Now these are heavy-duty old trucks. Real steel, real tough. I'm picturing a modern diesel power-train and disc brakes all around...might not even paint it. the link to more photos is here ... http://adventuresinmikeslife.blogspot.ca/2012/04/road-tripheavy-duty-old-trucks-power.html
That would be cool. Maybe a 5.9l 24v and just sand alittle and clear.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking...and a jake brake. Maybe an exhaust pipe up the side of the cab...manual transmission. I pity the modern vehicle that hits it.
this is a project which will be really interesting/Good luck
THere was a man that lived nearby used to restore them. He had one like the photo but taller ribbed tires and and oldfactory angle iron wrecker boom. It was dark green and black. There a man in St Augustine Florida That has 2 that are restored and sharp out on SR 207 right before you turn off to the landfill there. There was one at a show that had a 4BT cummins in it.
Is it in a good condition for repairing?
The guy in St Augustine evidently works on and restores the old Power Wagons. I drive by there occasionaly, and there are different ones there. Last timeIi was by, there was one with Fl Dept of Forestry logo with the hood up. Seen some beauties there.
My wife and I vacation in t Augustine every year but this year and we havent caughtthem home yet. I like going over to Hastings and lookingat Bulls Hits Ranchs old tater farming stuff. Last year at St augustine atthe drive on beach we saw one of the PWs winch out a big RV that got onto the dry sand.
Thanks for the great info. He had one like the picture but higher ribbed wheels and and oldfactory position metal wrecker growth.