I've acquired a Pettibone 204A ex-military forklift sn 2273. Has a GM 4-71 engine. Can anyone tell me what's the story on these machines.
I am the Pettibone dealer here in Oklahoma. What would you like to know? On your serial number tag there should be an attachment number, what is that number?
Your machine was ordered by the Directorate for Procurement and Production General Supply center in Richmond Virginia on August 10, 1966. It was ordered with a Detroit 4-71 Diesel engine S# 4A-132770, CRT 3331-1 Transmission S# 48496, springs and sways, 1100 lbs. ballast, 6' forks, and no-spin front axle. Final inspection date was January 17, 1967. The machine was shipped by rail on January 25, 1967 to the Naval Construction Battalion Center in Port Heuneme, California. It looks like from the log records that it is a basic 20000 lbs. forklift.
I appreciate your response and the spec data on my machine. Once I've taken delivery of the unit and have had time to complete a detailed inspection, I may have further questions. Thank you.
no problem!:drinkup