Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pin-on Bucket Mounting Specs

StumpyWally · 2012-05-08 22:37

I have been investigating adding a ditching bucket as well as a close-mounted quick coupler to my standard dig bucket collection. In the process I have tried to obtain the OEM pin-on bucket mounting specs, i.e., pin diameter, pin center-to-center dimension, & the pin mount face-to-face dimension. So far, I've been stonewalled by both OEM's & bucket manufacturers. The manufactures say they will make the bucket (or coupler) to OEM specs, but they refuse to tell me what they are! Moreover, on the 2 dig buckets that I have (one made by Geith, the other by Werk-Brau, but both supposedly made to OEM specs), the buckets have different pin center-to-center dimensions. This of course affects bucket breakout. So, can anyone explain to me what's the big secret about pin-on bucket mounting specs?? Why don't the OEM's just publish them on their respective web sites?? Or why don't the bucket manufacturers publish their collection of specs on their respective web sites?? In either case, then everyone would have easy access to the numbers. There are 2 reasons that I can think why this isn't done. One is that then all us users/customers might see that there is a lot of compatibility between OEM specs for a given class of machine & thereby be able to use our buckets on more machines. This of course could reduce business for the bucket manufacturers!! Or two , we would see that there is absolutely no compatibility between OEM specs for a given class of machine, & then loudly complain to the OEMs & demand that they fix such a ridiculous situation!! In the meantime the bucket manufactures would continue to prosper. Either reason would still allow the bucket manufactures to continue to sell quick couplers as a convenience, but make the process even easier because we could all find out the proper bucket mounting specs!! I can understand that there are proprietary issues involved in the design of various buckets, but there shouldn't be in the bucket mounting specs, which are entirely up to the OEMs. So, can anyone explain this sorry state of affairs??

Replies114
  1. #1Graham12012-05-09 03:34

    I agree it is a rediculous situation. I often get specialist attachments made and as you say the excavator manufacturers refuse to release mounting specs. The good thing with a hydraulic quick coupler is there is normally a couple of inches tolerance in the pin centre pickup and within reason, the pin diameter being a bit smaller is not a mojor problem in a lot of applications. Maybe we could start a list of compatable buckets. I'll start: Cat 320 fit JCB 220 Jcb 130 fit Cat 312 (but not the other way round as dipper too wide)

  2. #2JDOFMEMI2012-05-09 13:21

    This was posted firs a couple of years back. I forget who the original poster was, but it is valuble for what you are asking. It is not 100%, but is very helpful. View attachment EXCAVATOR PinCarrierDimensions.pdf

  3. #3Graham12012-05-09 14:29

    Thanks Jerry that is a help.

  4. #4Graham12012-05-09 15:53

    Came up with this website that has a lot of pin mounting data http://www.flanneryplanthire.com/pin-sizes.php

  5. #5RayF2012-05-09 19:56

    Unfortunately looking at that PDF in regard to pin diameters,they only mention nominal sizes. For instance an 80 mm pin is not usually 80mm for machining purposes. A Cat pin would be 79.83mm and an Komatsu likely 79.95. Before I line bore a bucket I normally ask for a pin to measure so I get it right.

  6. #6StumpyWally2012-05-15 21:02

    Jerry...That PDF of pin carrier dimensions was very interesting. I'm in the process of reformatting the list into an editable spreadsheet form, with some other improvements. I'll post it here in this thread soon when I finish it.

  7. #7StumpyWally2012-05-16 17:43

    Here is a ZIP of a new Excavator Pin Carrier Dimensions spreadsheet. You can download it & add to it or edit it as you wish. If you add new or corrected info, please upload the new one. NOTE: The spreadsheet is in EXCEL 2002 format for compatibility. It can be opened with the same or any newer version (e.g., v2003, v2007, 2010, etc.) But if you use a newer version, be sure to do a "save as" to the EXCEL 2002 format so that others who may not have your newer version will be able to open it.

  8. #8JDOFMEMI2012-05-17 02:28

    Thanks Stumpy.

  9. #9JDOFMEMI2012-06-10 22:38

    Refreshing this thread, does anyone have the dimensions for a Doosan/Terex 300? Any help is appreciated.

  10. #10JGS Parts2012-06-11 13:23

    what do you need mate the pin and ear sizes?

  11. #11JDOFMEMI2012-06-11 14:02

    I need the pin diameter, pin spacing, and stick width

  12. #12JDOFMEMI2013-02-11 01:25

    Here is an update. I got this list recently and thought I would post it as well to help out. It covers only Cat, but lists by family, and what machines they are typically found on.

  13. #13StumpyWally2013-03-19 18:06

    Jerry: I transcribed your Cat pin carrier dimensions, the best that I could read them, into an Excel spreadsheet, which I have attached. Please review & correct it against the original that you posted. Then return the corrected one to me, & I will endeavor to add the info to the master "EXCAVATOR Pin Carrier Dimensions" one that I posted earlier. NOTE: The spreadsheet is in EXCEL 2003 format. It can be opened with the same or any newer version (e.g., v2003, v2007, 2010, etc.) But if you use a newer version, be sure to do a "save as" to the EXCEL 2003 format so that others who may not have your newer version will be able to open it.

  14. #14spencer.duits2013-05-23 16:32

    Are your measurements of the ears from the inner or outer part of the ears? I am taking up a project to do something similar to what this excel sheet is accomplishing. On some of my measurements of buckets that should fit equipment, the specs I have are different in the ears. Thanks.

  15. #15StumpyWally2013-05-24 10:12

    Between the ears or hangers on the bucket, face-to-face, on the part that has to fit around the stick faces. I presume that is what you mean by "inner". The "outer" would be irrelevant. As to you coming up with different measurements, I would think that would be possible depending on the manufacturer of the bucket. Different manufacturers may have slightly different face-to-face hanger specs for the same machine, due to bad information from the OEM of the machine. Since the OEMs guard their bucket mounting specs like the crown jewels, I'm not surprised. That's what my list & your project hope to clarify. I would think that the stick width & link width, face-to-face, is much more important & consistent, since it is defined by the OEM of the machines. Have you found errors there?? I've got a request in for specs from Doosan thru my dealer, but no results yet. StumpyWally

  16. #16StumpyWally2013-05-31 11:06

    Updated Pin-on Bucket Mounting Specs Here is a ZIP of a new Excavator Pin-on Bucket Mounting Specs spreadsheet. I have added a revision history at the end, & based on input from some members, made major additions & updates for Cat, New Holland, & Volvo. You can download it & add to it or edit it as you wish. If you add new or corrected info, please post the new one, or send me the updated info & I will incorporate it & post the updated spreadsheet. StumpyWally

  17. #17JDOFMEMI2013-06-02 04:08

    Stumpy Many thanks for your work on this project. It is very helpful. I am sorry I have not had much time to get more info, as it is helpful to me so I like to be able to pass it along. I am currently looking for JD 330 specs. Anyone have input on them? I am mainly interested to find if a bucket for a JD 330 would work with a Cat range coupler on a 330C, with "D" link.

  18. #18Mr.Mel2013-06-13 16:25

    Hello To All, This topic of bucket mounting specifications is near and dear to my heart! I work for a Heavy Equipment attachment manufacturer and deal with this question of compatibility dozens of times a day for both Loaders and Excavators. We deal with most of the OEM players in the equipment market and most do not make it easy to obtain specifications on their machines to allow attachments to be made. My guess is they do not just throw this information at us because most OEM's sell their own attachments as well and we are then competing with them. Would you give your business info to your competitors? The OEM companies that do give the data out have specific channels to take to get it, not easy or fast but it can be done as a manufacturer. At times we will tag team with the dealer and “bug” the OEM until they give it up. One of the steps to be able to obtain the info from the OEM is to sign a Non-disclosure agreement stating we will not distribute or share their information. We certainly would not jeopardize that agreement or risk legal actions by posting the data on our web-site. I would loosely say that the larger the OEM presence the less likely they are to assist. (Can you spell C-A-T?) We feel the frustration as well in providing standard and custom attachments to all of you. It is a regular and weekly occurrence to send our Engineers on the road to measure machine linkage to be able to complete designs. This is very expensive and time consuming. Last but not least when the OEM’s have model changes there is always a scramble to determine if there was are pin and linkage changes involved. Also be cautious of people that make off the cuff remarks that model XYX will take the same buckets as a ZXY as sometimes they are 100% right and sometimes 100% wrong and it is your money at stake. As far as standardization between OEM machines good luck with that and the only company to welcome that direction would be the one that set the standards. Thanks for listening. P.S. Deere 330C same as 350D = 100mm, 23 1/32 Pin center to center and 16 9/16“ Inside Between ears. Remember you did not get this from Mr.MEL!

  19. #19Graham12013-06-13 17:05

    It would all be so much easier if everyone went over to the Swedish standard system. Suppliers could then compete on build quality, design and price rather than trying to stifle innovation. The attached explains the system: http://steelwrist.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Symmetrical-Quick-Couplers-for-Excavators1.pdf Graham

  20. #20StumpyWally2013-08-09 21:20

    Updated Pin-on Bucket Mounting Specs Here is a ZIP of a new Excavator Pin-on Bucket Mounting Specs spreadsheet. As promised previously, I have expanded the Doosan section greatly. Be sure to check the revision history at the end for the source. You can download it & add to it or edit it as you wish. If you add new or corrected info, please post the new one, or send me the updated info & I will incorporate it & post the updated spreadsheet. StumpyWally

  21. #21StumpyWally2015-01-27 14:07

    If anyone has any info on the pin-on bucket mounting specs for the following current 80 class (midsize) excavators, please post it (or send it in a PM to me), & I will update the master list & re-post to HEF here: 23.6" (600mm) -wide Steel Tracks Case CX80C (probably same as Link Belt) Cat 308E2 CR SB Hitachi ZX85USB-5 (probably same as John Deere) Kobelco SK80CS-3E Komatsu PC88MR-10 Kubota KX080-4 Link Belt 80 X3 (probably same as Case) John Deere 85G (probably same as Hitachi) Takeuchi TB290 Volvo ECR88D 17.7" (450mm) -wide Steel Tracks, or Unknown Width Bobcat E85 Doosan DX85R-3 Komatsu PC88MR-8 Wacker-Neuson 8003

  22. #22Roo_Attachments2015-01-27 14:10

    what do you mean mate? you want the pick up specs?

  23. #23StumpyWally2015-01-27 14:46

    No...the mounting specs, i.e.: Nominal stick pin diameter=?? Stick width=?? Bucket width at stick=?? Nominal link pin diameter=?? Link width=?? Bucket width at link=?? Pin centers=?? Bucket tip radius=??

  24. #24Roo_Attachments2015-01-27 15:32

    well i have a lot of the sizes for the bucket pin pick ups to suit quick hitches and things if you need that let me know and i will send to you. but i dont have the bucket tip i only have the sies from between the bosses and the pin dia and the distance between the ears as we build buckets.

  25. #25StumpyWally2015-01-27 16:39

    Roo_Attachments...Yes, I would very much appreciate your info...I'll send you a PM with my email address. Thanks.

  26. #26JDOFMEMI2015-01-27 20:00

    StumpyWally I have used the spreadsheet you have worked out a lot over the past few years. Just wanted to say thanks for putting in the effort and sharing it.

  27. #27StumpyWally2015-01-28 15:04

    Jerry...I appreciate the thanks...I'm hoping members will give me some more info to input to keep it up to date.

  28. #28StumpyWally2015-02-11 17:22

    Hey Roo_Attachments, where are you...I sent you a PM about 2 weeks ago w/ my normal email address, but I haven' heard from you??

  29. #29humboldt deere2015-02-12 00:26

    The sk 80 is 50mm pin, 7.09" stick, pin center 11.42". Volvo ecr88 is 60mm pin, 6.78" at stick, 11.42 pin centers. I have some others but there from a model older than what your asking.

  30. #30typ42015-02-12 12:30

    Sany 75 is the same as a JD 80 fyi

  31. #31StumpyWally2015-02-18 17:13

    Updated Pin-on Bucket Mounting Specs Here is a ZIP of a new Excavator Pin-on Bucket Mounting Specs spreadsheet. I have added a Sany section, with dimensions for a Sany 75 per TYP4 (as noted in the revision history at the end). Humboldt Deere...The Volvo ECR88 is already in the chart, with the same dimensions as you submitted. The Kobelco SK80 is also already in the chart, with the same dimensions as you submitted EXCEPT for pin centers. I had gotten info on 6/12/2012 from a NH parts bulletin that the pin centers were 11.73" (298mm) as opposed to the 11.42" you submitted, so I chose to leave the chart info unchanged. But, thank you for your input. You can download it & add to it or edit it as you wish. If you add new or corrected info, please post the new one, or send me the updated info & I will incorporate it & post the updated spreadsheet. StumpyWally View attachment EXCAVATOR Pin-on Bucket Mounting Specs.zip

  32. #32Lockotte2015-06-05 12:50

    The spec sheet looks awesome. I'm looking for buckets to fit my Vermeer CX 224 and since they only made them for a few years it been a struggle to find parts. I have hopes of finding other machines with the same bucket specs?? does anyone have specs for a Vermeer CX 224?

  33. #33Azariahz2015-08-04 14:08

    Stumpy your list is amazing. Thank you and to anyone else that has contributed. I've been working on my own list for some time. I'll add in any extras I have that you're missing and double check some stuff you've got here vs info I have accumulated. I take all my measurements directly from the machines as I make new accessories for them or from specs sent to me from dealers. I noticed you have a bucket family line there, I class all mine by machine weight, ex; my EX5 buckets are size appropriate for Kubota U25, Yanmar Vio 20 and 25, Bobcat E26 Etc... so maybe a machine operating weight would be a useful line to add in there? I'll add in what I've got and you can do what you like with it. Its still Excel 2003 for you?

  34. #34StumpyWally2015-08-04 17:06

    Yes, still Excel 2003...I would welcome any info you could provide. As to "bucket family", that came from a Cat list. I understand machine weight & how that might be useful, but I don't quite understand your example?? I would read your "EX5" bucket size as meant for a 5 metric ton machine, but that's bigger than any of the machine examples you cite?? Could you explain what you mean?? Maybe the 5 means 5,000 lbs?? That would be about right...

  35. #35Azariahz2015-08-05 07:56

    My lineups are named EX#, not just buckets but any accessory. The name does not mean capacity its just a name. In my EX5 line I have buckets, thumbs, rakes etc that fit any machine within a certain size range. That's where I find machine weight useful, maybe someone else would not.

  36. #36Tkepp2015-09-18 18:07

    StumpyWally Have you considered adding a profile to the listing?

  37. #37StumpyWally2015-09-21 17:04

    By "profile", do you mean a bucket diagram similar to the one you posted?? If so, I had considered it, but I can't find a good enough diagram, so I tried to make the column descriptions in the table as clear as I could. Do you have a good diagram that I could use??

  38. #38JDOFMEMI2015-09-28 03:03

    Stumpy Thanks again for your work on this list. I have used it many times to figure out if off brand attachments will fit, or are close enough to modify to fit, my machines.

  39. #39FloridaWayne2015-11-12 11:26

    excavator bucket pin sizing chart StumpyWally I would like to reach out and also thank you for your work on this. It is great. Wayne

  40. #40StumpyWally2015-11-12 15:21

    Thank you both for your "thanks"...helps make the effort worthwhile. FloridaWayne: Any specs to contribute to the list?? JDOFMEMI has been a major contributor.

  41. #41Roo Attachments2016-02-02 10:00

    G'day Guys I can add afair bit the list especially for the Kobelco section as now for all there new mini's they are getting made by Yanmar now. anything i post though will be in mm though guys so you will have to convert it. Also i can put in a drawing of the Ear so people can make it a bit more clear for them.

  42. #42StumpyWally2016-02-03 11:07

    Roo - Now that you've said you "can", by all means do so....

  43. #43Roo Attachments2016-02-03 12:02

    I made my list but i cant seem to upload it as its 161kb so I am wondering how can share it here? as there is a max 100kb size upload.

  44. #44StumpyWally2016-02-03 14:07

    Roo - Yes, there is a limit of 100kb on most file uploads, so you will have to "zip" it up & upload it. That should do it. Alternatively, you could email it to me & I will zip it. I will send you a PM with my email address.

  45. #45Roo Attachments2016-02-03 14:35

    Hey stumpy its 116Kb zipped so yeah thats a problem still maybe i could do like a dropbox link or something?

  46. #46Roo Attachments2016-02-03 15:19

    even with the zip its still too big as its 116kb. i have sent you an email mate.

  47. #47Roo Attachments2016-02-04 08:22

    Here is the list i made and guys make sure you check the 2nd page as it has the diagram to explain it a bit more easy. and a big thank you to StumpyWally for helping me to get this to the right size to upload it.

  48. #48Roo Attachments2016-02-11 20:59

    bokkie is it a multi hitch?

  49. #49SchreiberEX2016-03-14 13:04

    Thanks Stumpy, I have recently acquired a Doosan DX80R and need a ditching bucket. I find a lot of buckets but none list my model. Your list is huge but is missing this model. Any news?

  50. #50SchreiberEX2016-03-14 13:42

    In my searching I have found The Doosan DX80R uses 45 mm pins on the bucket but I do not have the stick width yet. Thanks

  51. #51StumpyWally2016-03-14 18:05

    I'm sorry, I don't have any dimensions for a Doosan DX80R....but I would love to include some if you could supply them when you get them!! The 45mm pins are a start...

  52. #52StumpyWally2016-03-22 17:14

    I know that you've all been waiting in "breathless anticipation"....so, your wait is over!! Here is the consolidated list of pin-on bucket mounting dimensions (with diagram) in PDF format... View attachment EXCAVATOR Pin-on Bucket Mounting Dimensions & Diagram .pdf ...& here are the source Excel spreadsheets in compressed ZIP format (each upload is limited to 100kb, so I had to split it into 3 parts),,, View attachment EXCAVATOR Pin-on Bucket Mounting Dimensions A-J.zip View attachment EXCAVATOR Pin-on Bucket Mounting Dimensions J-Z.zip View attachment EXCAVATOR Pin-on Bucket Mounting Diagram.zip Thank you to Roo Attachments from Australia for your input. The model & revision date of your info is shown in RED text. I did not use any of your "same as" data, as each reader can draw his own conclusions based on the raw data listed. Thank you to BokkieAndijk for the link to pin-on data on a website at P. Flannery in the UK. The model & revision date of Flannery data is shown in BLUE text. This data took a while to incorporate, as first I had to create a list from the way it was presented on Flannery's website. I should note that their website includes a diagram for each model, which usually includes some other info, such as boss dimensions & pin retention details. You will note in the attachments above that the source dimensions are shown in bold, & that most are in mm. Far fewer source dimensions are in inches. In both cases I've also shown the inch or mm conversion in non-bold text. I welcome any corrections, additions, or comments, as I continue to try to maintain this "master" list of dimensions.

  53. #53cps2016-03-22 19:31

    Thanks For adding the PDF Stumpywally! Very help full thanks Aiden

  54. #54AKLPeter2016-11-20 03:50

    Hi, StumpyWally , Thank you so much. your file is very helpful. save me a lot of time. will add a bit more information for you later. one dump question, what's the stick pin and the Link pin? not sure which one is which.

  55. #55AKLPeter2016-11-20 03:55

    Thanks a lot for your wonderful job. Very helpful!

  56. #56StumpyWally2016-11-20 11:59

    I was going to reply, "look at the diagram references, Pin F is the stick pin & Pin R is the link pin.", when I realized I had reversed those references in the column headings in the dimension table!! No wonder you were confused!! So, I have corrected my error & here are the revised documents: ...the consolidated list of pin-on bucket mounting dimensions (with diagram) in PDF format... View attachment EXCAVATOR Pin-on Bucket Mounting Dimensions & Diagram .pdf ...& the source Excel spreadsheets in compressed ZIP format (each upload is limited to 100kb, so I had to split it into 3 parts)... View attachment EXCAVATOR Pin-on Bucket Mounting Dimensions A-J.zip View attachment EXCAVATOR Pin-on Bucket Mounting Dimensions J-Z.zip View attachment EXCAVATOR Pin-on Bucket Mounting Diagram.zip Sorry for my original error...& thank you for catching it!!

  57. #57ACBJohn2016-11-21 10:00

    Mounting Specs StumpyWally - My Cat 205LC has a pin spacing of 340mm. You can add that to your data as that dimension is missing. John

  58. #58StumpyWally2016-11-22 16:00

    Thanks for the info...I'll include it along with some other stuff later this winter when I have time to do a more thorough update.

  59. #59melli2016-12-14 17:01

    Awesome job! Many thanks!

  60. #60John Shipp2017-01-04 19:26

    Bumping this up because it is excellent. The pdf link comes up blue on page 4, post 60. Great job, John.

  61. #61StumpyWally2017-01-06 16:03

    Thank you much for the kind words...The PDF link in my post #60 works fine for me when I try it...if it still doesn't work for you & you would like a copy, drop me your email & I can send you a copy directly.

  62. #62John Shipp2017-01-06 18:11

    Hi Stumpy, Works fine in post 60 thanks, just didn't come up right in the quote in my post 64 above. Cheers mate, John.

  63. #63Mulemn2017-01-21 14:58

    308e2 cr bucket specs 308e2 pin dia 50 mm, between ears 203 mm pin centers 308 mm

  64. #64DemoLady2017-06-01 21:59

    StumpyWally, I know it has been a long time since this post was bumped and updated, but THANKS for what you have in your spreadsheet!!!! Now my questions--- 1) for the CAT235 you have the pins listed as 88.900mm / 3.5in - how precise is this? We are looking to put a concrete processor (listed that it fits on a CAT 235) on a machine that takes 90mm pins - do you think it would fit? 2) We have a Deere 330LC - can you confirm that those are 100 mm pins? Thanks for any help you can provide! DemoLady

  65. #65StumpyWally2017-06-09 20:38

    Sorry for the delay in replying... As for the Cat 235, I don't have any personal knowledge of how precise the dimensions are. As noted in the revision history, those dimensions (for models in blue) came from http://www.flanneryplanthire.com/pin-sizes.php in UK. I merely transcribed them & included them in my list. But do note that the source dimensions are in bold, namely stick pin & link pin diameter = 3.50 inches, bucket width at stick & at link = 385mm, & pin centers = 535mm. The non-bold dimensions are just conversions to the other units. Even so, I would think that the 1.1mm difference in pin sizes you mention will require that some suitable modification be made. As for the Deere 330LC, I don't even see that in my list...sooo, I don't know if it takes 100mm pins. Maybe some other member can offer some info...??

  66. #66RayF2017-06-09 21:26

    The 235 diggers had imperial sized pins. The JD diggers I have no experience with but believe they are Hitachi's? If that is the case a 100 mm pin would measure 99.9 mm. The 300 series Cat diggers have bucket pins that are 0.15 under size.eg 100mm is 99.85

  67. #67StumpyWally2018-05-22 16:01

    Finally got some time (it's raining again!!), so I updated my lists with some minor additions (see the revision history in the documents), & here they are: 1. The consolidated list of pin-on bucket mounting dimensions (with diagram) in PDF format... 2, 3 & 4. The source Excel spreadsheets in compressed ZIP format (each upload is limited to 100kb, so I had to split it into 3 parts).

  68. #68webdude2018-06-19 20:34

    F@RK!!! this spreadsheet is the Shizzle. Been compiling my own list of dimensions slowly over the years. This is awesome!!! All praise to StumpWally!

  69. #690072018-06-20 05:42

    Hi Stumby, Excellent job you have been doing. Are you interested in mine which is missing on the list? U25 Kubota

  70. #70StumpyWally2018-06-22 10:43

    007....Sure, bring it on!!!

  71. #710072018-06-22 21:32

    My specs came from kubota not measured. U25-3 Pin spacing 139mm Ear spacing 109mm Pin Dia 30mm Can you upload again please with latest. Cheers

  72. #72StumpyWally2018-07-02 13:47

    OK, done...it's too friggin' hot to do anything else...so, at the end of this post are the updated lists as: 1. The consolidated list of pin-on bucket mounting dimensions (with diagram) in PDF format... 2 & 3 The source Excel spreadsheets in compressed ZIP format (each upload is limited to 100kb, so I had to split it into 3 parts). 4. The pin-on bucket diagram in PDF format.

  73. #73xr4ticlone2018-07-21 12:36

    Crazy question here...but how hard would it be to make a (I guess macro) that would allow you to put in your machine's info and see what other machines have a workable bucket? I ask because I have customers with buckets that I have the measurements but it'd be cool if you could put that in and it would bring up all the machines that would fit.

  74. #74StumpyWally2018-07-22 10:45

    xr4ticlone ...You're welcome to try the macro route, but a simple way is to just electronically search the PDF, or the Excel spreadsheet with the built-in search tool. If in Excel, every time you find a line (a machine), copy that line to the clipboard & paste it into another sheet. In that way you can build a list of compatible machines. It's a little tedious, but it works.

  75. #75cps2019-01-16 07:26

    Hi StumpWally Any updates? I have a few i could possibly send you if you wanted to ad them?

  76. #76delectric1232019-01-16 09:11

    Jost wanted to say my thanks to Stumpy Wally. Thanks for valuable file, it has saved me a lot of time.

  77. #77StumpyWally2019-01-16 17:03

    CPS.....No updates, but if you send me your info I'll try to incorporate it. Delectric...You're welcome...glad it has helped you. I'm just trying to contribute to HEF in a way I can.

  78. #78PipelinerPaul2019-02-21 17:21

    Anyone have the pin size and spacing for a Case CX470B? I've searched high and low with no success

  79. #79cps2019-02-28 09:43

    Pretty sure they are the same as the CX460 which is listed, but not certain on that

  80. #80webdude2019-08-25 02:00

    Hi StumpyWally, Been over a year since I last got your spreadsheet, any updates since the 2018-07-03 release? Hi xr4ticlone, I too have many times wanted to be able to find which machines have same or similar dimensions so I can find more attachments to fit my machine. Yesterday I merged the 2 spreadsheets and started writing some formulas to highlight rows that showed machines with exact or close dimensions. You can download it from here... Libre Office (.ODS) file... http://www.mancave.space/Industrial...ng_Dimensions_(AllListWithWebdudesSearch).ods http://www.mancave.space/Industrial...ng_Dimensions_(AllListWithWebdudesSearch).xls Microsoft Office (.XLS) file... http://www.mancave.space/Industrial...ng_Dimensions_(AllListWithWebdudesSearch).xls I did the work in Libre Office Calc (free and very awesome equivalent of Microsoft Excel) and saved it as a .ODS (Open Document Format) file. I then also exported it as a .XLS file so that you Microsoft victims can open it (though Libre Office is available for Windoze too! www.libreoffice.org ). Sometimes some formatting tweaks get lost or skewed when converting between formats and you get truncated data columns etc. I don't own or use a copy of Microsoft Office so I haven't tested the .XLS version yet. Let me know if it doesn't work or looks a mess. Currently It just allows searching on 3 parameters: 'Nominal Stick Pin Diameter' (Pin F), 'Bucket Width at Stick' (B-B-F), and 'Pin Centers' (C-C). But as well as the 'Exact' value you are looking for (rows highlighted green), you also set a 'Min' and 'Max' value for each to find machines with a 'Close' match (rows highlighted yellow). eg. --------| Pin | BTE | CtoC | | Min | 43 | 1 | 225 | | Exact | 45 | 161 | 230 | <--Exact Dimensions | Max | 47 | 171 | 235 | ---------------------------- For a small Pin size I allow to find Pin sizes 2mm smaller and larger (eg, 43mm-47mm), which is not ideal but should be ok or could be easily modified if needed (eg. a larger pin could be shaved / ground down to match). For the BTE (Between The Ears), I just set the Min to 1. If a dipper arm is narrower it will still fit in the bucket and could have spacers / shims added to reduce any sloppiness. I allow 10mm more on the Max value, often even if the Stick Width is just a little too big you can shave a little off the inside bosses of the attachment to make it fit. The CtoC (Center to Center / Pin Centers) is a little less forgiving. Having to cut out one pin from both the Ear plates and re-weld it so the pins are closer together or further apart is doable, but is a big job. However, I have sometimes shaved a little off a pin to give just enough room to fit in a hitch that was too tight, so I allow a few mm either way in my search. Also if you have a variable Pin Center distance on your hitch (nice), you have the ability to accept attachments with a much greater CtoC range so this Min & Max feature will help you find many other compatible machines. If you only want exact values, just set the Min & Max to the same as the Exact value. eg. --------| Pin | BTE | CtoC | | Min | 45 | 161 | 230 | <--Min Value same as Exact | Exact | 45 | 161 | 230 | <--Exact Dimensions | Max | 45 | 161 | 230 | <--Max Value same as Exact ---------------------------- ONLY the 9 fields at the top in the light coloured yellow and green are to be modified. Please be careful where you click. I suggest you save a copy as (ORIGINAL) and another for daily use, if you bump something you shouldn't and accidentally save it, then delete it and take another copy from the ORIGINAL file. I am in Australia and we use Metric, so sorry only millimeter (mm) values can be entered. But I did add the auto-calculating inches column next to each field so you can see what the metric value is in imperial inches. This tweak to StumpyWally's awesome work does give you some idea of the other machines with 'exact' matching dimensions and 'close' matching dimensions. However, don't assume this is accurate, it only works for about 90% of the rows, as some machines have data values missing or non numeric values entered like: 485/512 etc. eg. if you do a search with the following broad parameters to catch everything... --------| Pin | BTE | CtoC | | Min | 1 | 1 | 1 | | Exact | 100 | 100 | 100 | | Max | 999 | 999 | 999 | ---------------------------- ...you will see the un-highlighted rows that it doesn't match. So, you still have to scroll down the list of 1600+ rows of data to find the highlighted rows, but it does save comparing values one row at a time, trying to manually find matching machines (an hours work maybe?). I have used it already to find machines with similar dimensions to my hitch setup which should make finding buckets to fit much easier now I know which other machine's are compatible. @ StumpyWally... Your work has saved me a great deal of time researching to find dimensions for many machines, I wanted to give something back. I hope you find the feature useful. and if you think it is cool, I am happy to add the extra features (and maybe improve them a little each time) to your spreadsheets as you release new versions. Enjoy Responsibly!!! Webdude

  81. #81StumpyWally2019-09-01 13:32

    My latest version is contained in post #76. Rest assured that any updates I do I always post in this thread. Your macro work sounds very interesting....but I'll have to wait 'til this Winter before I download it & fiddle with it. I'm just too busy now....gotta work now while the weather is good. Stumpy

  82. #82kevward112020-02-11 16:29

    Thank you for this spread sheet. I bought a beat up yanmar B 22 and have been looking in vain for this info, and here it is. Got to love the internet, I'd buy a round for the house if we were sitting at a bar. Thanks again.

  83. #83SchreiberEX2020-02-12 15:47

    I have a b50-22and it's pretty dilapidated but we bought a 12 inch bucket for it when we were using it. It is available and in good shape in rochester, ny area

  84. #84cps2020-11-09 15:49

    Hi Guys, Is there any updates on the pin dimensions

  85. #85StumpyWally2020-11-09 16:50

    Nope...been too busy, & no one has supplied any missing info.

  86. #86mx7272020-11-15 12:57

    Yanmar ViO80 image attached. I believe that is the same for the SV100, but will verify.

  87. #87mx7272020-11-15 19:02

    Yanmar SV100-2A is the same.

  88. #88mx7272020-11-15 19:46

    Easy solution is a multi-level sort of the Excel data. I'd sort on Pin Diameter, then Pin Centers, then Bucket Width.

  89. #89StumpyWally2020-12-01 14:00

    Here is my latest update of 12/01/2020 - & a new version - of the Excavator Bucket Mounting Dimensions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XPJ_V6VtqWTU6ujXdL4t_cw7JtLAZ90-BfzfN1DQR8g/edit?usp=sharing ​ Let me know, good or bad, if this new version works for you. Keep reading for an explanation of what’s new & different… The master list is now a Google Sheet in my Google Drive. Via the link above, anyone can have view-only access to the link. You can bookmark the sheet in your own browser. Be aware that the Google “sheet” is actually a spreadsheet workbook, that consists of 3 tabbed sheets: Dimensions, Diagram, & Revision History. If you are not familiar with Google Sheets, it is essentially a cloud-based web app that mimics Excel. There is nothing to install on your computer (except a web browser) in order to be able to view, print, or download the workbook (the list of dimensions). I have eliminated all color coding for revision identification, thereby freeing up color coding to highlight the “same” or “close” row matches that are found using the scheme that WebDude introduced in his post #84. To highlight the “finds”, you must first download the spreadsheet by doing the following: 1. Be sure the Google Sheets pull-down menu is un -hidden, by clicking on the “down-arrow” in the upper right corner of the sheet. ​ 2. Be sure that you have Excel (or equivalent spreadsheet software, like the free Libre Office Calc) installed on your computer. 3. Then from the Google Sheet pull-down menu, select “File>Download” & pick the format for your installed software (either Excel format, or OpenDocument format for Libre Office Calc). ​ 4. Open your downloaded document & do as the instruction at the upper left of the sheet explains (shaded in red). ​ Please note the following when doing “finds”: 1. The 9 find fields are all based on metric (mm). There is an auto-calculating field in inches to the right of each. 2. You can only find based on 3 dimensions: the pin diameter at the stick (= the front pin, or Pin F on the diagram), the bucket width at the stick (= the between-the-ears-value, or B-B F on the diagram), & the pin centers (C-C on the diagram). The logic behind this is well explained by WebDude in his post #84.​ (Since HEF limits each post to 4 uploads, this is continued in my next post.)

  90. #90StumpyWally2020-12-01 14:11

    To Illustrate, here are some sample finds: 1. To find nothing, fill all 9 fields with 0. This will highlight only the “Manufacturer” name rows. This is the “starting state” for the master spreadsheet. ​ 2. To find more normally, using WebDude’s logic in post #84: ​ 3. To find only the same or exact values, set the MIN & MAX fields the same as the SAME field: ​ 4. To find “all” rows, set the MIN fields to 1, the MAX fields to 999, & the SAME field to virtually any number, say 100. As you scroll down thur all 1,600+ rows, notice 2 things: a. Not all rows are highlighted. Ones with missing values, either blank or listed as ??, are not included. ​ (Since HEF limits each post to 4 uploads, this is continued in my next post.)

  91. #91StumpyWally2020-12-01 14:13

    b. Some rows are listed twice, usually because one of the parameters can have 2 values. Notice below that the Cat 320 / B Link can have 2 pin centers: 445 or 485. In previous versions of this list such occurrences were usually listed such as “445/485” and took up only one row. I made this listing change to the current version to allow the finds to be more inclusive & work better. ​ As an alternative to doing the “finds” in your downloaded workbook, you could also narrow your search by doing a multi-column sort of the data as suggested by MX727 in his post #92. I suppose you could also filter the data in various columns. Whatever floats your boat & your comfortable with given your spreadsheet skills… BUT, be aware that the workbook you have downloaded & are doing your finds in is NOT protected in any way from you entering something in the wrong cell, or otherwise screwing it up. In such cases, just do NOT save your file. If you do accidentally save it, just download another copy of the master. Finally, you can always download the master directly in PDF format for viewing, searching or printing. Be aware when downloading in PDF format (or printing directly from the master), you should always select “Workbook” as the item to download or print. When downloading to spreadsheet format to do your “finds”, the entire workbook is downloading automatically. ​

  92. #92mx7272020-12-02 23:08

    Nice work Wally Thank you very much.

  93. #93StumpyWally2020-12-05 10:24

    After checking over what I did, I made several more format corrections, so here is the newest & latest version of 12/05/2020: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V5ozLRvfgCy2-dGQUpg_V4bbkEuN5pwk2PcqnuykhbY/edit?usp=sharing ​ After analyzing the list, I have determined that there are 77 "Unknowns", i.e., rows (machines/buckets) that have no dimensions or otherwise not explicit dimensions. Here is a link to that list of "Unknowns": https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YOxEHdg_LB78vL8YzOou0HnR93-tpehxyU18oQ6FkY/edit?usp=sharing ​ So, check your Owners' Manuals and Maintenance Manuals for any of these dimensions for these "Unknowns". If you have or know where any of these "Unknowns" exist, please consider actually measuring them for these dimensions. Please report all results back to me & I will update the master list. Thanks, stay free of Covid & have a happy Christmas & New Years!

  94. #94673moto2020-12-19 23:11

    Thanks stumpywally for the stellar work compiling this data! I’m looking thru and don’t see Deere 27,35 d/g ? Should I assume the hitachi ex35 measurements would work? I have an oddball gray market machine and looking for a quick coupler...

  95. #95StumpyWally2020-12-20 14:57

    While I compiled the list, I'm certainly no authority on the dimensions. Although, from what I've learned on this forum, most Deere machines are Hitachi clones, so your approach might not be too bad. But if I were you I would visit a Deere dealer & actually measure the dimensions on a Deere 27 & 35 before I committed to an order for a coupler.

  96. #96ebaikie2021-02-01 01:33

    If you want to add another Hanix to the list. My Hanix S&B300 has the following dimensions: Pin Diameter 35mm (from service manual) Width Between Ears 135mm (from service manual) Pin-to-Pin 165mm (measured)

  97. #97cps2021-02-01 17:03

    The Hitachi Ex35 data would be a common Hitachi fitment, I.E covers a few machines. What I would say is that, the ZX26 and ZX33 Hitachi are different, the 26 is 35mm pins, so i would double check both Deere models.

  98. #98673moto2021-02-01 22:43

    Thanks, so far I’ve found the Deere 35d has 40mm pins

  99. #99StumpyWally2021-02-02 13:06

    Here is the newest & latest version of 2/2/2021: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xMxzNeqxUWqoh385o0l6LOTOMv-jk98r-h0SUwGsA1E/edit?usp=sharing ​ Refer to the Revision History at the end for description of changes.

  100. #100JS Myers2021-02-03 07:48

    I would like to thank you for all the work you and anyone else has done on this. Y'all are gentlemen and scholars.

  101. #101JS Myers2021-02-11 16:01

    Here is something I had sent to me from a Deere dealer that may be of help to some. Don't know if this has been covered in this thread already.

  102. #102StumpyWally2021-02-22 17:43

    Here is the newest & latest version or 02/22/2021. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iADUG1u3sejvlJkQA9wk6g11dxvWuv0SpPUk8iBKnlQ/edit?usp=sharing ​ I've incorporated the many John Deere & Hitachi machines & dimensions that were kindly provided by JS Myers. It took me a couple of hours, & I think I'm now a little google-eyed...but it's a useful past time while it's snowing...again!!

  103. #103Swetz2021-02-22 19:21

    LOL...Thanks for your dilligence!!

  104. #104StumpyWally2021-02-23 09:28

    In my post #106, I may have posted a link that does not have sufficient access. Sorry about that.... So, here is a corrected link to the newest & latest version of 02/22/2021: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iADUG1u3sejvlJkQA9wk6g11dxvWuv0SpPUk8iBKnlQ/edit?usp=sharing ​

  105. #105Erik Goslawski2021-03-04 11:10

    Just want to say a big thank you to those that have contributed to this blog. I work for a OEM and we are designing a new size mini excavator. This will be a clean sheet design and we don't even have this information. Leave it to the guys in the trenches to get this figured out!!! Thanks again.

  106. #106JS Myers2021-03-11 15:37

    You are a good man, sir!

  107. #107Beau Leitzen2022-09-14 16:56

    Thats some useful data. great job is there not data for pc88mr-10? ..maybe its the same as the pc78-6

  108. #108Andreas28082022-10-23 12:18

    Hello, The list is really great! Thank you to the creator! In the "Atlas" section, however, it looks a bit poor. Bolt diameter 100mm for for 1602 can not be. Should be as follows: 12XX: 50mm, from 13XX: 60mm, from 18XX: 80mm XX= 02 or 04. Stick width is also not correct in line 35 and 36. 1804 stick width should be 350mm (long front).

  109. #109mx7272023-05-06 21:53

    Just cycling this back to the top for new people that might not know it's here.

  110. #1102machine2024-01-02 14:46

    Hi, does anyone knows if CAT 320 B linakge bucket can be used on John Deere 210G machine? Seems the pin diameters are the same, 80mm, the width is a little bit off, 311 for CAT and 307 for John deere, pin center is different CAT at 445 mm and John deere at 476 mm but I believe that only changes to the digging angle, still able to use the bucket?

  111. #111earthscratcher2024-02-03 03:24

    yes the 320 b linkage bucket will work, it might need up to 1.75 inches of shims if its the wider eared cat bucket

  112. #112Prooney702024-12-13 09:13

    @StumpyWally this is truly a great resource. Here's a couple to add to the list. John Deere 50ZTS: 45mm pin diameters 230mm pin centers 162mm stick & link width Kubota U55: 45mm pin diameters 264mm pin centers 145mm stick & link width

  113. #113StumpyWally2026-04-03 17:58

    Here is the newest & latest version of 04/03/2026: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...hOh5E7fN2qCTBY90E5Se7M5g8/edit?usp=drive_link

  114. #114mx7272026-04-03 19:22

    Thank you for keeping this up to date and keeping it going!