Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Perspex View

alrman ยท 2011-03-17 08:04

Did a job for a customer today - broke his windsceen in his hoe a few years ago & couldn't afford a new one at the time (they are made of gold!) - so he fitted a sheet of perspex to it - "just for a while, till I can afford one............" Just in case anyone here wants to do the same - this is what he looks out of while operating the loader - :dizzy I'd find some money somewhere!! :laugh

Replies3
  1. #1koldsteele2011-03-17 08:53

    Yeah Plexiglass and dirt don't work to good together ...

  2. #2shopteacher 12011-03-17 10:04

    Is the glass flat or curved? If it is flat, make a pattern and go to a glass shop and have them cut you a piece of laminated glass. It will be a lot cheaper than a tempered piece from a dealer. John

  3. #3AussieChris2011-03-17 17:02

    When I bought my backhoe it had a broken windscreen and side window (both flat). I got a local glass mob to come out and replace them with laminated glass which they can cut on site. I think it cost me about $300 for both but that was 10 years ago (in Australia). Chris.