheel loader. They´re not moving the spoil very far. That said, I wouldn´t go out and buy or hire a machine just to move a few yards of fill.

  7. #7T_S_S2009-03-04 23:29

    Mabee they needed the pile moved quick time so they bring in the larger excavator, or it was already onsite doing the building pad or whatever. I wouldnt bring a smaller machine on site to load trucks if i had a 400 size machine there.

  8. #8D5G2009-03-04 23:56

    Never heard of a Super Pac roller before. Nice 400, great pics!

  9. #9fArMeRkNoWsBeSt2009-03-05 12:35

    Thanks for all the responses fellers. I was starting to think no one on here liked photos. HAHAHA. I do agree that there are probably better machines that could have done the job, however, the truck driver did tell me that they were just about done there and heading to a big job nearby. Perhaps this was just a "make work project" to keep two guys and machines busy while other aspects of the next job were completed? Who knows. Warren

  10. #10dirthog282009-03-05 18:59

    Wow! that was a very painful to watch, I hope that's not a buddy of your's Farmknowbest. Like you guys said macine was probably onsite's why they used a 400, but 1. One little tandem truck 2. Small bucket, the operator never could heap up. 3. Very ackward and slow empting bucket into truck 4. Never really put a good load on the truck (onsite-loader up!!) 5. Not there, put he swings way up over the stockpile both times, instead of swinging the other way, plus I always like to swing to the side with my cab. 6. He's dicking around while waiting on the truck to return when he could be throwing material to the side so when truck returns all he has to do is swing 90 degrees instead of a full 180 taking longer. Anyway, he'd never cut being a hoe operator for me.

  11. #11bill53622009-03-05 20:07

    Pics I enjoyed the pics and the video, but I agree with dirthog on his points. I would guess this is not the owner of the machines by the speed and down time of the hoe.

  12. #12fArMeRkNoWsBeSt2009-03-05 21:51

    I'm pretty sure the frost was giving them trouble, I didn't get a pic of it, but I saw them scraping the box out with the excavator. It was VERY cold that day and the center of that pile was still quite muddy. Maybe filling the box caused them lots of problems with the soil flash freezing to it? IDK. I thought it was a little odd to swing over the spoil pile each time too, but what do I know. Thanks for the comments. Warren

  13. #13bordercollie2009-03-06 05:35

    Superpac rollers were made by Champion Motor Grader Company, Godrich Ontario, Canada.

  14. #14cat 325ccr2009-03-08 20:46

    Great pictures and video!

  15. #15Superpac2024-03-21 13:35

    SuperPac was originally built by BNR equipment out of Kitchener Ontario, they sold the SuperPac line to champion in the early 90’s

  16. #16Ollie2024-03-21 13:59

    Ya they prob use machine for underground work so right size bucket for cages