just some piccs I've taken
beautiful
Where in Ireland is that work being done? My father did alot of work for Roadstone Bunratty for many years. Thanks.
the last lot was from the N7M8 road project yhese are from the N8M8 job both not to far from Bunratty well In Ireland nothing is to far from any where,With a bit of editing number two is my screen saver ,its a 450 komatsu on a rock pile feeding a crusher it had a 65 pushing up to it
:drinkup you cant beat a bit of good ole Irish humour :thumbsup Some wicked photo's you've taken there stock, thanks for sharing.
Thank you for the info. Who do you work for??
I used to work for a lot of people and now work for the gov in a quango (goggle it) the last company I was with built bridges I looked after the civils on 10 of them plus culverts etc and I loved every minute of it the 0500 starts to 2200 finishes up to seven days a week,would go back to it at the drop of a hat . PS like to get an unusual shot of the gear we use
Thanks for the info, I grew up in near bunratty. I dont get back much. That last time I was there was 05. Lots of new roads and all sorts of new stuff around. I didnt even know the way out of Shannon to the homestead.
See the planes land or take off at Shannon
I was on the arrival side of Bunratty, we lived just off the Sixmilebridge road. It not the same as when I left as a kid. The people are, but some of the scenerey has changed, for the better I guess.
didnt meet a grader op called jeff bradley did you, my uncle
:cool2
Great shots man! I have a question, which might seem stupid to some, what is the reason for the different style stabilizers on the Volvo backhoe? I rarely see them used in the states. Is it because of more narrow working environments overseas?
To be honest I'm not rightly sure ,except to say that the only scissor jack I drove years ago had no side shift on it and I found that a terrible inconvience especially doing what I was working on which was opening water tables on a live road or boreen for the local authority, went back to our conventional digger after that a 550 ford I think.
Who is he with now? know at least two operators by the same name
sideshift you have hit the nail on the head ,when working on live roads you sometimes only have the width of the machine to work in cheers graham
Sweet! Thanks for the quick reply!
last i heard he had a couple of his own graders and was on permanant hire to a big outfit out there , he will be in late 50s early 60s and over 6ft tall. i called him several years ago looking for work and found myself talking to a irish talking englishman
If you look at the machine it is a side shift backhoe. Those always have that type of outrigger. Not meant for real uneven ground.
A local job lifted these of the tunnel job in the neighbourhood
and some more View attachment 25560
even more
last few
When is the limerick bypass tunnel due to open?? It seems like they have been working on it forever. Also where were those last few shots taken?? Thank you.
The job commenced in 2006 last sept they put in the tunnel segments each one took 7500m cu of concrete and there was 5 sections.access is available from the southside and work is continuing on the other end .As some of the route crossed marshland the road bed had to be over charged and left for two years to eliminate any settlement afterwards ,it is supposed to be open in 2010 but knowing roadbridge it will be well before that ,as they have started removing some of the over charge as settlement has stopped and its a PPP public private partnership the sooner its open the sooner they make money Stock
10 TON pile hammer on a volvo 700 pulling sheet piles breaking concrete out of a steel jacket entrance to the tunnel on the south side
Great pictures!
Thanks for the new pics Stock, I was in Ireland for St Patricks day and I saw all of the progress on the Limerick tunnel on the Cratloe Castle side and on the Dock Road side in Limerick City. The tunnel will be nice when it is done, the traffic in Limerick is unbelievable, it like driving in Manhattan. Thanks again, and post more if you get them.
Thanks for awesome pics, looks like a very nice job.
Shannon Tunnel Was in Limerick to day so we took some pictures
Shannon tunnel and some more The 700 volvo is being used to pull the sheet piles
Some more The weather today was the pits and as a result a lot of the plant was parked up The w beams were max length of 120'/ 38 m the Crane was a 250t with superlift. Stock
Last couple Are our salamanders bigger than yours? There is a plate inside the cab that says city of George town council Tasmania, does that make it the most travelled grader?? She is a120g and the reg says it a 1986
Nice pics Stock. However I am confused about the project from your post: Where is the tunnel? At first I thought it may be a cut and cover type tunnel but it looks like a normal roadway. BTW- keep the pics coming, the overseas construction sites are always interesting to look at.:thumbsup
Most of these piccs are of the road enabling works , the picture of the 700 pulling the Sheet piles will be the north exit /approach to the tunnel . This section of the job is also where strabag ag cast the tunnel sections this picture is of the north side , notice the two red woolf cranes this is the coffer dam casting basin. The tunnel has been taken out and sank but has a leak or so I was told
Great pics and information Stock. That is some interesting work your involved in and around there. Thanks for sharing.