Early / Mid 70s International 3500A loader / 3152 backhoe. Looking for a source of oversided OD bucket / link bushings. Any one know of a list showing common bushing dimensions? My front bucket pins are 1 3/8" ( 1.372 actually ) Bushing OD looks to be 1.624 ish. The link the bushing presses in to is worn enought that 1.750 should make the hole round again. Pin hardness is 60 C , bushing is 58 C . Other pivots will need repaired, will be looking for lower boom bushings / swing pivot shaft also. Thanks
Source for oversized bushings? Man, I wish I could find something like that! I haven't found that yet. Until someone finds that, you have two choices for oversize/egg'd holes for pin bushings. 1) weld the hole and have it bored for proper bushing dimension, or 2) bore the hole larger to obtain a clean/round hole and have a machine shop make a steel bushing with correct pin bushing ID to drop in hole, weld bushing in, then install proper pin bushing.
It would be easy for someone making regular bushings to make slightly larger for worn holes. I'm guessing the market is too small / number of bushings to large. I'm hoping to find a bushing from another machine that has the proper dimensions. Who are the usual suspects for aftermarket pins / bushings? I have looked at Broken Tractor but they don't show dimensions or parts for IH.
Just go to a machine shop and give them the dimensions you want. It will only take them about 15 min to make them.
You can give us a call at National Bronze Mfg. We manufacture custom bushings right here in Michigan. Here is a link to our website and some other information: National Bronze Mfg. Cast Bronze Bushings Custom Parts or you can email us at [email protected]
Google "ebushings.com" or "joseph.com" I know little about either of these, but I have seen where these two places were mentioned on the forum.
I was thinking going this route on some worn pins on my hoe.My Cat dealer sells them and says feedback is all positive. Installation and Maintenance Instructions - Totall ... www.totallappraisals.com/docs/Expander Stepped Pin Instructions.pdf IF YOU ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THE EXPANDER SYSTEM WITH IMPROPERLY ... 1.3 If there are manufacturer installed steel bushings in the mounting lugs, it is recommended that they be removed and .... Expander Americas, Inc. P.O. Box ...
I don't know what resources are available to you but measure the pins and bushing outer diameter. Many times the are in 1/4 to 1/2 inch dimensions as far as diameter. Then see if there is a bushing built by another manufacturer that will match. this will require some homework. the other option is to have new pins and bushings built which can be done it's just about how much do you want to spend.
I have often gone through a Caterpillar catalogue to find oversize bearings for jobs. They have a big size range and its often about a quarter of the price you could make it for. I used to buy a bearing out of the 920 loader frame to put into a 140G blade bore. I think they were $9.85.