Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pettibone Super 6 loaders

DallasAnd ยท 2017-11-28 13:41

I have two Super 6 loaders that I am considering scraping or parting out. I am wondering if others have faced the same question. Any wisdom would be appreciated. Is there a market for parts?

Replies4
  1. #1Junkyard2017-11-28 20:13

    There might be with Old Iron Habit on here. He's got one. There are still quite a few around. You might get lucky. As cheap as scrap is by me it wouldn't take much to make parts worth more than scrap.

  2. #2old-iron-habit2017-11-28 20:15

    There is always a market for parts for any older machines. With scrap prices worth almost nothing it is a bad time to scrap anything. After hauling there is not much left. What type of front gear is on them. I am looking for a standard set of forks, and also for a log grapple for a Super 6. What is wrong with them that you are considering scraping them. Starting a private conversation with you. Click on the envelope in the upper right corner of the page to respond. It should have a red number one on it when I get it posted. Edit: By the way welcome to HEF. Lots of good people on here.

  3. #3Max.bare.ridge2018-09-19 17:15

    I was wondering if you still have the pettibones. I have a Super 6 with a chewed up rear axle center section. I'm very interested in parts

  4. #4Old Doug2018-09-19 21:15

    Dont they use Chevy parts?