Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pics of my rig and backhoe

Cavalo ยท 2008-01-10 23:05

Pics of my 2007 310SG 1994 Top Kick (ex RV puller with wood trim inside and 3116 Cat diesel) and 1997 Walton Trailer, custom designed by me.

Replies13
  1. #1Eric2008-01-10 23:11

    Slick lookin get up.

  2. #2Cavalo2008-01-10 23:12

    Here is another one of my truck..............

  3. #3Cavalo2008-01-10 23:14

    Thank you.............

  4. #4DirtHauler2008-01-10 23:21

    LOOKS GREAT!! Curious what you had to license it for with the trailer and backhoe.

  5. #5Jeff D.2008-01-10 23:24

    Cavalo, from your previous post I was under the impression you were an old retired bast................er guy, I mean. but it looks like yer a still gittin at it, by yer pics there! Nice looking set up/get up there too!!:drinkup

  6. #6CascadeScaper2008-01-10 23:27

    Don't you just love Walton trailers? My dad has one of the biggest dump trailers they make, thing is built like nothing else. He's planning on replacing our crappy 21' tilt bed with a Walton 16+5 drop deck tilt in a year or so and will more than likely go with Walton. Dump trailer is 4 years old, no problems, he uses it at least twice a week.

  7. #7Cavalo2008-01-10 23:34

    If you are referring to the weight, I am licenced for 17,900KGs which is about 39,000.00 Lbs. The actual weight is about 37000.00 lbs with 2 buckets 6000 stanley hoe pack, under the machine and the truck and trailer with full tanks of fuel...........

  8. #8Cavalo2008-01-10 23:42

    funny thing about those Walton trailers, the one you see here in the picture was one that I special ordered, I designed it with expanded metal on the floating rear beaver tail and had then put in a belly ban under the machine with an expanded metal (mesh) bottom. It runs from the front of the trailer to just before the front axle. There is also storage in the neck and I had to get them to move the axles up because I used to pull it with a one ton dually and there would have been to much weight on the truck, but even now with the topkick it is just right and it is better when you get into tight areas, it doesnt cut corners so hard. (follows the truck more) I also had them put in disc brakes all around and oil bath bearings..............and now all the trailers come this way if you order a backhoe trailer at least up here anyway. Kind of made me mad because I went to alot of work figuring out where the axles should be and all the storage and arrangement of the design, I wanted it to be the only one.........now they are all like mine!

  9. #9Cavalo2008-01-10 23:59

    Here are some welding Pics the one is Oxy Acetylend welding, as you probably guessed

  10. #10jazak2008-01-11 19:55

    Nice stuff!!! Why did you go with a hauler instead of a dump truck? I can't see any scratches on that JD! Do you wash it down and paint it every day. lol j/k

  11. #11bobcat ron2008-01-11 20:45

    Now I know I've seen that blue truck cruising around before! I just can't remember WHERE!?!?!

  12. #12Cavalo2008-01-12 17:00

    I used have a ramp truck, but it was easier for me to drop and go with the trailer. I worked out of my town alot and had to use the truck to commute, now that I am working closer to home I have been thinking about going back to a ramp truck. Those pics of the hoe where taken when the backhoe was new, mind you it is still pretty clean.....mostly beacause I work exclusively for a large utility company (province wide). The backhoe is one year and 3 months old and still only has 500 hrs on it. I do use the truck more than the hoe, there is alot of driving around in the area that i work in. The pay is the same whether I am marching or fighting so to speak.

  13. #13Cavalo2008-01-12 17:07

    You probably have seen the truck, seeing that i used to live in your area and i worked there up until the beginning of this year, now I am finally in my own area for ever and ever! Some of those pics you might recoginze because they were taken in the abby area.