My Perkins 4.236t with the CAV/DPA fuel injection pump was leaking a lot of diesel, so I took it out, resealed it. Now it doesn't leak! But it also doesn't run. I was able to bleed it up to the injectors, but I don't seem to be getting enough fuel. Even after several attempts over the last 2 days, I'm holding the throttle wide open, (tried in idle as well) and it just barely drips while spinning it. Once I tighten the lines, I haven't had it fire once. I didn't take apart the actual pump part, just removed it, and replaced all the o-rings and seals. I'm going to pull the inlet and double check I put all the piston, and springs in correctly. Then I think I'll pull the top, and make sure the shutoff is moving freely, which is seems to be, but I'll check anyway. Any CAV expert what to speculate what I did wrong?
the problem usually lies in the end plate (inlet) where the piston and spring lives.. If u took the regulator out, it goes: start spring (funky looking coil spring) Regulator, piston, spring, regulator plug ( small step down into regulator) Big spring, big copper gasket and inlet nut (15/16) Usually what I see is the regulator plug is up side down.. The shorter end goes DOWN. Good luck and I’m always available to go thru it and double check your work..