Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pictures of our D31S

AJsOffroad ยท 2009-03-09 20:07

Komatsu D31S.

Replies8
  1. #1wolf442009-03-12 21:17

    what year is your toy?

  2. #2td25c2009-03-12 21:44

    Looks like a good tractor.The only thing I would do is build a "rops" cab for it.

  3. #3AJsOffroad2009-03-13 18:26

    We believe it is a 1979.

  4. #4cat 3852009-03-13 20:04

    holly crap i have not seen one of those in years the company i used to work for had one of those we use to use it for back filling around the foundation of a hospital we were working on and also for pipe trench's it was a great size for stuff like that,

  5. #5kochevnik2009-04-24 22:11

    Have you had to do many repairs to it ? How hard did you find it to get spare parts ?

  6. #6dcara2009-05-12 07:11

    Cool! Here's a pic of my 79 model I got this Feb. I see on yours you have a counter weight on the back. I need one of those since my bucket is over sized and it want to walk on its tip toes just a bit when I have an overfull bucket. I'm currently try to fix a left side spring cap which is causing the left track to be a little tight. I think I can weld the bracket back on if I can figure out how to compress the spring enough to rotate the bracket back into position. Does anyone have an idea on how to compress the spring? Below are pics of the broken left side bracket and the how it is supposed to look on the right side.

  7. #7dcara2009-05-25 18:34

    Ok I got the spring compressed by putting bolts in the sprocket valley and backing up. I was then able to fishout the bracket.

  8. #8dcara2009-05-25 18:39

    Oh yeah, I got the broken bracket off but I still have to get the bolts on the inside bracket out. Those bolts apparently had the heads torn off when the outside bracket broke. I'm starting to think I will have to remove the whole spring assembly. Since this is my 3rd post I hope that I will now be able to start a new thread.