Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC75UU-2 (I think) Tracks

Galvo7 · 2025-06-21 06:19

Hi, I recently purchased what I think is an old pc75 for a farm machine that had totally buggered rubber tracks on it. I am trying to replace these with a set of steel tracks. I made a purchase of new sprockets, tracks and top and bottom rollers through made-in-china. From the beginning I made sure the model was the subject of the emails back and forth to make it obvious what model it is and to reduce confusion and eventually I received the goods. Problem I have is the sprockets are the only bits that fit. Tracks are too short, and the bottom rollers are too short to reach both side of the track chassis (and have pc-60 cast into them), top roller is too short also. They are starting to give me the run around saying the parts should fit. I am starting to think maybe it’s not the model the old bloke I bought it of told me it was. I need help to identify my machine, where do I start? I have googled a lot and nothing seems to match up? I think it should be the model that was purple originally and the running gear is still purple but it looks like the rest has been painted yellow at some stage? I have not had much to do with diggers before. Please help…

Replies17
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-06-21 09:29

    Unfortunately, I think you have a grey market machine that may have been a one off or a collaboration between Japanese Excavator and Komatsu.

  2. #2steve wherley2025-06-21 10:15

    I have one like it nut sure about size. My machine also has off setting boom like yours. iI is a Airman Japanese , has Isuzu engine weight about 6000 lbs

  3. #3steve wherley2025-06-21 10:18

    Replaced tracks on my machine but went with size imposed on track's

  4. #4kmlares2025-06-21 13:45

    What track size did they send you? How wide are they, what is the pitch and link count? That looks like a pc75-uu2 based on photos, cylinder for parallel boom op is on the same side as boom link. Guessing you haven't been able to find the data plate with serial number?

  5. #5Galvo72025-06-21 22:09

    Tracks supplied are 38 links, 450mm wide plates, pitch is about 154.5mm. The only data plate I can find in the pic. Which look’s like greasing info to me.

  6. #6Galvo72025-06-21 22:12

    Steel or rubber mate? What is the size? the rubber tracks that were on mine when I got it were different each side.

  7. #7Galvo72025-06-21 22:13

    How would I go about identifying it? First thing Komatsu Australia ask for is the serial number but I can’t find it??

  8. #8CStracker2025-06-23 14:52

    I got AI to translate this maintenance chart for you.

  9. #9CStracker2025-06-23 14:58

    Looking up the weight for the PC50 vs PC75 is ~11k vs ~17k lbs so you may be able to figure out the model based on the weight. You could have a nameplate that has been painted over and may be able to find it and dissolve the paint.

  10. #10Galvo72025-06-24 07:08

    Cheers CStracker I have looked high and low but am unable to locate any name plate. I’m presuming it will be riveted on, but have not found a spot where there once was a plate fitted..

  11. #11CStracker2025-06-24 13:08

    How about the weight of the machine and using that as a reference for identification? Also the engine and HP. But I would use the size of the tracks you have on it as a reference. Those should have some type of numbers on them, or you can take a series of measurements to determine their criteria. You did mention the size that was sent to you, but since you ordered them based on the model number you though the machine was, you could be wrong. So you need to measure out your tracks that are on the machine and go by that for what you need to order.

  12. #12Mike_272025-06-24 13:46

    I think the serial number was also stamped under the serial plate on those machines. The serial plate would have been under the boom on the cab side.

  13. #13Mike_272025-06-24 14:36

    This might be an easy way to tell them apart, the undercarriage width on a pc50uu-2 is 2000mm (78.75") and 2320mm (91.375") on a pc75uu-2.

  14. #14Galvo72025-06-26 04:19

    Thanks for the replies CStracker, I will do some more investigation with your info

  15. #15Galvo72025-06-26 04:20

    Thanks Mike_27 I actually came across this info on the net today, will have a measure asap

  16. #16Galvo72025-06-26 04:22

    Cheers mate, I’ll have another look on the weekend

  17. #17Silveroddo2025-06-26 23:47

    Thats a mid to late 90's PC-75 UU-2. I had one years ago, getting parts for it wasn't a big deal if you had the parts book and parts numbers. OEM replacement steel tracks were about $6k for a set 15 years ago without rollers/sprockets/idlers, but I think they used the same for either track type.