Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pierce tower

jeff marson ยท 2020-12-24 19:14

Looking for pictures of pierce towers that were built in the 70 ies I think they mostly logged in Alaska thankyou

Replies7
  1. #1skyking12020-12-24 19:35

    We had them here in Washington too, I think.

  2. #2skyking12020-12-24 19:48

    Check out the top of this tower they are using for a signpost in Yelm. I guess it beats getting scrapped! https://www.google.com/maps/@46.933...4!1saE_EP8a3IDmj-Z5n4xl27Q!2e0!7i16384!8i8192 That is google street view, I will try to remember to take a picture when I get down there.

  3. #3Hallback2020-12-24 20:43

    That was installed by Bill Paulson who owned McPaul Cat & Crane. He is by far the sharpest & most knowledgeable yarder man in the lower 48. He owned that storage facility up until last year.

  4. #4skyking12020-12-24 20:48

    Small world indeed. Thank you for that detail.

  5. #5lantraxco2020-12-25 00:09

    Pierce Pacific? Still in Portland....

  6. #6skyking12020-12-25 00:31

    I had done some searching, they make some really fantastic machinery. Really grooving on the rail machinery. https://piercepacific.com/products/rail/ https://piercepacific.com/products/rail/

  7. #7jeff marson2020-12-29 00:28

    I have heard of one being scraped out in washington. I think they only made like 3or 4 haven't seen any advertising from the 70 hrs they were suppose to be a bigger yarder