just random picts from this week
and yet some more even the infamous BIG CAT PIP!!!
wow that rock wall is looking nice
even got a shot of our sexy street sweeper
some more
Uh oh... you wouldn't be loading up your truck on company time would you? lol Great pics. Your makin me feel bad with all this snow we have.
nope was after work all the millings i can get
Man that place looks loads different since I was there in... August:beatsme I forgot we even HAD a street sweeper. Is that the swamp six parked in front of the 8? Nice pics as always Kevin, thanks for sharing. keep them coming!:notworthy
yep its the swamper ... I guess the last pad was signed off on thursday (lowes).. BJ said the 365 was newer not sure yet I'll find out monday . I'm not on the base BJ said just down the road I'll post picts as soon as I can....
That giant Vermeer leveler wouldn't happen to be a Myers machine, would it? Keep 'em coming, those pics are as good as ever! :notworthy But why is the Gradall being hauled in on the lowboy?
why do you call the 6 a swamper?.....i was going to say when I was at Exeter in December it sounded sick...sounded like it didn't want to stay at RPMs....
in jersey we called em a wide track.. here they call em swamper's or l.g.p.
It's an LPG D6, we use it a lot in DE where it's really soft, and it just sort of got the nickname the swamper. **edit... hoeman beat me to it:drinkup** THe "constantly losing RPM" sounds almost like the operator was getting kinda bumped around a bit, and going on and off the decelerator. They are pretty touchy on the D6r series 2's, so that could be it.... or maybe not.:beatsme
that leveler did work in in my neck of the woods bout 6 months ago.
Cool pics!
the last days of the D9 maybe for good. and pic of lime and the grinder thing.
Nice pic man, really like the one of the 9:notworthy I really don't get why they didn't bring those soil stabilizing guys in from the start.... sure needed it.
is that a pirate saturdays flag like vantagetes was always talking about what happend to him anyways burnout must have scared him away
great pics that terrain leveler and lime spreading equipment sure is cool!
not sure why their gettin rid of the d9 skip says we got alot of work in md where im goin!!. i'll be runnin a 365. shurly theirs work for a 9'er:beatsme
Haha, I didn't scare him away....yet. I am trying to get him to come join the Dark Side of Sureway.
yes that my pirate flag for saturdays.
here are some pic of the soil nail wall first pic is back in Dec next pic is them shooting the first bench and the last one is the 3rd bench down. the wall will be around 50 ft high when done.
what was the need for the swamp mats, don't look that bad. maybe I'm just used to working in liquid!
:beatsme
I was using 4 mats total 2 stack on top of one another, that section of dirt was around 40% moisture, ever try swinging a 5 yd bucket sittin on jello? it sucks
sweet picture keep them going
Good looking pics! Soil nail walls, good times, spent my time around one last summer. Looks like you guys are drilling into rock? We were stabilizing hardpan for the first 15 feet, the other 25 feet was sand. A drilling crew did all the wall stuff, my crew did the mass ex for the hole (parking garage) and cut the walls for soil nails. I spent a fair amount of time on that job running laps around the hole working with a guy in a 200 to guide him in vertically facing the wall within 1" tolerance either way. It was good experience, those soil nail walls are interesting and our tolerances were hard core. The drilling crew would drill and shotcrete 500 feet a day, we stayed 1 day ahead of them. As a first year apprentice, my boss gave me a lot to handle, had me stressed out all day, every day.
Did somebody say Pirate???
Great pics! Got any more of that Terex ADT?
vantage tes where have you been lol and where are the new video of the 385
I'm always around, just haven't been posting. I usually check all the new posts ever couple days, have to admit I don't think I've ever looked in this section before though. Usually take a peek in "industry" and then hit each of the "earth moving" sections, "forestry equip" and then bail. 385s been parked since Dec 12 at 1:07pm MST, I put her in the lineup with the other 385, the 375, 345 and 850. Sad times in Calgary right now. 200+ operators, 30+ mechanics, 5 fuel, 4 lube a couple foremen and some people in the office sitting at home. They have around 6 foremen on machines working 4 on 4 off to try to keep working, one of the supers is now the foreman for that site. The whole company maybe has 15 or so out of the 300 usual employees working. Don't wanna hijack this thread too bad so I guess you can PM me if you wanna know more, like I said I'm around just lurking =) P.S. anyone wanna hire a really good hoe/dozer/scraper/grader/processor/forewarder/skidder hand? I think my youtube account should cover the references/resume part
What this machine is using for? I've never see that equipment before! Frenchy
It mixes lime into the dirt to help stabilize it.
yea that site had very poor soil that they just couldn't get to dry...winter time didn't help much either correct me if I am wrong bigcat, hoeman, or jimbruce but if i remember the one parking lot was having some troubles with the soil under it
Been there, fixed that before. We had a wet job to begin with, ran it most of the winter. Lime stabilized the building pad, so they could build during the winter. Next spring came, and we finally got rid of all the slop soil. Everything underneath what was placed was bad. Couldnt pass a proof roll to save our life. Brought in the CMI, and mixed the top 2 foot of fill with portland cement. No more proof roll issues.
In this particular situation that is what it's doing, but I've seen photos of similar machines grinding down and pulerizing rock(plenty of that there too) and concrete, you can also exchange the head for a trencher belt as well. Just the one parking lot? lol:Banghead. It's been a few months since I set foot on the job, but back in the summer we were discing lime pelts into the fill trying to dry it out. It worked ok then, but I think this method is much more effective. That job has two things on it... rock and slop... nothing in between, so the land leveler can munch up any rock as well as mix the lime and mud.
I know um as bogtrotters although if you get into a real peat bog even they find it hard to trot Great pictures hoeman :notworthy
WOW! Thats what you guys use for lime? We run CMI tillers or old Gater tillers around here, I thought that machine was for millin rock down, looks like be pretty expensive to run for tillin in lime.
it is expensive, but the spec. for the pad say that it needed to be 3in - 4 ft below finish floor grade. so we under cut 2 ft then grind 2 ft with lime. put a ft of stone on it. and called it done.
How did you guys make compaction on 2 feet of fill? When I was on the stabilization crew, we had one job specd 18 inches at a time, but even with the 815s we had problems making full depth compaction. It seems the top 10-14 inches would compact and bridge the remaining lift.
after the dirt was mix up we had the d-8 push out a foot then roll it then push back in.