Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pilot control valve d6n lgp

Kathy warren · 2025-03-19 22:12

the pilot control valve is leaking and sticking on my d6n serial number alyo1988 it’s a farm dozer and I don’t want to pay 2000 dollars for a new cat one ! And suggestions on any aftermarket cheap one that will work?

Replies12
  1. #1Shimmy12025-03-19 23:26

    The blade control valve??

  2. #2Kathy warren2025-03-20 05:07

    Yes

  3. #3Nige2025-03-20 09:57

    You do realize that piece parts are available and that valve is, at least theoretically, repaiarable.? Have you looked inside it yet.?

  4. #4Kathy warren2025-03-20 12:00

    It’s been replaced we thinking it may be a Chinese knockoff looks more like an excavator pilot control. Of course it doesn’t have a part number on it . Caterpillar parts guy told me it wasn’t original but I think southwest tractor has something that will work they are pretty good about things like this

  5. #5Kathy warren2025-03-20 12:09

    I bought this thing it has a new cat under carriage I’ve run it 100 hrs doesn’t use oil or have blow by . It’s just like the guy said just had some minor things I’ve fixed them all but this is all I like but I’m like him I’m not paying 2000 I will Jimmy rig something for my ranch use ! Lol

  6. #6Shimmy12025-03-20 21:52

    Good grief. You have a $50k machine, and you can't find $2000 to fix it right?

  7. #7Kathy warren2025-03-21 21:14

    Sorry I asked didn’t ask opinions just asked for help won’t post nothing else !

  8. #8Vetech632025-03-21 21:22

    If you have the cat part number you can google that and maybe find a used pull off

  9. #9Nige2025-03-21 22:49

    You're looking for a 240-9651 if you want the correct OEM pilot valve,used or otherwise. Here's a used OEM one on eBay AVSpare.com are showing aftermarket ones but I can't see the price.

  10. #10Kathy warren2025-03-22 08:01

    I found a hydraulic place to rebuild it finally all the older guys that know how are about gone . The guy told me he would use cat parts probably be around 700 cat told me to rebuild light end 2000 worst case 3100 ! The guy at the hydraulic place told me that was ridiculous. He actually called me this morning said it just needed seals ! Life is good again ! lol when he retires we are screwed around here he is 70 and still working! Thanks for all your help it is greatly appreciated!

  11. #11Vetech632025-03-22 08:54

    No problem Kathy. Come back next time you need something!

  12. #12Nige2025-03-22 15:15

    Be sure to come back and let us know how it worked out.