Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pins and Bushing

sultan ยท 2010-05-12 19:32

I just purchased a 2000 JD 200LC excavator. It's a nice little machine, that is overall very good condition. However, it does needs new pins and bushing on the bucket linkage. The tip of the bucket slops 2-3 inches back and forth and sideways. I think I am right in saying that I should replace the 4 pins and the bushings in that linkage immediately before doing any work with the machine. About how much would the pins and bushings cost for this machine? Where would be the best place to get them? Is it easy to replace them myself or should I get a mechanic to replace them? Thanks P.S. The machine is equipped with a hydraulic pin grabber coupler. Does this make any difference to the procedure? The coupler is fine - its the pins and bushings in the linkage that connects the stick etc. to the coupler that are worn.

Replies3
  1. #1redneckpete2010-05-12 20:17

    I'd replace them all. If the pins have gone through the bushings you will be into a bigger expense. With that much slop it sounds like that could be the case. You will need to get a machine shop to chase out the bushings and reline the hole with a bigger custom bushing. They can fab some new pins too, probably for less money then the dealer wants. Pete

  2. #2sultan2010-05-12 20:36

    All the other pins bushings other than those in the bucket linkage seem fine (none to almost no visible play anywhere else). Any idea on cost? The actual slop at the pins is looks around 4mm. Its just that the length of the bucket and coupler and the multiple bushings all with play add up to make the 2 inches of slop. P.S. This seems to have been a machine used with a hammer at times. Any suggestions on other areas to examine more carefully for slop on a former hammer machine? It also seems that the previous owners weren't greasing the bucket linkage enough (looks like they were greasing it weekly or every few days instead of daily).

  3. #3PC200LC-82010-05-13 14:51

    You get pins & bushings from a Deere Heavy Equipment dealership. Call their parts department with your model number and serial number.