Dear All, I hope you are well. I'm looking for a document in which I can find out when I should change the filters of this type of diesel engines. I read the manual but I can't find the approximate time for changing. In manual for example, they said that checking air filter daily and change it if needed. I'd appreciate it if you could help me in this. Thank you very much in advance.
http://www.moteur-perkins.com/uploads/catalogue/lettre/notice/perkins-manual-hgb06.pdf This publication says every 500 hours. If the fuel is clean they can usually go a lot longer than that. The filter only really needs to be replaced if it is dirty and when fuel is clean it does not get dirty very fast.
We don't know how many hours your putting on it in a day or week.. BUT given your location, I would look at the air filters OFTEN.. Your not going to be able to SEE the sand, so taking them out and giving them a bang on the ground should be on your weekly schedule.. Same w/ fuel filters.. that sand is awful small stuff. IF it were mine or I was responsible for it, it would get the smallest micron filter available and get changed often, HALF what the engine manuf. called for, given your location, weather inside or out.
Dear Birken Vogt Thank you for the document. But as you can see on page 16 (22 of PDF), the table says that "Check the air cleaner service indicator" and I can't find anything about the changing air filter.
Yes, as you said changing depends on a lot of parameters such as working time per day and the weather. But I hope to find a standard period for a standard working condition.
Does your generator have the air cleaner service indicator? When that trips, it's time to clean or change the filter. Depending on the operating conditions, you might not want to risk cleaning the filter (tapping or blowing out with air), or replace it every so many "cleanings". If the filter replacements get to expensive, think about a precleaner if you don't have one already. There aren't standard working conditions for an air or fuel filter. An oil filter gets changes every so many hours, and an engine gets rebuilt every so many thousand gallons of fuel. Either of those are approximations of wear, dirt, breakdown etc. And air filter or fuel filter can go for years in average conditions.
Most of my customers' generators get little to no dust in the air filter. I change them after about 3 years just because I am afraid of deterioration. In dusty conditions it can be a lot more often. I don't clean air filters. I have seen too many manufacturers' papers advising against it.