Hello to all. I need help. I have a problem with my C1.5 engine (analog Perkins 3013). When I want to start the engine, it run over maximum speed. I suspect the problem with injection pump. when I removed the injection pump, it looks normal, the plungers are good, the control rack is not jammed Can somebody help me? I will be grateful for any information
Do u have any #’s off the pump or a pic.??
The engine stood for about 5 years. then we overhaul it. and when we start the engine, it runs over maximum speed. the control rack goes all the way to the right. But it run over max speed anyway
So u have access to the PUMP RACK.?? Does it move freely LEFT AND RIGHT.?? Is it possible that whoever put the pump on, didn’t engage the ENGINE RACK ONTO THE PUMP RACK..?? And secured w a tiny cotter pin..
yes i remote it a few times, pump rack move freely. I engaged the engine rack onto the pump rack. And secured with a cotter pin.. i think maybe there is some impurities into the pump, or maybe there is another way to adjust the RPM
Can u slow it down by moving the throttle to the low idle position
If the rpm’s are full or off, u either have a stuck/sticking pump rack or a broken gov spring.. There’s a very lite spring that pulls the pump rack to full for starting.. Then once it starts, it’s overcome by the flyweights and the control changes to the gov spring, flyweights and throttle position.. Do u have a manual.??
no. it doesn't react at all. I turn off the engine by cutting off the air supply
I'm on the lookout. and gradually block the air supply, otherwise the engine will go into overdrive
When i start the engine the pump rack goes to the right i can see it trough solenoid hole. And when turn off it goes back
And i can move it by the finger trough solenoid hole and it come back herself
Any chance the springs r hooked up wrong.. or not at all
If u don’t have a manual, someone posted 1 awhile back.. It’s on this site.. I think it was Hanson who loaded it.. I found it by Google-ing “Perkins 3013”
unfortunately i cannot upload video i get
I have reduced the size of the videos I have. but still can't upload
I wanted you to see how the engine starts
I cannot understand, i can upload the image that is bigger size but smaller size video dont
TODAY i try again to start it but it still run wrong, over maximum speed with black smoke
I think maybe the mechanic assembled the front cover incorrectly
On the left side of the pump, the hole where the solenoid goes. If you push that in with a screwdriver, can you force the rack all the way to the right with the engine not running? If you press it to the right when it is running away, will it stop?
If someone has taken the bottom of the pump apart and put the plungers in backwards, it will run wide open at low idle.. Is that engine control rack bent.??
when the engine running the rack goes all the way to the right. i can fell it by finger trough the hole
No, is not
So Should I disassemble the pump? To chek the plungers
I don’t recommend it..
Bearing in mind his location in Moldova (Eastern Europe) I doubt there is a pump shop anyhwere local to him.
today I uninstalled the front cover to see if everything was installed correctly. we compared the front cover with another from Perkins 3013, and we found that the lever-control is longer than that one from the Perkins 3013. we suspect that one they given us is from a 4-cylinder engine. the base lever was lost during engine repair, we ordered this one from the official dealer according to the engine serial number. think they could given us the wrong one?
Its about 10mm longer
by the way we sent the injection pump to the specialists they checked it and it's allright. maybe You could see something wrong ? Thanks a lot