Hey guys. This is a thread to show your mini! I will start of with a 2007 bobcat 335. Cab, Hyd thumb, q/c 34in grading bucket, 24in digging bucket, 18in, digging bucket, ripper tooth. I love it! http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj586/Roadbuilder66/c520d320bf7d30a6e6c988d2d7401c0d.jpg
Here is my TB153FR. I traded it for another just like it this last Winter. The new one looks identical except its shiny and it came with a payment book.
Here are a couple of pictures of my ec15. Everyone seems to like to explain to me that its too small. But, it gets the job done. The pictures near the pool are of a pad we made where I brought in 150+ tons of crushed concrete and crushed limestone with a 3,000 liter dumper (120 tons of which were put down in a day). It's a handy little machine. Some days it's parked on a stock pile loading a dumper, other days its being used for trenching and utility jobs or tight access work.
A few pictures from a tight access job from this winter. The backyard of this house used to slope right up to the existing concrete patio. I couldn't get the backhoe in on this job. I rented a zero turn yanmar 2.5 ton mini for a day but between the smaller 40cm digging bucket and the fact that the rental place had turned down the relief pressure (to the point where the machine barely could lift itself off the ground ), I was actually moving more dirt with my little ec15 (and not paying rental charges).
Yair . . . Way O/T but in that link roadbuilder6 posted there is a house with a fairly flat pitched roof in the background . . . a flatpitched roof such as would be "normal" in these parts. Are such roofs built on extra strong framing to handle the snow loads and when does it become necessary to increase the pitch to shed snow . . . and how much does (say) a cubic foot of snow weight. Apologies to the original poster for going off track with the thread. Cheers
Mowing with my 305.5
Haha, its fine, it was an old abandoned garage that was starting to cave, (the main support beam in back was cracked all the way through because a tree fell on it) that i demolished and regraded.
Bought mine on Valentine's Day. 2010 KX121-3 with a 6 way blade. I have a few videos on my Youtube Channel. http://www.youtube.com/RutherfordConLLC
300.9D. Tiny and absolutely ridiculous (I've had a lot of people laugh at me). Sometimes I wish we were running a more stable machine, but it does its job reasonably well.
Thanks for posting, Hypnolobster. Now I don't feel so bad. LOL. 301.5, small, 5 gal a day, and paid for.
We have a Case CX50B. I had to find a water line 8' deep to tie into for my shop. There was a definite line where the 2' of fill was hauled in after the house was built in the late 60ies. I have an 18" and a 36" bucket.
Hitachi EX-40-UR Picture of my Hitachi EX-40-UR working on my house addition.
There have been many, many times that I would have loved to have that machine on a job. BTW, welcome to the Forums!:drinkup
I was looking forward to this thread 'taking off' so to speak with the popularity of mini ex's. Seems rather slow. Come on guys and gals lets get them pics rolling in.
Bobcat 331 Land clearing Burning the slash...bit tricky with a small machine and rubber tracks, but even if one is literally roasting inside the cab in winter with the AC on full, the machine seems to take it without much fuss. Have to be careful of flying embers...had a few come into cab through an open window and burn my clothing...
Picture is a little snowy!!!!!!!
Pictures of my smaller mini, TB025, doing a sewer hook up. It has given me 3000 hrs of trouble free use, and I often select it over a bigger machine because of the lower operating costs, reliability, and its just plain a battle hardened veteran!
It may be fugly but it beats a pick and shovel. :jawdrop Look at it this way - it has tinted glass.
Yeah but what is it? Cat? I like the blade across the bucket teeth. J
It's a Mitsubishi MS 035 grey market, a 3-1/2 tonner. This was one of a last series of models before Cat took them over. It's simple, has all mechanically operated valves, yet it has boom/cab swing. Don't know the date codes but my guess is mid/late '80's. Has about 1,200 hours on it now. Printed information on this machine is impossible to find.
Tinted glass makes the machine. Things always look better through tinted glass... What is ugly, is doing it by pick and shovel...
"Tojo" thanks you for your kind words. :waving
Very great machines! Anyway, I don't have any model of these machines but I saw this one and for me it's cool.
Those are sweet, and that reminds me I have to spread some gravel around my shop too.
Nice machine, bad practice. That operator is spreading 6-8" of stone against that metal siding which is probably above the floor slab as well...
Bad practice indeed. This looks like a staged photo for a brochure. The paint is still on the bucket, not a scratch or spec of dust on the machine and the operator is wearing a hardhat and safety colors to spread gravel where it's not needed.
bump
Looks as though operator dented metal siding as well.
It's 95+ degrees here and humid. This is a beautiful picture.
The KX121-3 and a new operator stockpiling dirt I was forwarding with the track loader. Family shot.
Property is naturally terraced. Making a road to the second level.
Boy I thought this thread would be 10-12 pages by now.. SLOOOOW... guess everyone with a mini thinks seen one seen them all. Lets see if we can get pics as well as pics of how you move your mini(s).. I must admit to not knowing how to post pics but i do have regular access to a Bobcat 435 and use a Internatuional 4900 tilt deck to move it. Will get some pics and play with trying to post them.
Here's how we move ours. 10 ton deck over, L9000 single axle dump. The mini and dumper sit at the front, and the skid sits at the rear. We call it the traveling circus. Here's how the dumper and mini sit:
Just playing about when I got my first walker
That is just so cool. I hope my first walker looks like that, instead of the kind you push...
LOL! That's the same term I use for my operation. I have GC's that ask me to travel a couple hundred miles away to do a job and I tell them I can't take my traveling circus with me and make any money.
Thanks, it took a bit of getting used to, but you get some very positive comments from customers when they see what it can do.
I use my KX-121-3 for making trails in the woods. We have steep wooded hillsides here.
It looks like you also have a tilting bucket. Yes? Extendable dipper stick? It looks like a Swiss Army Knife.
Yes it has an extending dipper and at the time had a Helac Powertilt, so all the buckets could tilt, but I've now upgraded to an Engcon tiltrotator so we have tilt and 360 degree rotation. I specialise in awkward jobs where previously it has either been done by gangs of labourers or a lot of time and money spent digging a way in then reinstating afterwards. Last week I did a little job that had previously been done by three labourers taking seven days. They had done a good job, but they must have worked really hard. It took me an easy day and a half to achieve the same result and the customer thought I must have done a better job because I had the right machine.
Nice. We seem to be getting somewhere, keep them coming- pics of your mini ex and how you move them around. Cheers LD
Just Couple recent work pic Just Couple recent work pic Playing around: in sand with ditching bucket And testing our new screening bucket
How did the bucket do? Not the usual move, but I did it so I could say I've done it with a F250. The route was all of 3.6 miles. Normally I'll haul one or the other per trip.
first time loading it on the trailer ever!!! (yes i know tire is flat!)
Doing some demo down in mantaloking with the kubota
My transport. In UK only allowed to tow 3500kg (approx 7700lbs) maximum including trailer with a pickup. Above that you need a lorry and all the regulations and costs that entails, so haulage is really expensive for full size kit.
Heres a couple. 2012 Kubota KX121-3 6 way blade, 24" digging bucket, 36" tilt bucket, and hydraulic. Thats my buddy running it, he stopped by the job, so I let him load a couple loads while I ran the hickory boom and grade stick.
How that screening bucket work? Who makes it and how much do they run? The last few Con Expos we've been talking to manufacturers who have them for either under 8 ton machines or skidsteer setups, and they are running $10,000 - $20,000. They definitely have their price, but not really justifiable in today's market when you can purchase a small screener for $20,000 that will vastly outproduce that setup you have, but then off course you get into having a separate move for the screener and handing the material 3 times really (loading, picking up screened material, and picking up tailings) and needing the space to do it all in. In the end it becomes cost prohibitive to just removing the old loam and bringing in new. However if that bucket could produce 10-15 yards an hour it might be justifiable at $5,000-$10,000, but that's still a lot of loam, even at $30/yd which is really high around here.
I am starting to like this thread (actually liked it from the start, LOL) Nice looking machines and all the different hauling set ups. Hope this one goes 30,40,50 pages or more. Cheers LD
Micro Excavator Hello Here are some pictures of my micro excavator being unloader from a 6x4 trailer and picking up some rocks. It is 570mm wide and approx 380kg. mjt
I wish I had one that size so many times. In yellow, I see Ernie running it and singing "Rubber Ducky" LOL
thats a big shovel lol thats pretty handy though i bet
I like it. What make is it? Is it diesel powered?
Hello It has a Honda GX 160-163 3.5hp petrol. The engine is on the right hand and the hyd are on the left see picture mjt
Forgot to say it is a Komatsu PC01 mjt
That is just Too cute (There's that word again). I'd bet you need to hire a guard to keep the kiddies off! How well does it move about? And what did it cost? No rops or fops though,how did Komatsu get away with that? Jay
It only goes 0.87mph. It pushes good for it size. It cost 10k. mjt
Looks like you ride it like a 4 wheeler & with no ROPS is it stable? Can see it has plenty of hydraulic power to lift its weight. Does it have a remote option?Looks like a handy unit.
It is stable for its size. It does not have a remote control option. It digs to 1050mm in depth, and has a 260mm bucket on it. I have some more pictures of it with a Venieri 133 mini 4 wheel steer backhoe, it is 3.3T in weight and 1.35m wide. The engine is on the right hand side and you sit on the left. It is hydrostatic drive, it drives up to 18 kmph it is much better than a skid steer loader. You can drive it facing backwards so you do not have to turn around all the time. There is also a Kato 550sev Excavator in the background. mjt
Takeuchi TB180, Case CX-36b, Brand new Kubota KX-040-4. http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j459/RobbieRob7173/20130927_163749.jpg http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j459/RobbieRob7173/20130125_125425.jpg
Here's a picture of my Dad's 303C CR while working on a clearing project. I'm very impressed with the little bugger, it has tons of power for it's size.
My 50d
2009 335 with thumb. I don't use it very much except for loading my trailers and planting trees and digging up stumps and boulders and loading metal for recycling. I am wanting to find more to do with it. I also run a Bobcat s750 with a mulcher and lots of other attachments as well as a Toolcat. I bought the excavator to work in tough locations and for the reach but bought it right before the recession and that type of work slowed down for me. Have had a couple of good demolition jobs and I seem to like that type of work. I'm still learning and getting proficient and finding more and more that this thing can do. I got a chance to sit in an M series Bobcat excavator and was impressed with the improvements in the cab. I'm already comfortable in the 335 and can really picture myself in a E50.
Here is my new Deere 2013 mini ex. Price tag was $37,500.00 with 1- yr warranty from our local John Deere dealer.
Nice set up, particularly like the tiltrotator and Scandinavian style bucket. Graham
here is me CAT 301.8. good choice
sorry! the image was missing here is me CAT 301.8. good choice
That's the machine I'm interested in, do you have any more pics of how to secure that model? I spoke to the cat dealer and they told me the blade and the front bucket linkage. Does the unit have a front and rear frame member to bind to?
Ran the PC40 for 6 years, a great machine for intricate digging. Added a smaller Yanmar VIO20 to the mix to get to those smaller jobs. Impressive strength for that small package. Can't beat the zero turn capabilities especially around trees.
Traded the 121 in for a new, pre-emission 057 last week. Even dug up a little girl! This F150 skid off the road trying to make the turn a few miles from the house. I went and got the 057 and lifted/carried the front of the truck so the wrecker wouldn't tear it up dragging it back, then swung the front end over and set it on the road. After the wrecker left we pulled his bumper back (nearly) straight and we were on our way.
Lumberjack, I sat in one of them there 057's at Marshall during their inventory reduction auction a month or so ago. As much as I want it, I just don't have the work for it right now. I humbly admit that I'm quite jealous. Did they ship all the way out to you? Best of luck with it!
Yep, shipped it straight to my house for about what the fuel alone would have cost me. I don't have a plethora of work for it currently, but it was 10k cheaper than local so I figured why not?
How is the 57 for power compared to the 121?
The power increase is nice, my main complaint is the thumb has no hook to it so it doesn't grab logs well. I'll be fixing that!
Here are a few working photos.
Hello Tried to post pictures of my yanmar VIO-30 excavator but can't get pictures on this site
I got picture on.
Well, things must be going well for you! :cool2 The shiny Kubota (and Benz) caught my eye...curious how much you dropped for the Bota, and is that a tilt trailer? Happy with the Kubota?
The Kubota is a 14' KX040-4, which is replacing the kx121. I love it, the new cab is very comfortable compared to the outdated 121 cab and the specs are about the same as the 121 but with a couple more HP. The machine was $64,000,US, with cab, air/heat, radio , 4way blade, and a 18",24" and 30" dig buckets/quick coupler. The trailer is a Cam Superline partial tilt(20'tilt, 4'stationary) deckover, 8 ton. It has been a good year in business, Bought a new Takeauchi tl230 ctl also. The Kubota replaced an older Case Cx 31 that we didn't use too much, too small.
Pics of the KX121(I demo'd before purchase of the 040) and the KX040-4 next to each other, same boom and arm, just updated cosmetics and cab interior on the 040 and a tier4 engine. Pic of the trailer unloaded.
Here is my Kubota U55, so far it's been a great machine.
bobcat 323
Heres a pic of my 430 "G" model Bobcat. My family and I were having some fun to see who could pick up and over the tires from one pile and then stack them on the other side the fastest. My middle daughter is at her turn here. Fun day with my wife and daughters playing for a few. Took me awhile to convince them all to come out and play.
Then they schooled you? Missing the other half of the story...
Our number one complaint too.
Our new CAT 303.5
2000 kx121-2.
Aw single ram tilt bucket I had one til I use a twin ram I found the single moved (fired) to to quick when triming and didn't hold solid. How do you find it joispoi
The engineering on that particular bucket is incomplete IMO. They made no provisions for routing the hoses. We spent a little extra time at the hydraulic shop figuring out the least awkward way to make the plumbing happen. As for trimming, I added a flow restrictor to one of the fittings at the ram. It slows it down just fine. I control it with the left floor pedal....which is fine for anyone who is left-footed, which I'm not. I'm right handed so it's a little bit clumsy at times.
The boys said I need a bigger dig so this is it
Micro Excavator working in 700mm gap. Hello Here are some pics of my mini excavator working in a 700mm area. Had to level out and place crushed rock in for foot paths. Some of the ground was very steep, had to walk beside machine. Also a pic of a shed footing beside a fence. mjt
Fantastic big of gear mjt where are you based
Great pictures and nice job. I would love to own one of those for around my home. Can you supply me d information on it ! Make , model etc...
Now that is operating in tight quarters!
Mini excavator Hello I am from Central Victoria. It is a Komatsu PC01 570mm wide. Other contractors laugh at it when it comes on site, they say they can do it better with a shovel. Have a look at posts #51, #55, #60 page4 mjt
Pay no attention to those who knock your equipment. No one could out shovel it on their best day. Maybe make sone extra side money on betting with the big mouth on the job sites.... Thanks for the information. I'm seriously going to look at buying one for around my home....looks perfect to me....
Water retention we still digging storm water into it couldnt finish out flow one of the boys got hurt so we had to move to another stage of it the shed feeding is about 3 acres in size
I don't know how I lived without this over grown shovel/wheelbarrow! Loading a boulder that will be carried into a small backyard. Did not even have to unload the 008 to get the boulder. Hauling heavy Rail Road Ties. Cleaning up 14 landscape beds downtown. This Mini of a Mini sure has been a great addition to my small Landscape company equipment roster.
Hi MJT i have one of those Komatsu PC01 in the old turquoise/blue colour,what a fantastic little machine they are! i imported it from Japan to build and extension on my house in South Wales UK. People say to me that it is too small but i tell them the main difference between using a PC01 and a shovel is that you can keep going with the PC01 and you don't get tired and ache as with using a shovel. Ian
The window tint and a/c are things that I'm dreaming about these days - some days I feel like I'm sitting in a solar powered oven. I picked up an 80cm wide digging bucket from an old Massey Ferguson TLB and adapted it for my q/h. I'll try to remember to post some pictures after I install the new teeth.
It's the heat that doing it for me at the moment snowing the hill's at the moment. I picked up a 900mm bucket a few months ago use it all the time I'll get a pic of it tomorrow.
I got to it sooner than I thought.
You have done a good job of that bucket. What brand of quick hitch is that joispoi. This is my 900mm bucket I use it more than the other buckets
Got a pic of you digger joispoi
Thanks hmearth. Fancy teeth you've got there on your bucket. The quick hitch is a Cangini CR50. I had the option of coughing up 350 euros for a blank adapter to weld to the bucket or spending 75 euros at a local machine shop to have the pins custom machined to work with the quick hitch. I didn't have to think to long about it. I took a picture at work today. Working near a dairy farm. I had a bit of concrete curbing to pull up around the pool and a pad to cut as the outdoor pool is going to become an indoor pool. I'm going back tomorrow to finish the the cut and to dig the foundations. I forgot to take a picture with the 80 cm bucket. Here it is anyway.
Tiger teeth great in hard dirt not so great around services Must be good doing you own work its been over 3 years since i did one of my own jobs
These days, the only thing good about doing any work is getting paid. It's been feast or famine the last few years.... and at that, it's more famine than feast. I do some subcontracting work. I don't care whose name is on the sign in front of the job. The only thing that matters to me is that the person writing me the check is happy with my work. If you can keep busy and make a living while someone else deals with the customers and puts in the extra hours chasing people down for money and getting contracts signed....maybe you're doing something right.
Very well said and unfortunately the truth.
Yes there are a lot of guys here in the same vote you could say I was in the right spot at the right time but it will come to an end one day then because I been away for so long it will hurt and I do hope you boys pick up and do weĺl because USA does reflect on us a bit
This pic doesn't really show how big the stump is, but this sucker had roots intertwined with other trees...it reminded me of the Mother tree on Avatar...felt a pang of regret, but I felt better knowing this Mother will never hit my RV.
Ok so the F250 is not a mini excavator but it is my pride and joy Sorry can not rotate F250 picture
Good looking equipment, and the F250 too ! When I was there (1970's) only had Ute's that were pass cars with a box great all around unit for farms etc but no towing. What engine in your F250 ?
Hey jack345 it's got a 5.8l EFI auto transmission love driving it.
Another day at the grind stone.
You live on the other side of the world? What's with the tank?
There's 2 of them at the front entrance of the job I've been working on
HR-16 Terex stumping
looks like a mouthful for the terex !!, How do you like it, I thought the cylinders on top of the boom are a good idea.
I didn't until I saw this picture! Good job.
Had it for a couple years now no problems,runs good ,plenty of reach,the cyl on top is a real good design
That is a mighty effort
Haven't put it to work yet. Just played with it a bit.
A pic of the day I brought Yanni home (Yanmar 35-5). Had 155 hours on the meter. Its got 630 now not a lick of trouble. This thing has dug my sewer, rooted out trees. built a rock retaining wall, weeping tile, lifted countless trees, and demolished a house to name just a few jobs. By far the most fun is tearing down and old building. Theres just something about demolishion that gets the heart pounding.
I finally got a new one and love it
Welcome to HEF ! Way to make a grand entrance with a Shiny new CAT..... Sweet machine. I too am a Huge CAT fan....
E55 So far our E55 does what we need it to do.
My old grab was worn out so I got this one from better built buckets in Sydney 2 two after ordering it, it was here just in time
very cool mate
Looks good. More pic's pls. I need something similar. Thxs
Just plain jealous. :notworthy If I ever had the money, I would be all over the E42 or E55. Probably the E55 as it's lifting force puts mine to shame. I get some nasty root pans that are a pain to move. The bucket and blade pin maneuver works for me, but it takes a lot of jockeying to it right. Then I'm tiptoeing all the way to the slash pile.
Looks good hmearth. What are you working on these days?
Small machine - big rocks ! Drenching trough old stone-pile: Small machines can also make a big mess
Hi joispoi I finish that job I've been on for the past year and starting a new roundabout on the highway just out of town
Greetings from Europe! Our brandnew Kobelco SK55SR. Equipped with quick coupler and Powertilt. Really nice and strong compact machine. Bought from our Austrian dealer http://www.kohlschein.at/en/
Welcome cava dash 6 nice machines
Our mini Takeuchi and JCB
Welcome to the Forums Cava!:drinkup
Nice looking machine....
We always rig them similar to the second picture - lift point on top of boom and lift points at ends of blade. The mini Takeuchi looks like it's hanging from the cab lifting tabs. Scary!
New member... I read a post this morning about lurkers and active members so figure I should make a post... We don't do much digging, as much fun as it is to dig holes. We install helical piles with our Volvo ec25 mini. It is - 4F here now so we are retired for the winter. Cheers
argh... sorry about the rotated photos.
Sandy Oregon I'm using mine (Bobcat 442) to move underbrush, knock down trees, and dig up stumps. Its been good to me so far.
Took delivery of the new CAT 303.5 just before Thanksgiving. Has 30 hours on it now.
Did you take advantage of the package deal offered by the dealer? I've been considering that.
Yes, everything in the picture came with the machine plus a few extras that I haven't received yet. I added the hydraulic thumb and the quick coupler. I have been contemplating upgrading from my old 2004 302.5 for some time and this package deal fit my needs and budget. The security system on the new CAT mini ex line is nice.
Nice tidy unit you there ga_boy
Our old Volvo EC35 with a 36" grading bucket and a smaller digging bucket (24" maybe). It definitely would have been nice to have a thumb!
New Case with Rototilt
i had to rent a 418 bocat and an s70 to dig for a fountain in a hotel that was being renovated that mlk and Mohammed ali used to stay in back in the day and the best part was i needed to drive through doors only 39" wide to get in i was using the little s70 to remove the excess fill so i could haul it away. fun job
Bobcat E35 & Toyota Huski SKD-9 Hi there guys, this is my new excavator,very impressed so far with the "Bobcat" excavator, its powerful,fast and very fuel efficient compared to my previous two machines.
Those 442's seem to be pretty good machines and a nice size too. I operated a brand new one back in 2005 and loved it, I demo'd a Terex TC-75 a couple years ago and thought it was a nice machine too just too bad it had the Terex badge on it instead of Bobcat or Schaeff as they once were. Hope it serves you well.
Those tilt-rotators are fantastic attachments I got to use one in 2011 on a New Holland/Kobelco 5 tonner and it took a little bit to get use to but extremely versatile and flexible. It would be nice if one of the North American manufacturers would start building their own so they don't have to be imported from Scandinavia, my boss said theirs added an extra $20,000 to the cost of the machine. Something else to put on my 'want' list. lol
Rented a Bobcat 324 to put in a power cable for my sister's new garage this fall with a 12" bucket. Also dug a small hole below the basement window to put in a piece of weeping tile for when we re-grade her backyard in the spring. The little machine ran pretty good for the most part but digging in our heavy gumbo certainly put some strain on it. I've been thinking about getting something similar for the last couple years but fitted with a tilt-rotator for digging backyard ponds, pools and other related landscaping work.
Is the smell of a new excavator the same as a new car ? I would love to find out some day for my self ! forgot to post with reply , this is for the new bobcat post
Here's my TB125 Takeuchi, Wain-roy QT, remote hyd with thumb, 3700hrs, 80% tracks, runs and drives well so far!
Yeah the smell of a new excavator is a wonderful thing....till you see the monthly payment of course. ;-)
TAK makes a nice mini....
After seeing this one at the dealership in Brandon, MB I thought right away I have to try that out for myself when I get back home. So a few days later the wife and I had to go the city for something and the boss asked if I could pick up a hydraulic oil filter for on our machines so I went and tried out the Baby Duck and even tried digging a hole with it behind the building and found it to be a really nice little machine. Just wish I could find enough work to buy one now. lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDdODpSO2VQ
Great thread. Let's see some more
I have not posted in a while but do like to see pictures of other peoples equipment so here is mine working on a small residential drainage project:
Impressive how you managed to keep your mess contained...narrow bucket and soil that holds it shape helps. I do the same with my 4 ton, and it looks a 40 ton went through.... Great portfolio pics. Can't get much cleaner than that.
My New Holland EH-27B SR, I love this thing.
Nice machine Timt. What is the weigh on that little guy ? HP ? Etc.....looks like a great machine
The machine weighs about 6,000 lbs, as it is set up. Built by Kobelco as are most of the New Holland's. Very strong machine. Yanmar 3TNV82A-SYB Diesel at 21 hp.
What dealer is this I would like to check them out next time I am down.
TimT I got to try a Case CX25 (at auction) but it seemed like a great machine, very smooth
The EH-27B looks very similar in specs to my Takeuchi TB125. I love my machine. So far I haven't found something it won't do, it just takes longer than a larger machine. Since I can tow it with my 2500HD, I like the size. I'd need to upgrade to a 5th wheel to tow much larger than a 10k machine....
My latest purchase. Kubota U50-3. Still yet to Buy a quick hitch/ tilt bucket or tilt hitch.
looks good.
Here's a pic of my 2008 430 ZHS Bobcat at a job I just did. Then when my Bobcat grows up he wants to be just like his big brother ( my new 2015 Doosan dx140 LCR-5) ��
I like you doosan how do you find it
So far I really like it! I love the cab and creature comforts! and it is amazingly quite inside while operating. Operation is smooth, nice and easy to finesse the controls and responds wonderfully to input. The only thing i think is a little less than perfect would be the travel motors tend to feel a little touchy on initial movement.
Looks great your attached pic here @lndscpe.
Forks on a cat. Good idea or bad. "] https://youtu.be/MermiEy5zGI
Here is my KX057 just after it was unloaded from the trailer. I now have 180hrs on it. It's a great machine, no problems so far. I use it for cleaning up my property and at times wish it was just a little bigger but then again at times I wish it was a little smaller.
Mom Bought Dad & I a New Toy Kubota KX 121-3 6 way Delivered Friday 9-18-15 313 hrs on the clock Had Kubota Quick- Attach (Don't know if I like it .... can't run bucket backward) 24" Bucket 36" Smooth Bucket Had Dealer install Kubota Hyd Thumb Rubber Tracks (Would rather had steel) A/C Put it to work Saturday unloading 42 logs off the gas line ROW on the mountain. Loaded the logs on the tag-a-long with the little Bobcat B300 TLB with a grapple on the front. Sweet Machines !
And for what its worth, i HATE mowing the lawn anyway......
Used my TB125 to place a bunch of boulders along a seawall near the ocean. This tidal river eroded the bank after the last hurricane and needed to be rebuilt. Fun work.
There was a lawn under that?! You have to show an 'after' pic...
Carrying a dead spa (empty). The mini picked it up with ease!
Just a few weeks old to me...picked up with around 250 hours on it. Has been great so far! 2015 Takeuchi TB260
TB260 is a great machine. I am a CAT man because its works for me but I ran one of these on Monday and Tuesday of this week and loved it....powerful little digger. Great controls, quick cycle times, comfortable....just a nice straight forward mini X !
Welcome to the Forums Back Roads E&C!:cool2 Nice machine, I like the Tak's. Haven't ran too many of them but they seem to be solid machines.
My latest pair of Deere 27D's.
Welcome to the Forums Rentalstop!:drinkup
Here's my 60G, I bought it new in August and have about 330 hours on it so far. I wish I would've bought an 8 ton but so far it's done almost everything I've asked of it. I looked at Doosan and Cat but they wouldn't let me demo them, so I went with what I could try.
Nice looking digger you have there. If you had an 8 tone digger you be wishing you had the next size up i know i do.
2002 kobelco sk35sr2 Here's a picture of mine. Hoping to get a 8 ton in the next few years. Thinking a Kubota or a deere Here's a picture of mine. Hoping to get a 8 ton in the next few years. Thinking a Kubota or a deere but hhaven't got enough work yet. Might upgrade the truck and trailer first though.but hhaven't got enough work yet. Might upgrade the truck and trailer first though.
Low Maintenance Below is a pic of my current mini-excavator. I am hoping to upgrade soon. I have noticed that the breakout force on both the bucket and the arm seem to be less and less each time I use it. I had it checked out at the dealer and they said it was operator error. Yeah right, what a bunch of BS, I will never buy another unit from them again!
best posting ever! I might have just wet my pants.
That's a good one
Alternator went on bobcat 442 yesterday, guess how we got finnished! ointlaugh
To be honest I got it for free and pretty much built it from the ground up. I have a client that I do tons of diesel work for. I was at his contractors yard after fixing a 2001 F450 Utility body truck with the 7.3 diesel in it. I think he had dumped roughly about $20,000 into it from other mechanics and it still wouldn't run long enough to leave the yard. By the time I worked on it, it had sat about 5 years. Well you know how we get when our trucks run right, we want to offer our new born over it. I like all of the impossible situations for stuff like this, and he knew it. Well he looked over at the Mini afterwards and stated he was going to junk it. I think he did it more so thinking surely there was no way I could do anything with it. He didn't believe it would ever breathe again. The machine in-jested dirt into the intake after removing the air cleaner off the machine. Messed up the cylinder walls. He took the motor out, dropped it off years earlier at a re-build shop in Western Ma about 3 hours away. He never went back for it. I called the rebuild shop for the 4 cylinder Kubota motor, especially since he left the Hydraulic pump adapter plate on the motor when he removed it. Ironically, they still had it sitting collecting dust, and could not believe I was calling in reference to it. They of course wanted to be paid!! lol Long story short, after putting the motor in, flushing the entire hydraulic system, replacing quite a few of the hoses (this is the only thing I couldn't do myself because I don't have a crimper), brand new seat, paint, etc. This is what she looks like. Here let me show you what I started with:
Wow! You did a nice job piecing that puzzle together! Hope she treats you with as much love as you've given her....
Nice! Great job!
If that Scat excavator is even half as good as my 1750 skid loader you're going to love it. My loader is rugged and simple. Turn the key and it goes to work every time. I go looking for things I could fix on it but so far nothing has turned up.
Well to be honest guys I've been extremely surprised by both it's power, and what's capable of. I guess right now though I plan to sell it to get a bigger machine. I have a business partner that does complete house tear downs and this is just a bit undersized for it. I would like something right at the 100 series range. I even thought about trading it in towards it but it would be dumb in my mind to just trade it in after all the work I've put into it. It's also a two speed machine.
Kinda like an expensive lego kit! Lol Who built mini's for Scat Trak? Sure wish I could find a freebie sometimes.
Well if it makes you feel any better it was more than likely attached to the work I had done for him. To answer your question Libra made the Minis for Scat Trak, and Vermeer. Here's a link for them currently: https://specs.lectura.de/en/specs/construction-machinery/mini-excavators-libra
Now this is a pretty cool excavator! I wass wondering, how is this machine doing on slopes? Is it stable enough?
Seems stable enough for me. I've been on pretty steep embankments. Other than feeling like I was going to fall out of the machine I was fine.
Wow...amazing. What size of motor is in there? It must have some pep. Never heard of that brand. How he managed to ingest dirt sounds interesting...occasionally, and with much cussing, I've stuck my tail into a pile of dirt. The exhaust port being low, sprays dirt inside the engine compartment, but I only ever see it scattered on the floor of the engine compartment. Do wish Bobcat had figured out that problem many decades earlier and put the exhaust port up top. One bugbear of mine...on calm days the exhaust lingers around cab, and my AC sucks it inside cab. The only time I've seen an engine intake suck in dirt is when a contractor helper managed to start a fire in his truck engine compartment (he wasn't the brightest bulb). So, with no water nearby, he hand scooped dirt onto his engine in an attempt to put it out. I recall the truck being a museum piece at the job site for a while...
V1305 4 cylinder Kubota. It's a 32 hp motor. It actually had some of the highest numbers available for the Minis back then. It is pretty powerful in my opinion. It's definitely a lot of fun to have around when your working as well. I think in your situation if you would have done the same thing without an air cleaner you might of had different results. Btw I had it up on Craigslist for a short time but couldn't bring myself to part with it even with people writing for it.
I meant the one on post 51.
My tb260 with mulcher head by Ellis Fab and Design, rock hound flail, and a really big rock.
I would cry taking that beauty into the woods and scratching it up. How many hours on the clock?
790 i believe. We try hard not to let anything touch it. However it happens, its not perfect. I also figure that we are primarily a forestry contractor so we will have to live with a few scratches if it means getting the job done correctly and quickly.
I thought I'd put up a pic of my new digger picked it up on Thursday.
I miss this stuff
thats a sharp looking machine…I like the power tilt bucket set up, and lots of Aux hydraulic ports, very nice. don't scratch it, that would be tragic
Very nice digger HM ! Tell us about it ? Weight, HP etc.....love the bucket setup. I used the same system on all my excavators. Not sure why you see very few of these in the USA bit I would not own a machine without one... Good luck with your new digger my friend !
Nice machine, paint scheme looks sharp on those.
Thanks guys power tilt is what makes this digger it tilts to a full 90% angle and has 47.5 HP engine same as the 85usb runs its a little digger with big digger comfort the bucket is a loner from Hitachi they didn't get the pin sizes right for the quick hitch I was lucky they had a new set of bucks in the yard I also had it fitted out with extra lights for this night shift job it's going on after easter
Good looking rig you have there Hock. You going to get a chance to run it much?
just picked up the u55. I really like it. lots of power and really quiet
one shot from a foundation I was digging and a back yard sod removal for a water conservation rebate that turned into 200 yards of export and wall footings and more grading then pavers and concrete. great client but I was glad to get off that one.
It good to see some pic's of some little diggers again
Yeh the kobelco was working a bit beyond it's ability so hopefully this one will be be able to keep up
New Cat 305.5e2, older Kubota KX-080, KX-040. I really like this Cat Mini, tons of power and so smooth.
Nothing like shiny new Iron. Good looking machine ....best of luck with it....not familiar with G&R..
Yep, that sure is a pretty Cat. I wish I had enough excavator work to justify owning one. But since I'll be 60 this year and won't be able to retire until after I'm dead...is it too late to rewrite my business model?
Thanks Guys, This is my first Cat piece of equipment and I am very happy with it. I chose it over the Tak 260 and the Kubota Kx-057 (both are very similar specs of My Cat with the long arm) because of the minimal tail on it, the others are conventional and I already have 2 of them. The Kubota u55 has zero tail but over a 1' less dig depth and reach, too close in spec with my KX-040.
Giles and Ransome dealer is in Eastern PA, Del, and NJ, total of 8 locations,, but there is one about 3 miles from my office so it is very convenient.
That's a good looking fleet you have there Plumber. How many hours do your Kubota mini's have? How are they holding up?
Thank You. The machines have low hours on them in my opinion, never idling(lol). The 80 has almost 1100hrs and the 40 has around 600hrs, both machines are great and holding up well. The 40 will probably go soon, doing most of my smaller jobs with the Cat, and the only thing I don't like about the 40 is its a little jerky/tippy booming out of a trench(and I'm pretty smooth) and all my operators say the same thing. I think conventional tail on a machine that small is a waste, I replaced a Case CX36b(zero tail) to get the 40 and probably shouldn't have because the 40 is bigger, but not that much to justify loosing the confined space work with the tail end, the Case was just getting up there in hours so it had to go. The Cat is a beast, it has lower HP then some of the machines in its class, but they must do something to their hydraulics because it has a ton of dig force. A great feature on the Cat is the rear camera that displays on the monitor in the cab, great for working in tight confined space areas,, and the quick coupler is awesome, never have to leave the machine to change buckets, and you can reverse the bucket to use as a shovel,, pretty cool setup. edit: I forgot to talk about the 80. The Kubota 80 is a great machine, very smooth, tons of power. We do most of our water main, sewer main and storm piping with this machine and has been a great purchase. Kubota, Takeuchi and now Cat are my 3 choices for smaller equipment, all 3 are great choices for anyone looking for a nice machine. Only other manufacturer I use is John Deere, but only their pippins(backhoes), I think they are built solid, still a lot of steel on them compared to others with so much plastic.
Automatic Pin Grabber bucket coupler is quite handy! Leave the pins in the bucket, leave pins in the hammer, and change attachments from the cab
Brand New One!! I traded my 2005 EH-27B used one for this 2014 O hr machine..... Could not pass up the deal they gave me. Same machine with a few improvements and they are giving me a new thumb also. Just waiting for it to come in. Best toy a man can have!!....next to my tractors anyway!
Nice machine machine TimT....great deals are always nice to get...
nice machine ,I really like the three post ROPS.
312e 307c and 305E2
Bought a new TAK TB290 on Friday morning, here is it sitting on the lot waiting to be loaded .....the driver followed me back to my farm. I put it right to work putting drain tile in My senior operator said it is an outstanding machine. He loves everything about. Cold A/C the most since it was 95 degrees the past few days. Darn it...I can never get my pictures right and can't seem to figure out how to rotate once posted....HELP !!!
Fixed
Thank you Sir...
mp If you are using windoze, using paint to open and rotate it.
Hey farmer, I think the TB290 was an excellent choice...I don't see many of those, but I really like the dual lift cylinders on the boom...that's unique to Tak in that size range. I'm surprised you didn't opt for steel tracks?? Keep us posted on how it works out...
Thanks. I thought so too... Nice intermediate size machined with some very nice features. Couldn't pass up the deal either. Steel undercarriage and rotator has been ordered and will be installed once it hits the ground at my shop. I ran it most of the day today. Plenty of power, fast cycle time, very comfortable, Ice cold air, very quiet and easy on diesel so far. More to follow as my men report back in on it with me. They are pretty critical and very much used to CAT iron so the jury is out on it for the time being. I like it quite a bit and since the note has my name on it that's all that matters for now....I booked two jobs for it this morning, so directly to the feild it goes....first job is very rough steep terrain, building a road and a house foundation about 2500 yards from the road, loads of big trees to move. I will get an idea on the thumb operation etc...Pretty descent specs on it but specs are never accurate. The seat of my pants however is highly calibrated....more to come on the little TAK.. We will also be doing a demo on the TL12V2 on these two jobs....it's good to not have all your eggs in one basket...and I like the brute power of the TAK equipment. Always have.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steel tracks AND rotator....!! My faith in you is restored....Boy, you do it right, I must say!! Would love to hear more about the TB290 & the TL12v2 (with some pictures) as you get some time with them.
Just picked up a new to me baby Menzi with a Rototilt tilt rotator. Should be fun. First job Monday. Graham If anyone can rotate the picture right way up please do. Thanks
Now that's a cool little machine. I would love to have one of those but maybe a tad bit larger. My next purchase will be a M545 Menzi 4x4 with rotator...biggest one they make. I have located a state side source and have already spoken to them about my needs and wants...Congrats and good luck with your new Menzi Muck
Thanks. M545 wouldn't fit the awkward jobs I do. There is also the problem of the cost! I can legally tow this behind my pickup in the UK which makes life a lot simpler. There were a few others at the dealer's yard.
I really like to size machind that you purchased after seeing all of them lined up. I would like to tow with a pickup truck myself....I think I see your readoning and tend to agree. I think the size you purchased with the rotator is perfect.
I tend to do lots of small jobs, two or three days, so haulage is big part of the deal. Due to cost and legislation most people in UK tend to hire in specialist haulage for anything over about 2700kg unless they run a fleet of machines, which is a pain to organise and expensive if done too frequently. Graham
It find it very interesting to learn how other countries do business and what roadblock are put in place by government to prevent the small business from making money...I feel you made the best choice of machine based on what do on a regular basis. Why is haulage in the UK such an issue Graham ?
With a pickup the maximum weight allowed to be towed is 3500kg for some, most less. Once you get above 7500kg train weight you need an operators license which involves exams, cost and masses of paperwork. Then the trucks have to have very regular inspections and are subject to lots of regulations regarding width and length. Had 20t Cat on hire a few weeks ago and because of the width (standard undercarriage) the hauliers have to give some government agency two days notice of moving it. Then there is the cost of fuel. Yesterday I paid £1.26 per litre for diesel and at the moment it is relatively cheap, although it is creeping back up. Graham
Still £1.10 a litre up here, Graham. Nice machine, by the way. What kind of work are you doing?
That price was on the motorway, but I needed fuel. Mainly MOD, but some private jobs such as stream clearance in places you can't access the banks so stand in the water. Graham
Are you running on bio oils for that work?
Yes, Panolin. Graham
That's a real nice machine, good luck with it PAFARMER.
Whoever rotated the picture right way up -thanks Graham
here's my submission, a 2004 IHI 28-N with 2700 hours. Manual thumb, for now, and plenty of Isuzu engine power to tug on stumps and rocks. These work horses always get passed up and are really a great bang for the buck machine!
Very nice.....great machine....
I bought this 2015 308e2 today. It seems like a sweet machine only played with it for a few minutes in the dealers sand box. It has just under 500 hours on it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is my 2010 U35. Just added the hydraulic thumb! Fun toy for sure and makes a great addition to my farm!
Beautiful machine.
Thanks! Had to save for a long time, just glad that I have one at my disposal now, it's nice to be able to just go out and work on a project without having to worry about a rental or something else coming up...
congrats on your new machine. looks clean . how many hours?
Nice looking digger! Who makes the thumb?
Thank you! 1106 last time I looked.
Thumb is made by a small fab shop in Minnesota called Showtime Fabrication. Real nice bunch of guys. The thing is SUPER beefy. I have some more pictures and video of the thumb, painting and installation, stuff like that if people are interested. I could start a new thread about it, so I don't jack this one.
That would be great! Look forward to it....
I'll try to post some stuff later today, I have some youtube video and pics. Thanks for your interest!
Here are my toys 04 Thomas t35 bought brand new, works every day with not one break down, 03 bobcat 341 and an 03 bobcat s185
Does the Deere dealer stock minis? Here in western Mo I find few...pity. They would sell them if they had then.
Tell us a little about helical piles that you install? This is something net to me.
...new to me.
So...., you should have had some time by now with the new TB290 & the TL12v2. Care to tell us the good, the bad & ugly about both of them, with some pics?? On the TB290 specifically, you might want to post your opinions on my thread at Also, I think you once said that you do some ****** restoration work, & would post some pics...Got any??
Looking at my previous post, I see that I forgot to make it clear that I was directing it to PaFarmer ..... Also, I did type "****** restoration work", but it always displays as *******, what's going on?? So, let's try "restoration work on streams"...., that works!! Otherwise, please forgive my screwups...
Hanix 26
Wow- love the dump "truck"
Hey what model is the mini and compact track loader 305 and a 299
Here is a couple of pics of my 304C CR with new glass . With temps in the teens and twentys we really needed to get the windows replaced to seal up the cab. We also replaced the door seal and got the heater working.
here my contribution
how do you post a picture from my iPhone?
I email the pictures to my computer and save to my documents and then post via go advanced post in the lower left corner
Curious about the line running on the blind side of boom? Yep, a cab with heat and all of it's glass makes life quite comfortable in inclement weather. Wish my Bobby was under cover in this weather...need to get a shed built next year.
thanks... in a previous post someone asked about cleaning the under carriage after getting it dirty... mines dirty all the time.. like I tell friends.. it's always fun when your stuck in an excavator.. big or small..
and here we have the custom "trackless" cat 304 amphibious version.. thank god for tree's and load straps..
That is a case drain line I fabbed to run a Gyrotrac rotary mulch head. It is a little to heavy for this machine, Should work well on an 80 class machine.
Other than a Bobby shed, it sure would be nice to have a drive through pond to clean the underside of Bobby. Even though I have no bogs like a few of you there do, cleaning the undercarriage is such a tedious job! Even with a high pressure hose, it takes me a good hour plus. I used to have a naturally occurring wintertime puddle that got pretty deep, and it worked pretty well. Got the chunky stuff off, and all I had to do was a quick rinse. Since filled in puddle. hmmm...
Dam, I did tell her she could use it to.
007 - Very functional machines. No end to the uses.... Have to get a thumb...
So "mini" uses for these things!
Thanks for your comment and suggestion melli. Prob not the right place to chat but what ever. I was thinking instead of a thumb buying one of those Power Hound 4 way buckets. http://www.powerhoundattachments.com.au/excavator-attachments A little bit limited compared to thumb but for the clean up work i was planing would prob do the job. Carn't decide what size to buy 650,850,1050 etx Any thoughts?
Sorry it took so long, I forgot to reply to this post. I have a few vids on my channel of my U35 thumb, I'll post a link. There is some other stuff on there as well
Thanks a lot for the share. It will definitely help.
No problem at all. Sharing information is helpful I think!
New to the forum, little late to the post, but here is our 305.5e. We use it for small grading, drainage, and demo work.
Looks a nice machine. It is surprising how much you can get done with a 5t machine. Hugely quicker than a 3t or smaller. I guess you can probably haul that with a pickup where you are. Graham
New Mustang for 2017
Repainted K008?
That little guy may fit inside the cab of the truck! LOL Sure would beat a shovel in tight spaces however.
I was on a little Kubota once, a labourer reckoned he could outdid me with a spade and pick. He could for five minutes.... As for the Mustang above, that looks like a publicity picture rather than an owner or operator's machine. It looks a bit cheap in design, the hose runs are a bit crude in particular. I doubt the track drive hoses will last long, and the bucket ram bracket couldn't get a lot flimsier. I've got a 13 year old K008 for a hobby machine and I can get any part for the entire machine new. Wouldn't swap it for one of those.
It's a Yanmar built machine but I don't know the comparable Yanmar model number. I do know we have been using Yanmar built Mustangs for over 3 years now and have not have one break yet!
Been using Kubotas on and off for over 30 years, and ditto.
Here's my wagon loaded up Yanmar ViO 20
It's a Yanmar SV08-1B
Just got delivered this morning. Never ran a mini ex before so need to put some hours on it. Will be for use just around the house like getting stumps out. Ordered a ripper but it's on back order. Getting a small pole barn built to park it in since my shop door is too short.
Looks good. What kind of work you have planned for it?
Looks a nice machine. You can't go wrong with Kubota. Graham
The main use right now is for stump removal. I'm sure other projects will come along around my house later on. Got to put some time on the thing though. I give you guys a lot of credit for being able to operate an excavator skillfully. Sure ain't as easy as you guys make it look.
Well right now you have to think about what lever and which way to push it Get some hours in the seat and it will be automatic
It's unbelievable how many things one can do with a mini, I use mine about every week to either lift something , reach something, etc. I don't know how I survived so many years without one !
Yeah, I think it will be a good addition to my tractor for getting a lot of work done.
I've got to get on the plasma table and get a thumb cut out
New toy arrived today. Menzi Muck A61. Weighs about 7.4 metric tonne. Walking excavator with Engcon tilt rotator. Didn't have time to paint the upper structure before putting it to work, but hopefully do that in next couple of months. Graham
Got a new worker...Takeuchi TB260 and a pic of what it replaced, more or less a bulletproof machine, Kubota 161-3...hope the Tak treats me just just as well....
Got a couple stumps out today since the weather was nice.
This would be SO MUCH BETTER if I could figure out a way to get this combination LOADED ON THE TRAILER!!!!
[QUOTEThis would be SO MUCH BETTER if I could figure out a way to get this combination LOADED ON THE TRAILER!!!![/QUOTE] It looks like it is on a quick hitch, so drop it longways on the trailer and track over it. Of you don't have enough clearance add boards under the tracks until you do. Graham
Bobcat looks great. Is that an extending dipper? Graham
Yep...wasn't originally on my want list, but after demo'ing it, pretty convenient. Dealer gave me $2,500 off the option price. Couldn't refuse.
A little more reach when you need it is always worth having. I'm sure you will be pleased with it. Graham
Just took delivery of my new Kubota U55-4.
Nice! Congrats.
[QUOTE Just took delivery of my new Kubota U55-4.[/QUOTE] Looks great. Is that a Helac power tilt? I used to have one before the Engcon Tilt rotator. Very handy bit of kit. Do you find the window tint mkes much difference to the cab temperature? How do you get on with it in the dark? Graham
Hi Graham, the Tilt Hitch is a (Miller Power Latch Tilt), made in the UK. The window tint is pretty much standard here in Australia on a cab machine, the sun is pretty strong and it helps the A/con slightly.
Havn’t Tried that particular one, but the idea is very good and Miller make some good stuff. Keep contemplating tinting windows on my cabbed machines as they don’t have air con. Graham
Here’s a couple of my toys Yanmar ViO 20 & ViO 55
I like the big bucket on the 20! Hard to find a used one that size to that hasn't had the tar kicked out of it....
2008 JD 27D. Yes, it's dirty as all get out. I just got it home and haven't had a chance to wash it yet after 2000km of winter roads.
Maybe dirty but not all beat-up looks good !!!
Just finished painting it. 2006 Bobcat 331.
Looks about right for that machine
As a garage?
Here is my midi. Bought in December, been working on it ever since, was pretty much a basket case, really ugly and lots of things screwed up on it. Price and the condition of the engine and cylinders convinced me it was worth the effort. Still need to paint the under carriage, waiting till good weather to clean it and prep for paint.
Looks in beautiful condition now. First glance thought it was new. Graham
Nice looking machine. It sure doesn’t look like a basket case now!!!
Thanks, It runs really well and is actually quite smooth to operate. My last machine was a new 2014 JD 60G. I would say this machine is just as smooth. As part of the work I did, all the bucket end pins and bushing were replaced. Bought the Komatsu bushings where I could, but the set right on the end of the stick were no longer available, so I machined those up, and also machined up the 4 pins needed. Added an Amulet brand quick connector, which required reworking the thumb. My Hitatchi and John Deere both had the wedge style quick couplers, I much prefer this pin Style. There are no tools needed to change buckets. The wedge style I always kept a ratchet and a pry bar on the machine for bucket changes
Purchased this 2012 Yanmar VIO 55 last week. It will sit here until the ground thaws....but looking forward to using it. The backhoe on my tractor was just not getting jobs around the property done quick enough.
Hey guys Been around a while And now I have something to post here My 2007 cat 302.5c Complete with hydraulic quick couplers and hydraulic thumb As well as a stack of buckets that would make most guys jealous
Why did the pictures stop?
My U55-4 Kubota lifting chicken house before demo...checking for snakes and other animals that might be underneath; and moving 1500 lb rocks for placement down driveway.
Here is one of mine.
and my TB240
And lastly my TB016 doing backfill work
308 on demo job laid over
304 with case drain line
What happened to make it tip over?
Peter, nice looking wall job there. I like the forks!!
Operator set up on the slab in front of the house. There was nothing under the slab. At some time it had been dug out to expand the basement with no support. Lesson learned dig to stable earth. I just paid it off this month. I have 2 body panels to replace in 2022.
That's way too bad. After the tip, did engine have to be pulled and rebuilt? What else?
Replace 2 windows. We had upright in about 15 minutes. Let it sit for about 30 minutes and fired it up and went back to work.
Looks like this is an old thread but I’m in.
Mine has been all over the pages. Here is the recent vid on the tower crane hook.
Dahm that's lucky it wasn't a lot worse.
My ole beater machine getting a little dirty.
I think all excavators should come from the factory with a hyd. thumb. Them oak stumps are kinda heavy too.
I am so fighting off trading for a u48-5. Kinda waiting to see if the 040 gets upgraded to a -5. The 057 puts me over 26k. The new u48 seems a little more able than the 040…1000lb more and 12” more track, along with more flow. Really like the kx057-5 though…
Close to being able to use it
I have owned this since brand new, its been a reliable one.
That's an oldie but a goodie! Those things were damn near impossible to brake. I rented one years ago for a couple of months, I remember it being a good strong machine but it's swing speed was rather slow. After renting the 191 I ended up buying a used KX151 with 1500 hours, my first mini x. That was a good machine too.
beater?
A little sarcasm just for the fun of it
Maybe a little more NWBC (Telegraph Creek/Dease Lake) than most but here I am with my Yanmar Vio 35-3
Tyler...love your shop! Trying to get mine built so I can put in mill, lathe, surface grinder etc.
The 309
Today at 247 hours my KX057-5 had the second regen (15 mins). Can't believe only 2 regens so far. From what I'm hearing most 057-5 owners are having a regen at 70-80 hours. Not a single fluid leak of any kind so far either! Yep, I'm happy.
We have all the above. Its actually my dads and uncles shop. I basically grew up in there if I wasn't in school I was there. Now its at the day job or there. The day job always is getting in way of the important work.
Couple questions if you will. On the -4 machines you can see the ground past the rubber floor Mats around the track controls, basically its not a sealed cab. Did they address this in the -5 cabs? The cabin filters are a joke on the -4’s, I actually retrofitted the svl cabin filter and sealed the intake on my 040-4. Did they upgrade cabin filtration? Thanks.
Can't see through my floor at all with rubber mat lifted up so it is sealed up good. Removed the a/c filter at the 200 hr service and no problems there. Filter was not very dirty at all.
good news to hear.
My 93 Hanix S&B300. Not the prettiest machine but it sure moves a lot of dirt
Very interesting thread, thought I'd bring it back with some pics of my own. Picked up this little U35-4 Kubota a couple weeks ago: Makes a great combo with my SVL65-2: I'll post some more working pics when I get them, have some interesting jobs coming up for this pair...