Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pettibone boom leak

bob b ยท 2012-06-28 20:02

seems that one of the hoses in my boom may be leaking. anyone know how to strip one of these apart? you cant get in there like a gradall.

Replies9
  1. #1robin yates uk2012-06-29 03:38

    ask the manufacture,easiest way

  2. #2icestationzebra2012-06-30 01:51

    I have experience with Pettibone, but it would help if you list the model and boom (if there was more than one available). ISZ

  3. #3bob b2012-07-02 22:46

    im not at the machine right now but i will be tommorrow. it has a roller boom and legs so i would think its one of the bigger ones. its maybe 7? years old.

  4. #4icestationzebra2012-07-02 23:35

    Sorry, I meant to say I have NO experience with Pettibone. Way too tired, I should have been in bed. Does anybody know if there are old Pettibone parts books online? Maybe we could figure it out with some diagrams. ISZ

  5. #5bob b2012-07-03 12:47

    lol. its a model 10056.

  6. #6icestationzebra2012-07-06 01:58

    I couldn't find any good pictures or parts diagrams to go off of. The best I can do is point you to a Lull service manual. From the pictures it looks like they route the hoses very similar to the 1044C-54, maybe that will give you some idea. http://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManuals/Browse.aspx ISZ

  7. #7bob b2012-07-11 01:11

    i cant view the pdf. need to try harder i guess.

  8. #8icestationzebra2012-07-11 22:03

    grrrr....Apparently you can't use a direct link. Go to JLG.com. Under the "Parts & Support" section on the right side of the screen click on search manuals , then pick LULL , then LULL Telehandlers then pick a 1044-54. Either one will do as they are very similar as far as the boom is concerned. ISZ

  9. #9bob b2012-07-12 03:42

    ok now i got it, thanks.