Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pin/Bushing Replacement

Bote ยท 2025-02-26 12:22

I replaced all the pins and bushings in my 580M backhoe bucket linkage and end of the dipper last year. I'm going to replace the pins and bushings in the rest of the backhoe this year while I'm waiting for the mud to dry. The machine hit 8000 hours last month and it's gotten more than sloppy. I plan to start with the swing tower and then do the boom and rest of the dipper followed by the cylinders. Any advice on sequence, disconnecting hydraulic lines, etc? Is it best to separate the swing tower, boom, dipper, etc. to reduce the weight of what I'm working on? I have a gantry crane, engine puller, and floor jacks to support everything during the job. I use a hollow ram and adapters to pull and replace bushings in place.

Replies0

No replies yet.