Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

pc75 excavator hydraulics won’t operate

paulthomann ยท 2014-05-26 22:41

I was operating the excavator today and it was working fine. I parked it and turned the machine off. An hour later I got back in the machine and turned it on. It started fine but I had no power to any of the controls in the machine. This is normal until you push the arm on the left down to engage the cut off switch. For some reason this time it did not work. I suspected the cutoff switch under the arm so I tried jumping it. Still no power. Any ideas?

Replies3
  1. #1willie592014-05-26 22:51

    Welcome to HEF paulthomann. :drinkup Would this be a PC75UU machine?

  2. #2paulthomann2014-05-27 06:36

    No its a PC75R2. Its an older machine. Been around for a while.

  3. #3willie592014-05-27 22:28

    Oh, I see. Well, I haven't worked on one of them so I can't offer any specific advice. But since the safety has a switch, have you tested it to make sure it has voltage coming to the switch? It should be a normally open switch with voltage on one terminal, then when you drop the safety lever it closes the switch and puts voltage on the opposite terminal. This sends voltage to the solenoid coil that opens and allows oil to go to the PPC control valves. I don't know where the solenoid manifold is located, but it should be a manifold with a couple of solenoid valves.