Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pettibone 6044

Dallaswill · 2023-03-26 15:20

I have a Pettibone 6044 I’m working on for a friend that has no boom functions but still drives and steers. He put a new hyd pump on but still has the same problem. I can’t find a service manual anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1tractormech2023-03-26 18:52

    No boom functions at all? No boom up,down. extend.retract? Nothing? Sounds like a pilot pressure issue. All functions don't fail at once. Sounds like nothing is getting a signal to operate. Check pilot valve pressure.

  2. #2Dallaswill2023-03-27 10:11

    Thanks I will try that. Anyone have the specs and test procedure for checking hyd pressures on this machine? I can’t find anything online

  3. #3tractormech2023-03-27 17:04

    If there's test ports it should be in the neighborhood of 400 PSI for pilot pressure. Just an educated guess. I don't know the exact specs.