Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Phillips 66 Hydraulic Fluid Quality

perryskorp · 2024-05-14 07:42

Anyone have an opinion?

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2024-05-14 09:58

    At a rough guess they probably market about 50 different types of hydraulic oil. Are you referring to any one in particular or the brand in general.?

  2. #2perryskorp2024-05-14 10:05

    Well I thought I would go with the Shell Tellus S2VX46 to flush and refill the trackhoe, but I got a better price on Phillips 66 Megaflow AW HVI 46, almost 100 bucks per 55 gal. Without doing a chemical analysis I would think either of these oils would work just fine in my 30+ year old machine. You guys scared me away from Warren oil lol.

  3. #3Nige2024-05-14 10:23

    We were contracted to Conoco Philips for a number of years buying probably 50k gallons/yr of oil. I never had cause to complain about their quality although I don’t have any experience of that particular product.

  4. #4perryskorp2024-05-14 10:27

    Appreciate the input!