Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

pics as requested

entasis ยท 2013-02-09 07:34

here are a couple pics as requested from my new member post, thanks for the welcome - one nugget of the I don't know how many million lbs we had to move........and how we dealt with it - getting back on track.........or maybe the track back on - the job supervisor regards, gerry

Replies5
  1. #1blitz1382013-02-09 11:12

    Great pics, welcome to HEF

  2. #2entasis2013-02-10 13:40

    an example of the power of sharing, thanks again more pics from my "can only afford to do it myself newb with the help of HEF project" - I went on ad nauseum in my new member post in appreciation and respect to you guys, so I'll leave it at that - woulda been a lot harder without this knowledge base - yes, I did lurk, but geez I had nothin' to contribute - thanks and I mean it -road we built into building site across steep shear bedrock - had a benchmark high point and then down the other side - goin' up ranges from 11-13% grade and 9ish join' down the other side - sawed off high spots in the rock with a saw on rails I made, filled valleys in undulating bedrock and built a retaining wall of boulders up to about 10-12 ft high - rocks would literally want to slide down the smooth steep bedrock as they were placed - we put 'em in place drilled in 1 1/2" pins and snugged the boulders down into 'em - made a good solid wall -dormant building site -we are well equipped - in addition to the ex220-3, we have the loader, skidder, grader, forklift, plow, etc pictured here - I'm already depressed as hell about selling the excavator when I'm done with it, and even though I have other things to do with it sometime later, workin' guys can't afford to have equipment sittin' around idle

  3. #3Pixie2013-02-11 21:31

    Fun in the "Granite State" ,eh !!! Thanks for the pictures.

  4. #4entasis2013-02-12 07:54

    guess you've "been there" pixie, eh? - I believe we've got 2 types of soil here...........big rocks and small rocks up the hill from where we are

  5. #5glenlunberg2013-07-02 23:55

    Good pictures. Looks like you're doing a great job.