Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pics of the 10T I was running

HoJay · 2009-10-09 23:37

These pics are from about a month ago. I was only on this job for about a week helping out a buddy. I first ran this dozer in 2007 when it had 400 hours, it now has close to 8000. The undercarriage is pretty messed up all the pins in the rails are egg shaped and it has brand new segments on the finals and they don't work together to well. It feels like your bouncing over rocks all day because the segments don't seat in the pins very well. On this job we were installing perf pipe in the berms of a pond. Our deepest cut was 10m with a 12m bottom with 2 to 1 slopes, lots of sand to move. We had 2 Hitachi 800's and the 10t, but we really could have used another hoe and dozer. One hoe laying pipe the other hoe and the 10 were backfilling and cutting out the berm.

Replies20
  1. #1dsichewski2009-10-09 23:40

    Wow nice pics! The Biggest cat dozer I've sat in and worked on was a D8T...It would be awesome to get up in a 10 or 11 as they are quite bigger than the 8 from the pics I've seen and from what I've been told.

  2. #2HoJay2009-10-09 23:45

    1. The two 800's, one pulling slope and one starting the next finger of pipe. 2. The top backfilled. 3. Really wished she had a U Blade 4. The 10, 800's and foreman's pickup.

  3. #3HoJay2009-10-09 23:55

    1. The 800 bringing in the outer edge so I don't have to push up hill so much. 2. Couple meters left. This is the area we had opened up in the earlier pics. 3. Level with the near edge still fat though 4/5. The last pics I took of her.

  4. #4special tool2009-10-10 08:59

    Where is this, Miami Beach? I can't believe that sand - not even ONE rock! That would be like a vacation for me.

  5. #5HoJay2009-10-10 16:31

    Not quite Miami Beach, just a little farther north.

  6. #6cummins052009-10-10 20:15

    must have worn the ripper out on that job lol

  7. #7special tool2009-10-10 20:57

    :lmao:roll

  8. #8Burnout2009-10-10 21:06

    Is that a Thompson Bros sticker I spy on that 10T? I think it's safe to say it's not a Prairie Roadbuilders sticker....lol

  9. #9HoJay2009-10-11 23:29

    I think the most use that ripper had for awhile was me playing with the pin puller. I still gave the service guy some grief for having one of those wide tipped duckbilled tooth's that's burnt out and looks like a boxing glove in a few hours. I think it was a ditching tooth for a hoe. Still ripping season's just around the corner. Yep Burnout, its Thompson iron. I'm not sure that Prairie Ron knows that Cat kept making dozers after the N series. When I worked for Prairie Road their newest addition to the fleet was a 16H with a DuPont make-over with 33,000 hours bought from auction off North American. When Prairie Road made the detour for HWY 63 between Suncor to Syncrude they had more iron parked than running. My highlight was seeing their old Cat 350 spinning a track and continuing to topsoil the slopes while dragging the track behind him. Moved a pile of dirt though. Only outfit I have worked for where you get in trouble for not running in 3rd gear and also the only time I have seen ripper shanks turned backwards so the pushcat can rip backing up; you only do that in 2nd though.

  10. #10HoJay2009-10-13 16:51

    I just found these last ones on a old camera. 2004 at Mildred Lake Finning.

  11. #11BigIron252009-10-13 17:31

    That D10 is quite sexy... nice pics! I love to see some cats muscle into some work.

  12. #12Burnout2009-10-13 22:30

    Are you saying that Prairie is behind the times on new iron? I refuse to believe it. :drinkup I can't make many comments about N dozers, we have a lot of N series dozers kickin around.

  13. #13alco2009-10-13 22:36

    Ron hardly has anything to do with the company other than taking his cut these days. But I can see the point he had on older iron......he buys it cheap and runs it into the ground. They still move dirt, and still make money, so why spend the big bucks to keep a current fleet? They do it on the cheap...and that allows the big bucks for his other....ummmm...interests.

  14. #14Burnout2009-10-13 22:38

    Court dates? or hoods for lincoln navigators?

  15. #15alco2009-10-13 22:48

    A little from column A, a little from column B.

  16. #16kwp50002009-10-13 23:42

    Reply Thanks

  17. #17HoJay2009-10-13 23:58

    Yeah I know what you mean, we still have quite a few N's and L's working everyday but for the most part they have been maintained. I know when I was with prairie it was check the fuel and fill up the oil. The way Prairie Road does things seems to of paid off for them, their a Hi-Ball outfit that can move a heap of dirt and usually only move it once. They have excellent mechanics and service guy's that keep everything moving but there’s also a lot of times when your sitting waiting for a machine, I know it happens every where but it seemed to happen more often with them.

  18. #18zbo22009-10-27 23:52

    nice pic's

  19. #19JD Green2009-10-28 23:36

    Nice pic's

  20. #20plantman.uk2009-11-11 06:11

    very nice pictures...and nice machine too....love a go at on of those one day