Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pics of my service truck and work

vera66 · 2015-03-10 08:18

Hello everyone I posted a couple of weeks ago but I finally got some time to post some pictures of my new to me service truck and the work I have got to do my first 3 weeks as a mobile heavy equipment mechanic. Anyways My truck is a 2001 freight liner FL60 I was wondering what everyone thinks about painting the wheels and bumper black? I have to get going but also what about crane stuff like lifting brackets chain straps anything I might need for using my crane thanks. Got to go put a hydraulic pump in a 1981 D9N ☺

Replies1
  1. #1Hardline2015-03-10 10:29

    I like the truck. I do no think I would paint the wheels black. If anything I would install the chrome simulators or the chrome lug nut covers on what you have. As far as crane accessories I would make sure you have all the basic chains, slings and clevis. You will always come across all kinds of special brackets and jigs that you will have to make to pull stuff.m That stuff you will have to figure out as you go along. I'll make a new thread. Let's see if this gets any ideas for ya. JJ HeavyEquipmentForums